• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude has two special moves and they're perfect.

Two special moves and one special movement:
DemandingMadDairycow.gif

FluxWaveZ

Does Mikas V skill getting to Lvl 2 count? because I can do that pretty much every round...and will.

hell I start the match popping off a promo nearly 90% of the time.

Your opponents must really be something, to just stare at Mika doing that. Just pressing it is a huge risk against the opponents I encounter.

Hmmm...
That is acceptable.

I can't wait to see a tourney where someone gets the full meka promo and wins

In other words, you can't wait to see a tournament where the Mika's opponent stares her in the face for literally 18.25 seconds so that she can get a permanent buff that will kill them in a single throw.

Village

Yo, this low end stage mod makes some stages look great on better PC's

A6PG4zr.jpg

Went from down town to the harbor

In other words, you can't wait to see a tournament where the Mika's opponent stares her in the face for literally 18.5 seconds so that she can get a permanent buff that will kill them in a single throw.

Yeah

Fight me.

Shadoken

^^ Yo that looks pretty good. We need some more clean stages like that.

I feel you

You wanna be buying cars you gonna need to start playing an FPS or a MOBA

Team games are even worse , harder to be consistent when you are dependent on other people.

Also who knows how long this eSports bubble might even last. Companies seem to love investing in it right now , but what happens when the returns stop going up.

Village

^^ Yo that looks pretty good. We need some more clean stages like that.

Team games are even worse , harder to be consistent when you are dependent on other people.

Also who knows how long this eSports bubble might even last. Companies seem to love investing in it right now , but what happens when the returns stop going up.

Eh, not to be idealist. But I don't think its a bubble or if it is, its the bubble that NBA, NFL and FIFA exist in. Its becoming a sport, and what it needs to retain that are people interested in it, and there are generations of kids, people like us growing up with games and watching them.

So the bubble bursting isn't something I don't think you have to worry about as esports as a whole, your game's bubble bursting is another story.

MCD250

Because Guile plays the way he should, his game plan is perfect and you have to be super good to execute it. There's nothing unfair or over powered.

Dude has two special moves and they're perfect.
His V-Skill...also perfect.

And his V-Trigger.

They really killed it with the way they designed him in this game.

joe2187

Banned
Your opponents must really be something, to just stare at Mika doing that. Just pressing it is a huge risk against the opponents I encounter.

I see alot of players tactics against Mika are Combo-Backdash-Backdash-Backdash-Backdash spam projectiles attempt a crossup if i get through Backdash-backdash-backdash spam projectiles.

Mostly guiles, kens, and Ryus.

I can get the promo off and nullify a fireball no issues. I've even done it for wakeup DPs I know are coming out.

I love her V skill, but I also play very very very unsafe.

I've only ever seen Fuudo get off a v-skill level 1 in the middle of a match but not level 2. At least he doesn't need stun to pull it off.

I mean, it's real cute to say just buff everyone else, but that doesn't stop the problems that all three of those characters have. You'd have to change some shit on a dramatic scale to buff all the other characters and leave them be, from a system perspective and between the characters. Even then, you'd still have to nerf something eventually.

I think, overall, what Capcom did was apply a bunch of nerfs but the system changes counted as buffs. And really, only four characters need those buffs and three characters need some nerfs. Most of that shit can come from system wide changes anyway, with a few slight things moved around here and there.

And then, from all that, they can start messing with the v-stuff and making that better as a whole.

mbpm1

the way they play in certain aspects are a bit much. They don't need all of those things as strong as they are to continue playing like they do.

So you just think every character should be unfun to play? Rog and Urien are really some of the most fun characters.

The mechanics would still be there, and how they play will be the same.

Is the fun in how they play, right? same combos, set-ups, just less oppressive. lil less damage and frame advantage here in there.

Still fun.

Fighting games are a dance. Just one person having fun is not the goal. Both people need to be having fun.

MCD250

Fun is subjective tbh. I think Cammy's fun as hell to play but lots of people think she is limited/boring/predictable/braindead. And that's cool.

"But he's fun to play!" is like the war cry of every Alex main I've seen.

Pompadour

I've only ever seen Fuudo get off a v-skill level 1 in the middle of a match but not level 2. At least he doesn't need stun to pull it off.

They really need to redesign that V-Skill although I'm not sure how. Maybe allow her to walk back and forth while talking shit?

Speaking of which, it was a huge missed opportunity that Mika didn't specifically trash talk the opposing character.

Fun is subjective tbh. I think Cammy's fun as hell to play but lots of people think she is limited/boring/predictable/braindead. And that's cool.

But.... He is fun to play (to me), lol. I like his moveset. I just try to make it work and learn the match-ups the best I can.

Yeah, fun is gonna be different for everyone. Some characters just hit that fun threshold for a person, and sometimes for different reasons. People always cite a character feeling "powerful", but plenty of people play characters that aren't top tier and still have fun.

But to have that fun, every character needs to be able to work and do their thing. Rog, Urien, and Laura can do their thing for less resources and don't allow the other player to do their thing in return. Again, return v-reversals to normal and people don't have to get facerolled. When the game lacks stark defensive options that are good, then the ones that are more aggressive get to use their tools more.

And I'd love special intros back. Man, that'd be so cool. I know some people are just gonna mash start and move on or complain about them showing up at tournaments and slowing down the pace, but fuck it, let there be an option to turn it off or something.

They really need to redesign that V-Skill although I'm not sure how. Maybe allow her to walk back and forth while talking shit?

Speaking of which, it was a huge missed opportunity that Mika didn't specifically trash talk the opposing character.

Yeah, I'd like to see her used in more gameplans rather than just for stuns and the lvl 1's. From a viewership standpoint, mostly lol.

And Punk has such a good grasp on spacing in this game. Jesus lord.

MCD250

But.... He is fun to play (to me), lol. I like his moveset. I just try to make it work and learn the match-ups the best I can.
Heh, that's what I mean tho. It's more or less universally agreed upon that he's terrible in this game, yet a lot of people still have fun with him. You don't have to be busted like Urien and Rog to be "fun to play".

Edzi

Guy calls me a scrubby noob and challenges me to a lobby after I beat him then I take him 5-0 winning every round.

I hope you teabagged him.

Yep, and he IS fun to play.

I'm also liking Kolin so far, but I've barely spent any real time with her. She's definitely a lot harder to use than Alex.

Heh, that's what I mean tho. It's more or less universally agreed upon that he's terrible in this game, yet a lot of people still have fun with him. You don't have to be busted like Urien and Rog to be "fun to play".

I am agreeing with the point.

I think fun to play is getting is getting muddled with I like my chances of winning to be at a higher percentage (which is fine, winning is fun too). It's still a dance though. The interaction between the players has to be fun.

Mechanics/tactics being fun and the effectiveness/power of them are not 1 in the same all the time.

We need a venn diagram for this, heh.

MCD250

I'd be content with not having my cMK clip through people's ankles with no effect tbh.

Guy calls me a scrubby noob and challenges me to a lobby after I beat him then I take him 5-0 winning every round.
I know I said you should feel bad about teabagging that other guy earlier but I'm glad you teabagged this one.

Urien is top 5 or top 4. Nemo is a top 5 player. Got Vega into Top 8 last year at Evo. He held his own in UMvC3 vs top US players with his Dr. Strange team. You might remember him as KO and his Yang in 3S. He's beaten the Topanga players in other games for years.

Just like to note that Nemo and KO are different players. You might have confused him using Yang in AE (which was I thought the best yang in world), and KO's yang from 3S.

Shadoken

It's a real shame that they go with these long winded solo intros now, everyone just skips 'em.

The previous games had short cinematic intros that got straight to the point.

The modern 3D ones are so fkin ass for most characters. A cinematic view from behind or w/e followed by some cheesy line. I wish they tried the old formula , some intros are fasters than others they should try to follow that formula for others.

The previous games had short cinematic intros that got straight to the point.

The modern 3D ones are so fkin ass for most characters. A cinematic view from behind or w/e followed by some cheesy line. I wish they tried the old formula , some intros are fasters than others they should try to follow that formula for others.
Seriously. An intro doesn't need to be more than

colorswap.php

And if they're going to have those lengthy unskippable match win animations the least they could do was have more than one for each character.

There's some weird guy keeps messaging me on PSN about how our match was laggy and that he's uploaded a video to YouTube to show the world. Of course, no match was laggy for me tonight and my internet service is top-notch. This guy is super salty.

Kashiwaba

While Guile and Urien are overpowered, but still i don't find them annoying or boring to play against as Laura, Balrog or S1 Mika. Playing against Urien and Guile is actually fun and challenging.

joe2187

Banned
I'd be content with not having my cMK clip through people's ankles with no effect tbh.

I know I said you should feel bad about teabagging that other guy earlier but I'm glad you teabagged this one.

Oh god.

This guy makes me reminisce of the good ol days of ST

YgH2EM0.png

N23oiJ5.png

VdntpwK.png

E82TiKr.png

he played rashid, and would constantly jump and jump and I would anti-air throw him. Then he would use V skill hurricane and try to rush in and throw me like 5 times in a row and I teched every single one of them. every time He did and unsafe move I would "Throw" him using a command grab or her CA.

"Throws"

figuring me out was apparently losing 10 rounds in a row and not coming close to beating me.

Village

was this psn?

I don't get that sort of thing over steam

though in 4 all i did was get friend requests from people named horrible things like " you should kill yourself" or slurs

Shadoken

Buffing other characters doesn't stop Balrog/Urien from being unfun to play against.

Pretty much. You dont counter dumb shit with even more dumb shit. That just makes the game overall bad.

One of the complaints about SFV is how offense heavy it is and the lack of neutral play. Personally I enjoy playing against characters who arent OP in Season 2. The rounds actually last longer , there is more neutral play and it seems to be better than S1. Rog and Urien were fine in S1 , I never understood why they were buffed if Capcom went about nerfing the top tiers so extensively.

Aw, I wish I got salt messages. All I get are the occasional ragequit and people messaging me to say GG or invite me to Battle Lounge for additional sets :/

3S Online is a cesspool of rage messages, though. I generally get at least 1 or 2 for every session I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom