• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Nah, rush punches are effectively safe in practice.

Safe? Yes. But they are always negative. Meaning it is your turn. Throw in a well timed neutral jump and the rog player would be scared.
Similarly those Safe on block normals can be made to whiff and whiff punished.

Balrogs Neutral game isnt the problem , his ridiculous damage is. And his ridiculous damage of a Random Un-reactable move is whats making him a dumb character right now. Especially since it carries you to the corner , then he does a mixup and kills you.

People don't like getting hit once by a move across the screen or by a pretty safe cc cormal and losing half their life bar which leads into more pressure while the opponent still has vtrigger left for potentially big damage again.

Guile might a better character or as good as urien, balrog and laura but he gives you a lot more chances to figure the person who uses him out and his pressure doesn't make you feel that the match is just a big guessing game although the upside down kick is a little ridiculous to me.

Yea I think this is whats keeping Guile low key right now among the casual player base.
He isnt part of the Get hit once->VT->Mixup->Death crew that URien,Laura,Rog are a part of. But he is just as strong.

Neither has a hard time at finding a hit though. Thats what makes good characters good in this game imo. One touch to 25-50% or great oki pressure. They're both a bit too skewed in that respect. I wouldn't nerf their tools but I'd definitely reduce their damage.

That along with making v-rev better would probably be the thing that makes everyone happy. I mean, people wouldn't like getting unga and bunga'd, but if they aren't doing as much damage off of silly shit, then people don't really have much to complain aboutbesides some minor things. Couple that with v-revs being improved, if they get improved (I'm almost positive they will be), let's people keep that explosive pressure but also have ways to deal with it.

Just better scaling for some of the top tiers would do wonders for the game. You can still play Rog like an idiot, but you'd be leaving damage off the table and not getting a free win once you pop trigger, and the other dude could bop you for flailing around. That would be a good way of letting them keep the fun without making it too unfair.

Ucchedavāda;231656006 said:
I haven't given up ranked yet, not until they add region filtering to lobbies. Last time I tried, I got a handful of Japanese players joining my lobby, and nobody closer than that.

I still need to get that 300 ranked wins trophy before I give up

this should take me 3 years at the current pace, lol

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;231655556 said:
Yikes, that's some bad luck right there.

Damn straight. I was glad to be back at 22k again, and now I'm at 21.2k. The slow climb continues...

Check your line for packet loss, it might be unstable

It seems fine, but I've been getting unusual 40002's before a match even starts and it's been taking longer to get matched up, so maybe not.

I hope I haven't been put in some dumb RQ jail because of those 2 events.

Just give up on ranked like the rest of us.

It's where the competition is the fiercest, though. Battle Lounges suck, while people experiment and are generally less good in Casuals. I need my points to get higher so I'm matched with tough opponents more consistently, and so that there's a chance they actually bother fighting me if I invite them to a Lounge.

Mr. X

That great , so when he says Urien is top 5. I'd be inclined to believe him.
Urien is top 5 or top 4. Nemo is a top 5 player. Got Vega into Top 8 last year at Evo. He held his own in UMvC3 vs top US players with his Dr. Strange team. You might remember him as KO and his Yang in 3S. He's beaten the Topanga players in other games for years.

joe2187

Banned
Just had a mirror match online against a person who is tremendously higher ranked than me.

beat him soundly in the first round, then perfected him the second round.

When I played the second set, I started to teabag when he started running away. and whenever I got a hard knockdown and he started to lose his compusure and got sloppy.

So I kept doing it and won the second set.

Am I bad person?

Just had a mirror match online against a person who is tremendously higher ranked than me.

When I played the second set, I started to teabag when he started running away. and whenever I got a hard knockdown and he started to lose his compusure and got sloppy.

Am I bad person?

yes now ur gonna go to hell for eternity

Matt (The StreetWriter) just said on WSO there would be an announcement tomorrow(?).
Possibly about esports.

I couldn't properly hear and was a dumbass and missed the chance to clip it. Hopefully someone else did.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"We have added Final Round to the Capcom Pro Tour stage background. Thank you for you continued support."

MCD250

Am I bad person?
Yes.

Feel bad.

Shadoken

Urien is top 5 or top 4. Nemo is a top 5 player. Got Vega into Top 8 last year at Evo. He held his own in UMvC3 vs top US players with his Dr. Strange team. You might remember him as KO and his Yang in 3S. He's beaten the Topanga players in other games for years.

Lol dude , I know who he is very well. That post was kinda sarcastic , but I should have made my point clear. When someone like Nemo says Urien was Top 5 and then proceeds to win Topanga. There is hardly any doubt about Urien not being top 5. It was in reference to the previous posts discussing whether Urien is top 5 or not.

Edit - Also am not so sure about Nemo being Top 5 Japanese players in SFV. Yes he did get to Top 8 at EVO. But there were other Japanese players who accomplished a lot more in Season 1. Lets see how well he does in Season 2.

hey you helped contribute to Du getting 2 cars

Wait is that a joke or is Du srsly just going around buying fancy cars and stuff? Personally I'd play it safe. eSports as a career is pretty damn risky. And Street Fighter even more.

Village

Am I bad person?

Yes

for T bagging

That's some wimp shit, you don't have to commit to animation

What cool guys do is do taunt, if you can get away with that shit, I will take away your bad person status. You gotta commit to that animation

Skilletor

Everyone acknowledges that Guile is one of the best characters in the game but nobody is asking for him to get gutted. It's weird.

Because Guile plays the way he should, his game plan is perfect and you have to be super good to execute it. There's nothing unfair or over powered.

Dude has two special moves and they're perfect.

Village

Wait is that a joke or is Du srsly just going around buying fancy cars and stuff? Personally I'd play it safe. eSports as a career is pretty damn risky. And Street Fighter even more.

I feel you

You wanna be buying cars you gonna need to start playing an FPS or a MOBA

joe2187

Banned
Yes

for T bagging

That's some wimp shit, you don't have to commit to animation

What cool guys do is do taunt, if you can get away with that shit, I will take away your bad person status. You gotta commit to that animation

Does Mikas V skill getting to Lvl 2 count? because I can do that pretty much every round...and will.

hell I start the match popping off a promo nearly 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom