• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guile changes I'd put in season 2.5:

- Revert Sonic Boom damage to 50 from 60.
- Upside Down Kick reduced to +4 on hit from +6.
- Upside Down Kick hitbox horizontal range reduced slightly and hurtbox on leg extended forward (to still blow up lows but lose more cleanly to standing pokes).
- Upside Down Kick damage reduced to 80 from 90.
- Removal of back throw loops. Opponent lands slightly further away, decreased frame advantage.
- Knee Bazooka nerfed to -4 on block from -3.
+ s.HP buffed to -2 on block from -4.
+ c.MP buffed to +4 on hit from +3.
+ Extend first HK Flash Kick hitbox forward slightly for full damage on s.HP->c.MP->HK Flash Kick and more consistent cancels into super.
+ s.HK damage buffed to 90 from 80.

Village

Which level?

I don't think I'll ever beat Hard Survival. The AI goes from stupid to Pro in like 5 seconds.

Hard

I wanted to get close to the level that grants you kolins 14th color, i am close I am now a level 24 kolin. The color unlocks at 25

I know oneday I'm going to do Urien extreme, because I'm not going to feel like getting to 50 the hard way and its going to piss me off so much when I complete it, i'm going to stop playing the game.

Shadoken

I played against Combofiend recently at a Tech/FG event and beat him with Nash. I think I might have sabotaged Nash's buffs for S2.5 kappa.

Sorry fellow Nash players.

MCD250

By the time 2020 rolls around and support for the game officially ends the top tiers will be Ibuki, Vega and three new characters (and Guile) and Necalli will still be doing Necalli shit.

MrCarter

I played against Combofiend recently at a Tech/FG event and beat him with Nash. I think I might have sabotaged Nash's buffs for S2.5 kappa.

Sorry fellow Nash players.

Did you discuss SFV as a whole? Did he gives you any hints as to might might come in the future?

Producer

I can see Rashid being the next "PLS NERF NOW" character after the patch if he gets buffed again.

Maybe Gief too but at least he has some bad MU's.

I think Guile is too fundamentally solid to really be too affected by whatever nerfs may come his way. His gameplan will still be the same unless they change/nerf his V-Skill. Maybe give it cooldown or something lol

Urien is in a spot right now where I don't necessarily want him fundamentally changed because he's really fun to play (not to play against tho) but he is a bit OD. Ex Shoulder tackle has to either be negative on block so there's actual risk in using it randomly in neutral or a bit slower so you don't get bopped for walking forward lol. I'm fine with how the Aegis Reflector is currently. They nerfed every ex divekick in the game but Urien's ex knee is pretty much a brick flying at your face from above, I'd rather see more characters have options for it than to just nerf it though. Most of the time you're forced to block or forever hold the knees. Also I'd make his st.HP CC do a knockback type crush counter like Balrog's st.HP and make his charged st.HP do a regular crumple situation. Right now counter poking vs Urien is kinda hanging yourself. Urien is one of the most fun & versatile characters to play in the game though, so to make him not fun anymore would be really disappointing.

Balrog's OD as well but I don't necessarily want to see him get nerfed either. Maybe either make his ex straight/low -2 or -3 so it's definitely not his turn afterwards or make it a bit slower so you don't get bopped for walking forward. Same issue has ex shoulder from Urien though, the input lag in the game makes moves like this in the game a lot stronger than they should be since walking & blocking isn't always the most viable approach vs those specials. If I were to nerf Rog in one way though, I'd revert his cr.MK to hitting mid and not low. Keep the 2nd hit of the target combo hitting low though. I'd also make his cr.LK a mid as well so the V-Trigger mixup doesn't result in an instant loss lol. So this way you can walk backwards against Balrog safely instead of kinda being forced to crouch block and for him to do his cr.MK TC because you already know it's coming because trying to play footsies in that situation usually isn't in your favour.

It's hard not to be biased and downplay Laura because after having to struggle for a year, finally getting to eat, then after 2 months people (who ate all of last year) want to take your plate away because they're not enjoying the taste of their own medicine but I digress.

Laura doesn't need the +1 elbow. Nobody asked for it in the first place lol. If it were to stay, maybe just off of ex command throw only instead of getting it off of many different situations. She really doesn't need it.
Revert her st.MK to 6f again, but keep it +3 on hit. An issue she had in S1 was getting opportunities in neutral since she didn't have many links outside of counter hit. So it'd still go into cr.MP on CH, st.LP on regular hit, but won't combo into st.MK on counter hit and it won't be as good/fast in neutral.

That's another issue that comes up. Attacks into VT on block shouldn't put you in a mixup situation imo. Making them maybe -2 on block, but keeping it really + on hit is how it should be. Laura does st.MK on block - VT cancel then it's a 50/50 of grab or attack. Lot's of characters do put you into situations like these off of VT cancel on block, but it shouldn't still be their turn after. You hit confirmed wrong, you shouldn't still be able to take advantage of it lol.

If they were to fix in the input lag and get it down to like 4f, all the top tier characters are inadvertently nerfed. Lots of characters are nerfed that way in general, but the game would be so much better to play.

Also Necalli is still getting away with robbery in broad daylight but everyone's pointing fingers elsewhere smfh

ok but what buffs do you have in mind for chun

I really hope they patch in a new live-feed announcement box on the main screen in-game so they can broadcast announcement dates of future announcements. It should just say "Announcements coming soon!". I hope we hear an announcement soon about the announcement date of this announcement feature.

What is it with matchmaking today? I've been matched up with the same taunting, teabagging, rage-quitting troll for the past 4 games and it's getting on my nerves.

What is it with matchmaking today? I've been matched up with the same taunting, teabagging, rage-quitting troll for the past 4 games and it's getting on my nerves.

That has been happening occasionally for a long time.
Sucks that you got a troll, though. It's at least tolerable when you are playing somebody serious.

You could try loosening your connection filter (e.g. 4-5 instead of 5), so as to increase your chances of getting somebody else, or even try re-connecting to the server. But that's just random stuff that might conceivably help, as I haven't heard any solid solutions to that problem.

Bigg_Oggy

Sucks that there is no way to block players. Would limit exposure to rage quitters and boosters, making matchmaking less stressful.

Urien is arguably not even top 5. He ain't no S1 Chun tier.
I think he's up there but I definitely agree Chun was way worse and I don't think he's nearly as bad as the belief currently is. I think he's more like the Nash of S2. I just keep hearing about EX tackle like it's a big deal? Hell I'll take those tackles all day. Block it and 3 frame him after no problem, his EX headbutt is perhaps the worst EX reversal in the game as well.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Kolin's EX High Counter looks and sounds really good, love the line she says: "On your knees!".

I'm enjoying playing with her so far, can't wait to see how she is in tournaments.

Kolin's EX High Counter looks and sounds really good, love the line she says: "On your knees!".

fX6I28e.png

It's the greatest of all time.

Guile changes I'd put in season 2.5:

- Revert Sonic Boom damage to 50 from 60.
- Upside Down Kick reduced to +4 on hit from +6.
- Upside Down Kick hitbox horizontal range reduced slightly and hurtbox on leg extended forward (to still blow up lows but lose more cleanly to standing pokes).
- Upside Down Kick damage reduced to 80 from 90.
- Removal of back throw loops. Opponent lands slightly further away, decreased frame advantage.
- Knee Bazooka nerfed to -4 on block from -3.
+ s.HP buffed to -2 on block from -4.
+ c.MP buffed to +4 on hit from +3.
+ Extend first HK Flash Kick hitbox forward slightly for full damage on s.HP->c.MP->HK Flash Kick and more consistent cancels into super.
+ s.HK damage buffed to 90 from 80.

I agree with most of these although i'm ok with udk being +6 personally lol. +4 wouldn't be too bad, though. Having to deal with +3 and only confirming into jab special cancel on counterhit was pretty annoying in season 1 so +4 would strike a good balance between the two, can still confirm into cr.MP on counterhit while getting jab normally.

Yeah, teabagging a Gief after he teabagged me and making him rage quit was where I end my online run for the day. Not even mad full well knowing that dude had to run over to his router or shut off his PS4.

Delicious.

mbpm1

Yeah, teabagging a Gief after he teabagged me and making him rage quit was where I end my online run for the day. Not even mad full well knowing that dude had to run over to his router or shut off his PS4.

Delicious.

The true masters sit on their router. If they need to make an adjustment they just clench dat ass

Shadoken

Eventhubs poll. LMAO @ Fang

Which Street Fighter 5 characters do you want to see nerfed in Season 2's next balance patch?

1. Urien: 536 votes / 24.0%
2. Laura: 408 votes / 18.3%
3. Balrog: 401 votes / 18.0%
4. Guile: 295 votes / 13.2%
5. Cammy: 108 votes / 4.8%
6. F.A.N.G: 57 votes / 2.6%

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, FANG being there is pretty silly. But then I go against a good FANG and I understand. But, if that was the mentality, it'd be Rashid because Rashid sometimes feels like he comes from a game with "Bursts" than SFV.

MCD250

Guile is just solid as hell tbh. He doesn't feel busted the way guys like Urien do, just like a really good character. I'm cool with him staying as he is though he was pretty damn solid in S1 too. Like Urien, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him to go back to that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom