• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Urien crMK block to stHP is minimum 10f gap.

Vega's claw sHP is 8f, special cancelable and claw swipe is safe chip and frame traps off it. He doesn't need to hold it for 22f to link a normal when it hits. He has options off on hit or block or CC.
That's all well and good, yet Urien still destroys Vega in the neutral.

Village

Fun ultra bug, sometimes when hugo did his super before they fixed it it wouldn't grab the person and do the full animation and do no damage.

Oh great, I wasted my whole ultra, that's cool

mbpm1

Fun ultra bug, sometimes when hugo did his super before they fixed it it wouldn't grab the person and do the full animation and do no damage.

Oh great, I wasted my whole ultra, that's cool

Sometimes Guy's Ultra would miss the final hit.

He would do the whole "flippy, flippy, spinny, body slam thing" only the opponent literally was not there and just standing on the ground. I'm not sure if you could do anything to hit him.

Man, that was a great game.

Village

That was still in the game, untill I stopped playing. During the end of sfv's life. I decided to just play bunches of characters I don't normally play, guy was one of them, I was playing ultra and shit and that still sometimes happened

Mr. X

That's all well and good, yet Urien still destroys Vega in the neutral.
If we're going to talk the whole package now, it's advantage to Urien but not a freebie.

VT punishes ASE, Barcelona gets beat and no claw sucks in S2. Urien stHP is easily whiffed punished by a learned Vega. Vega dies in the corner.

Vega has faster normals overall with reach on many, fast walk, fast dash and fastest back walk so he isn't totally fucked midscreen and Urien dies in the corner.

Get ready to tech shit ton of normal throws from both sides.

That was still in the game, untill I stopped playing. During the end of sfv's life. I decided to just play bunches of characters I don't normally play, guy was one of them, I was playing ultra and shit and that still sometimes happened

He would do the whole "flippy, flippy, spinny, body slam thing" only the opponent literally was not there and just standing on the ground. I'm not sure if you could do anything to hit him.

Fang's super can STILL knock people AWAY from the corner on the first hit.

What a character.

On PC that particular bug was typically caused by playing with variable frame-rate ('smooth'). There was a bunch of issues like that, related to that setting, including Rose's command air-grab doing no damage at random. And this obviously caused problems when playing online, resulting in desyncs between players and people complaining about "rage-quits" in the forum.

Village

What a character.

81290FA3A528B42922E908FF858BB7F7776F11B0

Village

I hope if ever the alex nostalgia costume releases, it comes with his crazy set of street fighter 3 colors like the red hair one

Pompadour

I hope if ever the alex nostalgia costume releases, it comes with his crazy set of street fighter 3 colors like the red hair one

Are the Akuma Nostalgia colors just copies of his colors in other games? If so, it's a safe bet.

I really like how Akuma's nostalgia costume gives him a different face, by the way. They're really driving home that he's basically Zodd (which started in 4) with his default costume, giving him a very similar beast-like face.

MCD250

Are the Akuma Nostalgia colors just copies of his colors in other games? If so, it's a safe bet.

I really like how Akuma's nostalgia costume gives him a different face, by the way. They're really driving home that he's basically Zodd (which started in 4) with his default costume, giving him a very similar beast-like face.
I like that too. Really makes it clear that he's becoming more and more monstrous and inhuman as time goes by. I expect the endgame for Akuma is to eventually replace him with Oni completely in a future game.

I like that too. Really makes it clear that he's becoming more and more monstrous and inhuman as time goes by. I expect the endgame for Akuma is to eventually replace him with Oni completely in a future game.

That doesn't make sense unless SFIII is non-canon, since he looks like his nostalgia outfit, and it takes place after SFIV and SFIV

I could see them retconning tho.

Actually I doubt he'll go full Oni. Oni is like if he lost his ambition and just became a mindless fighting monster. Oni himself is weaker than Akuma, but I forgot the reason why. Like, he's less focused or something. I don't remember.

Anyway, since this is headed towards 3, I think the point of his story was for him to find a balance between becoming the beast and staying "semi-human" at the same time - retaining the power but without losing himself.

The next story mode, if they have one, is gonna be some Illuminati fuckery and Bison maaaybbee coming back in Ed's body for a little bit.

Oni isn't weaker.

Oni repeatedly refers to himself as a kishin, which is another reading for
onigami/fierce god. His body resembles Gouki's (at least from the waist up)
due to the lingering portions that Gouki's will remains intact, while
otherwise the rest of him is molded through the onigami's reckless whims. Oni
barely cares to clash fists and fight as Gouki did (he rips off the beads Gouki
normally wears around his neck and has them hover around him boastfully as
trivial trinkets), and exists for no other purpose except to consume and devour
anything and anyone, and yet never reaching a satisfactory level with any
amount of either one, constantly hungry and craving for more of them.

Although Gouki is almost thoroughly swallowed into the onigami with Oni's
existence, his will nevertheless successfully impedes both wills from
granting Oni's maximum potential strength-wise as a deity. The clashing of
mindsets resulting in the being's schizophrenia as well as a mis-allocation
of power and might, Oni delivers with quite a measure of instability despite
his imposing first impression.

In his AE ending he expends a ridiculous
amount of energy and effort to make an already due-to-erupt volcano spew its
lava while only managing to make it create only moderate cracks and fissures
around its gushing cone. Again compare and contrast to Gouki back in SFZ2
with Ryu's ending: with a bare fraction of Oni's momentum Gouki's fist makes
the volcano of Gokuentou not only erupt but completely wipe out the entire
island, volcano and all, gone in fleeting moments. Even Gouki is appalled
that Oni, whom he even labels as an ashura or a fighting demon, would destroy
Gouki's long-time forged fist so utterly in Gouki's win quote to Oni.

Basically, Oni is the SnH taken over, but without all the refinement from Akuma, That, along with Akuma nagging him in the back of his mind, makes him powerful but unable to use what Akuma's got effectively. And what good is all that power if you don't know how to use it? If Akuma had merged with Oni or some shit like that, he'd be better off, but as it stands True Akuma is a better route to power over Oni's possession.

Village

That doesn't make sense unless SFIII is non-canon, since he looks like his nostalgia outfit, and it takes place after SFIV and SFIV

They already completely disregarded the ages of sf3 characters, and brought back people from the dead in 4. So its a good chance outside of key things age and apperence have been disregarded.

Urien is another example, who's normal form is retconned into being much more tan

Village

Yeah oni looks way cooler

Espically this outfit

Semi related.,bring this alt back for geif

I wonder if SF3 Urien is V-Skill SFV Urien

it would make sense.

Though i wish like in SF3 they played around with the color of his skin a bit more, urien has metal skin shit going. So wish more colors toyed with his skin strait being another color instead of kind of also skin colored and that color, there are a couple exceptions.

Its cool that urien gets sword sound effects when he does his moves

Pompadour

Though i wish like in SF3 they played around with the color of his skin a bit more, urien has metal skin shit going. So wish more colors toyed with his skin strait being another color instead of kind of also skin colored and that color, there are a couple exceptions.

His alt colors do have some pretty nonhuman skin tones like red and blue, there's just nothing super bright like SF3 Urien's ruby red color.

Blueblur1

I was surfing SRK and I started reading their CFN profile posts. I noticed how the CFN portal recently highlighted Final Fight 2 characters; specifically Retsu.

I wonder if he's the last DLC character (and not Garuda)? If one of the other characters is Abigail that would mean two FF characters in one season. Is that even realistic?

Retsu-Final-Fight-2-Street-Fighter-V.jpg

MCD250

Actually I doubt he'll go full Oni. Oni is like if he lost his ambition and just became a mindless fighting monster. Oni himself is weaker than Akuma, but I forgot the reason why. Like, he's less focused or something. I don't remember.

Anyway, since this is headed towards 3, I think the point of his story was for him to find a balance between becoming the beast and staying "semi-human" at the same time - retaining the power but without losing himself.

The next story mode, if they have one, is gonna be some Illuminati fuckery and Bison maaaybbee coming back in Ed's body for a little bit.
They can explain/retcon his SFIII appearance in any number of ways tbh, from saying that he temporarily shifted back to human or something to just straight up ignoring his look in that game. Either way though I do think we're headed for at least some slight retconning to SFIII's story, since people like Ibuki have now been retroactively made older than they were probably intended to be originally.

But with Akuma, the fact that they changed his appearance, plus the fact that they made him play more like Oni, and that he seems to be gradually becoming more violent/bloodthirsty (evidenced by his killing of Gen and the way other characters talk about him in their win quotes) does give me the impression that Capcom intend to turn him into Oni for sure at some point. Like for instance, if SFVI takes place after III, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just Oni in that game.

I'll take anyone but Azam for the DLC. That's the only character I really, really don't want in because I feel like he'd be boring no matter what. But that's just my bias.

They can explain/retcon his SFIII appearance in any number of ways tbh, from saying that he temporarily shifted back to human or something to just straight up ignoring his look in that game. Either way though I do think we're headed for at least some slight retconning to SFIII's story, since people like Ibuki have now been retroactively made older than they were probably intended to be originally.

But with Akuma, the fact that they changed his appearance, plus the fact that they made him play more like Oni, and that he seems to be gradually becoming more violent/bloodthirsty (evidenced by his killing of Gen and the way other characters talk about him in their win quotes) does give me the impression that Capcom intend to turn him into Oni for sure at some point. Like for instance, if SFVI takes place after III, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just Oni in that game.

More or less, Oni is exactly what Akuma doesn't want to be. Kinda like Evil Ryu and Ryu, you know? But I do think the concept of Oni, where he's kinda teetering the line of beast and man is what he wants. Gaining the power of beast and keeping the refined part of being a man or whatever. And if anything, he didn't kill Gen out of bloodlust but respect. Gen was already dying and wanted to go out with a bang - Akuma wouldn't even humor the dude before but now he gave Gen the death he always wanted.

Which is strangely nice of Akuma, but hey, character development in a fighting game lol.

Neoxon

I'll take anyone but Azam for the DLC. That's the only character I really, really don't want in because I feel like he'd be boring no matter what. But that's just my bias.

More or less, Oni is exactly what Akuma doesn't want to be. Kinda like Evil Ryu and Ryu, you know? But I do think the concept of Oni, where he's kinda teetering the line of beast and man is what he wants. Gaining the power of beast and keeping the refined part of being a man or whatever. And if anything, he didn't kill Gen out of bloodlust but respect. Gen was already dying and wanted to go out with a bang - Akuma wouldn't even humor the dude before but now he gave Gen the death he always wanted.

Which is strangely nice of Akuma, but hey, character development in a fighting game lol.
I mean, it was either Gen dying at Akuma's hand or being killed in his sleep by his disciple.

This, but in regards to Satsuki.

I just reaaaaaaally don't want another Bison Doll in this game, haha...

Sayad

Urien is another example, who's normal form is retconned into being much more tan
This got mentioned just few days ago in the FG thread:
He wasn't exactly white, the in game art showed him as brownish even in the suit.
maxresdefault.jpg

I assume his sprites were just bleached more at the start of the round to make the effect of his skin color changing more visible.

Pompadour

This got mentioned just few days ago in the FG thread:

Then again, that Urien clearly has white hair whereas default Urien starts the round blonde. I don't think that's an issue of bleaching for effect.

It's actually called "Metallic Aura". It probably should sound like that.

They really need to add that to V-Skill activation but I'm guessing they won't because 1) it's work 2) confuse people assuming that the noise means blocking is influenced by the VS.

I mean, it was either Gen dying at Akuma's hand or being killed in his sleep by his disciple.

Better to be off'd in a badass battle rather than off'd by some edgy shitlord who probably couldn't throw a fireball, much less do one in the air.

This, but in regards to Satsuki.

I just reaaaaaaally don't want another Bison Doll in this game, haha...

Man, that's second on my list. Never really cared much for the Dolls either way.

You wild, no decapre no life.

Decapre was ok because she was introduced at the very end of SF4's life (despite my misgivings about Capcom's cruel Mika teasing in her announcement trailer) but if we get another doll before SF5's even got 30 characters I'll be nettled.

Unless of course, they change up her visual design (pls no boring black bodysuit and tiny hat) and give her unique normals to differentiate her from Cammy.

Pompadour

Decapre was ok because she was introduced at the very end of SF4's life (despite my misgivings about Capcom's cruel Mika teasing in her announcement trailer) but if we get another doll before SF5's even got 30 characters I'll be nettled.

Unless of course, they change up her visual design (pls no boring black bodysuit and tiny hat) and give her unique normals to differentiate her from Cammy.

They should stick some of these characters I don't have much interest into MvCI. Like I don't want Gill in V but I think look and moveset would fit very well in a Vs. game. And if they want to represent the Alpha series instead of boring ass Sakura stick all 12 Dolls into one character. That character would be the only one with assists.

It was around this time that we usually get updates on what's coming this week.

So what I'm saying is, don't get hyped. At most it's probably just getting ready for the patch in the next week or so.

So I havent really been keeping up with SFV lately. When are the Urien nerfs coming and any idea on how hard they will hit? If they make him completely unusable i'll drop this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom