• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poongko got so annoyed with the game giving him an error in ranked that he switched to Ultra, lol. Losing 500 LP would've made me tight as fuck, too.

MCD250

Am I the only one who thinks Laura and Rog are way more braindead and deserving of nerfs than Urien?
I'd say all three are about equal tbh. There's so many Uriens out there who just...do shit. And are often rewarded for it. I'm not saying they should cut off his legs or whatever, but damn. I'm pretty sure he was already solid as hell in S1 tbh. He just wasn't out long enough for people to figure him out (save for that one dude whose name escapes me who was tearing it up in tournaments late last year). Going back to that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him.

Am I the only one who thinks Laura and Rog are way more braindead and deserving of nerfs than Urien?
I've had problems with Laura and Rogs since S1, Rog especially. With Aegis it just feels like I'm being hit by another combo. When Rog V-Triggers me I feel like I'm getting hit with some infinite corner carrying super juggle. Drives me nuts, and that stomp is an unblockable to me. Laura just has stupid shenanigans that gets me livid, the life just melts away. And it doesn't help that it seems like a near universal trait for Laura players to dodge the runbacks.

Urien's damn good, but I can deal with him just fine.

I feel like Laura and Balrog both have weaknesses and strategies that can shut them down but Urien is more versatile and can change gears easily.

Urien nerfs I see coming
-Meter gain nerfs
-Stun nerfs
-Damage nerfs
-Back to S1 health (unnecessary buff imo, more health left after getting VT lol)
-crMK 1 or 0 on block, 3 on hit
-Wakeup VT removed
-Hurtbox bigger on EX Tackle, maybe as fast as LK tackle.

I just want to keep the options, reachr and fun factor.
I wish they could buff the bottom so they're as fun,expressive and formidable as Urien :[

You don't even underatand why they buffed c.mk. Wake up V-trigger isn't an issue for any decent player. Nothing is wrong with ex-tackles hurtbox. Everything else is fine for a nerf. Don't remove necessary utility from the character.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight I beat Low Tier God and he rage quit on me. Sometimes this game is fun.
Should've recorded/uploaded it. Those are always hits.

Urien is not braindead, but he's just kinda too good. Honestly, his range combined with his damage and frame data doesn't really make sense if you compare it to many other characters. Not to mention his comeback potential. Oh and of course he has 1,025 health, too...

Sayad

You don't even underatand why they buffed c.mk. Wake up V-trigger isn't an issue for any decent player. Nothing is wrong with ex-tackles hurtbox. Everything else is fine for a nerf. Don't remove necessary utility from the character.
See this being said a lot, yet we still see it used in top level play, and it works more than it should even against player who came prepared for it(see how much Nemo used it in Topanga).

The 50/50 shit wouldn't be a problem from the top tiers if their comeback potential wasn't so great. You can block most of Rog's shit on reaction and blow up his overhead. That's not the issue. He spends less meter to do more damage than pretty much everyone in the cast. He's supposed to do big boy damage, sure, but not like that. Laura's knee is dumb, and again, scaling, but since some of her abuseable shit is minus IIRC people just need to blow her up. Urien has great buttons AND a good comeback trigger, but the latter needs to force him to do more work because it's a blow up for him once he gets started. To me, it's purely a damage problem with a very small set of good tools that don't need to be in.

You wanna nerf the silly shit, not take all the fun away.

Like, fighting a Urien to me isn't too bad until he pops the trigger and then you gotta roll your eyes because your best option, v-reversal, ain't too good right now. Same with Rog. Oh, and same with Laura too. Stopping that train and being able to counterattack again means quite a bit.

I'm OK with wake up DP returning but they should nerf it's damage.

Damage wasn't really the issue. It was not having to spend meter to get out of shit for free.

I don't see it as that big of a deal either way. As it is, SFV got rid of fadc to make DPs safe and the crush counter made DPs riskier as well.

Eh, it definitely let other characters keep their momentum and makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

You all need to play fang and do a AA cr.hp xx light dash.

I swear at times, even you won't be able to tell which side you're gonna end up on.

Village

This mod is making me upset

N0YLGIk.jpg
CHWi0U0.jpg
nRTOo6v.jpg

Like this mod, makes kolin's already good looking face look better. The color makes her face pop out more, if capcom wasn't obsessed with blonds, or gave her varying hair colors in alts, we might actually have more unique looking characters

Whoever the visual designer for sfv who has a very odd obsession with blonds needs to be reigned in or something.

Like this mod, makes kolin's already good looking face look better. The color makes her face pop out more, if capcom wasn't obsessed with blonds, or gave her varying hair colors in alts, we might actually have more unique looking characters

Whoever the visual designer for sfv who has a very odd obsession with blonds needs to be reigned in or something.

That does look really great.
Would you mind posting the URL to that mod?

Neoxon

If I recall, Kolin was originally blonde in SFIII.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, red hair seems to work better than blonde in this engine. And we might never get a character with that hair colour.

Village

Ucchedavāda;231564418 said:
You should be able to unpack it with the SFV mod manager or u4pak, remove the story-mode costume, and then re-pak it.

I didn't know, and have no idea how to do that.

But thanks, didn't know you could do that

How might you do that?

If I recall, Kolin was originally blonde in SFIII.

She is, but they could have been like she died her hair like ken, or it could just be an alt color

Neoxon

She is, but they could have been like she dyed her hair like ken, or it could just be an alt color
I'm thinking more of the idea that they wanted to be consistent with Kolin as far as the timeline goes. And before you mention Vega, his hair color changing between blonde & brunette in every other game he's in is basically a running gag at this point.

Mr. X

I want none of those nerfs and hope they're easy more cautious but that's my "no faith" expectations. I want to keep the +2 oB crMK for the frame traps.

I didn't know, and have no idea how to do that.

But thanks, didn't know you could do that

How might you do that?

The manager has a button to unpack mods, and I think also to repack (can't check right now).

The u4pak script (link) requires that you have python installed, but then it is simple enough to run. First unpack the files
Code:
python u4pak.py unpack KolinRedheadModNoC4v1.2.pak
Then do whatever you want to the files in the resulting StreetFighterV folder and repack:
Code:
python u4pak.py pack ModdedMod.pak StreetFighterV
This creates a new pak file (ModdedMod.pak), which you can use.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why is cr.mk +2 then? That's fairly unique in this game.

Village

I'm thinking more of the idea that they wanted to be consistent with Kolin as far as the timeline goes. And before you mention Vega, his hair color changing between blonde & brunette in every other game he's in is basically a running gag at this point.

But she could just dye her hair

Also she could just have alt colors.

Ucchedavāda;231565452 said:
The manager has a button to unpack mods, and I think also to repack (can't check right now).

The u4pak script (link) requires that you have python installed, but then it is simple enough to run. First unpack the files
Code:
python u4pak.py unpack KolinRedheadModNoC4v1.2.pak
Then do whatever you want to the files in the resulting StreetFighterV folder and repack:
Code:
python u4pak.py pack ModdedMod.pak StreetFighterV
This creates a new pak file (ModdedMod.pak), which you can use.

I'm in mod manager right now both pak and fluffy I don't see an unpack button? Am I just blind?

I'm in mod manager right now both pak and fluffy I don't see an unpack button? Am I just blind?

You might be using a different mod manager, as I just found out that there is more than one available. I was talking about this one, for which you need a recent version (at least 2.2.9):
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4usj5u/new_mod_manager_for_sfvsteampc/

It doesn't look like you can repak files, though. But I think that you can use unpacked mods, though I am not 100% sure about the procedure.

MrCarter

Kolin was blonde since 3rd Strike. Would have liked varying colours in alternate costumes though.

Village

Thanks for your help, seriously thanks. Didn't know I had an outdated pmm

Kolin was blonde since 3rd Strike. Would have liked varying colours in alternate costumes though.

I know that, by dying hair tech existed long before that. And they could have just said " she let loose and died her hair and became a huge dick" and it would have made sense

" I dyed my hair to appear like lord gill " or something

Moaradin

Urien nerfs I see coming
-Meter gain nerfs
-Stun nerfs
-Damage nerfs
-Back to S1 health (unnecessary buff imo, more health left after getting VT lol)
-crMK 1 or 0 on block, 3 on hit
-Wakeup VT removed
-Hurtbox bigger on EX Tackle, maybe as fast as LK tackle.

I just want to keep the options, reach and fun factor.
I wish they could buff the bottom so they're as fun,expressive and formidable as Urien :[

That's a bit too much tbh. Urien is really good, but I got a feeling that he's a S1 Nash situation where people overestimate how good he is early on and I really hope Capcom doesn't over nerf him. People are already starting to figure him out and it seems like most of the complaints moved on to characters like Balrog lmao.

The reasonable nerfs I'd like to see are health and cr.mk back to S1 levels, because those buffs were pretty unnecessary. Change EX Tackle to be -1 or -2 on block, and keep the anti air buffs. With this he'll be slightly better than his S1 version and will be at a pretty good place imo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They gave him Vega's crMK. They wanted him to frame trap off it. They're similar regarding fast walk, throw game and how they try to open up the opponent.
Yeah except for Urien getting 300 damage without meter by mashing st.hp at the same range Vega is fishing for 60 damage.

Sayad

Why is cr.mk +2 then? That's fairly unique in this game.
Uncancelable cr.MKs gets a pass if you're not a grappler/heavy weight, Kolin's is +1 and Vega's is +2, +1 would do nothing for Urien since he doesn't have a 3 framer, so it's +2 like FANGs.

MCD250

I played story mode for a bit earlier and realized that a) Kolin still has her old face in that and b) her new face is considerably better than the old one.

Mr. X

Yeah except for Urien getting 300 damage without meter by mashing st.hp at the same range Vega is fishing for 60 damage.
Urien crMK block to stHP is minimum 10f gap.

Vega's claw sHP is 8f, special cancelable and claw swipe is safe chip and frame traps off it. He doesn't need to hold it for 22f to link a normal when it hits. He has options off on hit or block or CC.

Vega's claw sHP is 8f, special cancelable and claw swipe is safe chip and frame traps off it. He doesn't need to hold it for 22f to link a normal when it hits. He has options off on hit or block or CC.

lmao

Skilletor

Spoken like somebody who hasn't watched Floe's guide to Urien.

Mr. X

The context was Urien and Vega in terms of tools and gameplan, not Vega is as good or better than Urien. The move discussed was crMK is +2.

Spoken like somebody who hasn't watched Floe's guide to Urien.
I did but I play offline, definite luxury. Different meta.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Hopefully yes. Because if you actually learn about those characters, they aren't as safe or good as you seem to think.

Without his really good V-Trigger Balrog would be meh, and Laura still has to work to get in with her mostly bad normals and slow af walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom