• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange, I was excited for marvel 3 on steam, but I'm not gonna get it for a while, I can't go back to input delay netcode so I won't play it online, and for offline play I still have it on x360...so there's no point really other than for collection purposes.

Also, no crossplay sucks.

MrCarter

Yeah I bought UMvC3 on PS4 and the netcode is ass. Really hoped they would give that to Iron Galaxy to port with new netcode, but nope.

Producer

as bad as umvc3 netcode is, the past week i was having better connections than sfv. Man sfv was running like SHIT when kolin dropped. At least its getting better now

fwWwfYr.jpg

Got Super Plat Bros. Feels gooooood.

Almost certainly.

Without a doubt

Thanks. I've gone as far as I can on my own without too much outside influence. I have a lot of bad habits that I need to break and I need guidance and a more solid style to mix into my own.

Just watching one of his videos put so many things into perspective. Things I didn't think made sense to do, he does and they work, on much higher skilled people than who I'm facing as well.

nded

Does Kolin have a third eyelid like a lizard? What is going on with her eye in the character select screen?

joe2187

Banned
Havent played this game in like two months.

Having some trouble against kolin, how does her counters and specials work because Im a bit confused.

kirblar

Havent played this game in like two months.

Having some trouble against kolin, how does her counters and specials work because Im a bit confused.
Counter has to guess low, high, or airborne. Her Decapre back-special is hit/projectile invulnerable, depending on what version she uses.

But none of her stuff is throw invincible. Abuse that.

MCD250

Dartastic

Yooo, I didn't know that Kolin's V-Skill can beat even invincible reversals.

Guess it makes sense considering it can beat supers and all, but I honestly though I was going to lose that trade until it worked.

...whoa. I probably would have expected the reversal's multiple hits to nullify the parry or something.

Is...is Kolin basically forcing a hurtbox on you with that V-Skill?

EDIT: WOW even her qcb counter beats invincible reversals. The fuq is this.
THIS IS THE GOOD SHIT.

FluxWaveZ

...whoa. I probably would have expected the reversal's multiple hits to nullify the parry or something.

Is...is Kolin basically forcing a hurtbox on you with that V-Skill?

Inside Slash counter window is 8 to 16. Once the counter is initiated, it has 8 frames of startup and 9 active frames. Meaning the earliest frame that the counter will hit, at the earliest frame the counter has started, is frame 17.

Urien's Dangerous Headbut EX is invincible for frames 1 to 16. With a 12 frame startup and 5 active frames, the earliest Urien hits with it is frame 13.

If Kolin's Inside Slash at frame 8 hits Urien's EX headbutt at frame 13, that means Inside Slash will hit at frame 22 of Dangerous Headbutt EX. That's 6 frames past his invincibility, and right in his recovery frames. It'll hit later if it's later in Inside Slash's counter window, too.

Naturally, this is with the assumption that Kolin is strike invincible during the 17f window between her Inside Slash counter's startup and active frames.

SaikyoBro

Anybody want to play online? I'm grinding hard for Final Round and really wanna play someone who can give some decent feedback. Any Necalli players especially, I know that's who my first round opponent plays.

MCD250

This is fascinating to me, brehs.

I tried it with Cammy just now, as her EX DP has much fewer startup frames (3), many active frames (11) and many iframes (10 from the first). Kolin's V-Skill will parry the first hit on the DP and then she and Cammy will harmlessly pass through each other as Cammy keeps moving through her DP animation as normal and Kolin does her counter animation. BUT the qcb counter will parry the first hit of the DP and then grab Cammy right out of the air after.

Interesting.

Personally don't like the way Kolin looks. I think it looks better than the story mode version, but none of them look like the 3S art.

VzG0ZPK.png

Femto.

Well, I guess I ran into a new bug?

I have the fight request setting to search and ask me when to accept a new match. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes after my last match browsing the internet on my other mother, glance back at my main monitor, and the fight request is off.

Wtf.

That's totally fine, SFV has a different art style. I'm fond of her, butyou can't please everyone. So its fine

I thought they did a good job with Urien. I was afraid he was going to make the jump to being even bulkier similar to how SF2 Sagat is compared to Alpha & SF4 Sagat.

MCD250

I think Kolin looks dope as hell. Her weird hair from her nostalgia costume maybe doesn't stand out as much as it did in SFIII (could be because asymmetrical designs are par and parcel for 3D models whereas they seem unique and special in sprites) but yeah.

Well, I guess I ran into a new bug?

I have the fight request setting to search and ask me when to accept a new match. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes after my last match browsing the internet on my other mother, glance back at my main monitor, and the fight request is off.

Wtf.

Did you get disconnected from your last match? That kicks you out of matchmaking for whatever reason.

Femto.

A lot of people complain

But I wouldn't mind Yun, Yang and Gen and Fei long back
I need me my rush down skate boarder. People complain already, nothing would change haha

Ucchedavāda;231620917 said:
Did you get disconnected from your last match? That kicks you out of matchmaking for whatever reason.
Ohhhhh, that did happen. Capcpom pls

MrCarter

I thought they did a good job with Urien. I was afraid he was going to make the jump to being even bulkier similar to how SF2 Sagat is compared to Alpha & SF4 Sagat.

I would say he looks even better in SFV than he did in SF3! They really brought him alive using Unreal Engine 4 and I would say he's one of the best animated characters SFV has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom