• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna keep kolin as one of the characters I rotate, though I do think some of her links (meaty overhead into crlp > target combo specifically) is really hard to pull off, harder then even the hardest stuff from ibuki.

I think it's because of the mash input for daggers, you only get 5 punches before they come out and I tend to double tap my inputs so that fucks me up sometimes.

But yeah I'll think I'll main her for now, until I've got most of her stuff in muscle memory, and then rotate her with mika/necalli/ibuki/cammy.

Probably not butt because they lost all the players that logged in to check out Kolin.

Well..

Ucchedavāda;231485064 said:
According to SteamCharts, there are still almost twice as many players playing at the moment compared to before Kolin dropped.

There's only a difference of 1000 or so, and even with Capcom's servers, this is still more than usual. Which leads me to believe the errors after the patch have been related to them sharing the servers, and this newest update did something right, but we'll see.

So whatever this is, it's either to get ready for a patch, content, or both either this week or next week.

Kashiwaba

[Likes Juri. Clicks on link though warned not to]

My heart is broken.
I feel him, I've been trying to learn how to play juri and main her for the past 2 months, she is fun to play and i really like the character too, but she is really garbage lol. After losing so many times it stops being funny or interesting.

Kashiwaba

Well..

There's only a difference of 1000 or so,
and even with Capcom's servers, this is still more than usual. Which leads me to believe the errors after the patch have been related to them sharing the servers, and this newest update did something right, but we'll see.

So whatever this is, it's either to get ready for a patch, content, or both either this week or next week.

This is only the pc version, ps4 version sold about 10 times as much as the pc version, so probably i would add at least 7000~8000 more players to this number.

This is only the pc version, ps4 version sold about 10 times as much as the pc version, so probably i would add at least 7000~8000 more players to this number.

Yeah, I meant purely speaking on the PC front, but it's probably smarter to take into account the PS4 base as well. Overall, there are probably more players playing now than before Kolin. Maybe if they stopped downloading the goddamn game files through the client, we wouldn't have after server issues.

But on the flipside, hopefully we can get someone to start digging on Tuesday once they let us download.

Edit: Man, something in me is hating charge characters. Like, the moment I switch to Akuma, I'm able to pull off what I want. Bison is the only character that doesn't require anything too complex, but my Urien gimmicks ain't working out anymore, and my Rog is leaving so much damage off the table.

Maybe it's time to trim down this troupe, grind it out with two characters, and actually advance in the ranks,

Or maybe it's more fun to play seven different characters. I don't know.

FluxWaveZ

Best to expect that it's just regular maintenance. Hopefully it doesn't actually make things worse, because things are actually fairly good right now.

Best to expect that it's just regular maintenance. Hopefully it doesn't actually make things worse, because things are actually fairly good right now.

It's weird of them to do another maintenance so soon, but you are probably right. I'll expect nothing.

At least we'll have to get patch info by next week at some point. That's probably the latest they could do that.

This game has regular scheduled maintenance? I thought they only did it for updates/content.

Damn.

Only time something is prescheduled is when content is coming out. Otherwise, maintenance comes from servers being butt and maybe fixes. I don't think we've had one in a while by its lonesome, which is why it's weird. It could be that, in regards to the patch coming, they want to get shit ready. But it doesn't mean another downtime ain't coming.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-of-snow-and-ice-kolin-joins-street-fighter-v

Bottom of the page, most people think the balance before first CPT event, may not be in March but from the mouth of Capcom, another balance is coming..

I think he was saying there was no actual confirmed date for the balance patch, just an announcement about it sometime in March.

There was never any balance patch confirmed to be coming at any date

As previously mentioned, we have been analyzing player performance since the Season 2 balance changes. At this time, we can confirm additional changes are in the works to bring characters in-line with how we envision them to perform. We can’t share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an announcement early March.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-of-snow-and-ice-kolin-joins-street-fighter-v

Bottom of the page, most people think the balance before first CPT event, may not be in March but from the mouth of Capcom, another balance is coming..

Femto.

This game has longer maintenance and servers down time than FFXIV lol.
The fuck

Only time something is prescheduled is when content is coming out. Otherwise, maintenance comes from servers being butt and maybe fixes. I don't think we've had one in a while by its lonesome, which is why it's weird. It could be that, in regards to the patch coming, they want to get shit ready. But it doesn't mean another downtime ain't coming.

Makes sense why I haven't heard about it until now. I go weeks without playing sometimes since I usually play local at my Uni's FG club.

MCD250

Honestly, the patch could do nothing but roll back Urien and Guile to S1 status and put Laura and Balrog somewhere in between S1 and S2 and I'd consider it a success.

I mean, I hope it does more than that, obviously. But yeah.

This game has longer maintenance and servers down time than FFXIV lol.

This game has more downtime than Guild Wars franchise, an MMO running for almost 12 years..Almost every gaming company out there would love get their hands on Anet's streaming tech, GW servers never go down for patching, you get an in game message saying please restart your game a new build is available, when they do have maintenance, you can still play, message saying your experience may not be optimal, you might disconnect, and it usually last no more than 3 hours.. only time servers go offline, when they really fuck up...wish SFV and many other online games i play had Arena.net tech..

Femto.

This game has more downtime than Guild Wars franchise, an MMO running for almost 12 years..Almost every gaming company out there would love get their hands on Anet's streaming tech, GW servers never go down for patching, you get an in game message saying please restart your game a new build is available, when they do have maintenance, you can still play, message saying your experience may not be optimal, you might disconnect, and it usually last no more than 3 hours.. only time servers go offline, when they really fuck up...wish SFV and many other online games i play had Arena.net tech..

Yup, it's why I loved GW.

Honestly, the patch could do nothing but roll back Urien and Guile to S1 status and put Laura and Balrog somewhere in between S1 and S2 and I'd consider it a success.

Just scale the shit more and bring back v-reversals, and buff the lower tiers so that they have more reasons to be played.

The thing is, there's a number of ways they can do this and still have a better season than 2. I'd like more, like another rising option, but it's really on the cusp of adjusting a few defensive things and normalizing stuff a little bit more and the game will be better off for it.

But as to what people want is even more of a scattershot these days with social media making things worse than they seem. Like when Tampa was complaining about Birdie Yeah, EX Bullhorn is goofy in V-trigger, but he has to a) be in v-trigger, b) spend meter, and c) Bison has a bunch of options right after the block. Like, fam, you really gonna complain when dude dumped two bars of meter and left himself open to whatever mediums you wanted to push at that point for a full combo? Get outta here.

Would watch this.

There are obviously exceptions as the movie taught us. Battle Outfit Alex even looks like he could be Woody Harrelson.
Now I can't unsee a balding Alex.
It's Eventhubs, but it probably does represent the common opinion of people playing the game: a poll for the characters people want to see buffed and nerfed the most in an upcoming S2 patch.

No real surprises in there. I guess I would have thought Laura would be higher than Balrog instead of pretty much equal. Funny how much Ryu is the underdog now when I think back to S1. Wonder how much of that is for Daigo's sake.
Voted for Alex, Vega and Birdie buffs.

S2.5 would be about as close to perfect as current SFV can get if they revert V-reversal nerfs, the white life nerf (partially) and they buff seven characters moderately while practically leaving everyone else untouched. Those seven characters are probably the worst three (Fang/Alex/Nash) and the next four (Ryu/Vega/Birdie/Juri) who are sorta weak or just hanging in there. I think out of those seven Juri and Birdie are the strongest, though. It'll be interesting to see how they develop from now until EVO.

How much would white life affect Bison if they increased the speed to half of what it was? Or even 40 percent of what it was? Like, it's helping a lot more than it's hurting, but at the same time, it's fucking useless unless you are under very clutch situations.

Femto.

How much would white life affect Bison if they increased the speed to half of what it was? Or even 40 percent of what it was? Like, it's helping a lot more than it's hurting, but at the same time, it's fucking useless unless you are under very clutch situations.

Idk, but it would definitely help Akuma lol

It would probably affect Bison, Sim and Rashid mains more than they'd like if Capcom fully reverted the nerf. That is why Capcom can easily just make the regeneration happen at a rate halfway between S1 and S2. Right now white health really is useless. Not even V-reversals are that pointless.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Not much imo. What would hurt him and a lot of other characters is a rollback on the DP nerf.

I guess going halfies is fine. It'd further normalize the cast so go for it.

And yeah, please don't roll back the fucking DP change. That shit is stupid. I don't care what anyone says, that shit can stay gone in this game.

Kashiwaba

And yeah, please don't roll back the fucking DP change. That shit is stupid. I don't care what anyone says, that shit can stay gone in this game.
I'm OK with wake up DP returning but they should nerf it's damage.

I don't see it as that big of a deal either way. As it is, SFV got rid of fadc to make DPs safe and the crush counter made DPs riskier as well.

MCD250

Feel like in terms of enjoyment of the game, nerfing the top tiers to some extent is probably more important than buffing the low tiers right now tbh (NOT that I'm saying that the low tiers shouldn't be buffed, because they should be). The thing with the current crop of top tiers is that most of them thrive on putting you in 50/50s. Everyone picks the top tiers -> everyone else keeps getting put in 50/50s -> nobody likes being put in 50/50s -> game feels less fun and people complain. You take some of those options away, maybe that becomes less of an issue. Maybe.

I also agree that they should roll back some system-wide changes like V-Reversals and gray life. But tbh I'm not expecting any balance changes next week. I reckon they'll probably just patch Ring of Destiny to have the logo for one of the tournaments that will be happening this month, and maaaaybe do some server adjustments or whatever to address some issues.

Mr. X

Urien nerfs I see coming
-Meter gain nerfs
-Stun nerfs
-Damage nerfs
-Back to S1 health (unnecessary buff imo, more health left after getting VT lol)
-crMK 1 or 0 on block, 3 on hit
-Wakeup VT removed
-Hurtbox bigger on EX Tackle, maybe as fast as LK tackle.

I just want to keep the options, reach and fun factor.
I wish they could buff the bottom so they're as fun,expressive and formidable as Urien :[

Neoxon

As far as Urien goes, I'd be happy if they made him his Season 1 self aside from the step kick now being down-forward HK (which greatly helped his anti-air game). He'd still be his fun & expressive self, but fewer people would complain about him being OP. Either that or buff everyone to Urien's level.

I'm okay with either option, just as long as they don't nerf Urien to the ground.

Mr. X

As far as Urien goes, I'd be happy if they made him his Season 1 self aside from the step kick now being down-forward HK (which greatly helped his anti-air game). He'd still be his fun & expressive self, but fewer people would complain about him being OP. Either that or buff everyone to Urien's level.

I'm okay with either option, just as long as they don't nerf Urien to the ground.

Nah S1 sHK and crHP sucked, both got improved hitboxes and crHP got faster and always launches, let me keep these and dfHK for step kick and everything else can go back to S1.

Nah S1 sHK and crHP sucked, both got improved hitboxes and crHP got faster and always launches, let me keep these and dfHK for step kick and everything else can go back to S1.

All of this and the increased juggle potential on non-ex tackles need to stay. Not being able to end an aegis juggle with an HK tackle just felt wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom