• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Back in my day we did

We called it marvel

Thats fine if that is the kind of playstyle Capcom wants with SFV. But right now it feels like S2 Top characters follow a different meta compared to the rest of the cast. Its like playing with Edition Select on or something.

Village

The previous games had short cinematic intros that got straight to the point.

The modern 3D ones are so fkin ass for most characters. A cinematic view from behind or w/e followed by some cheesy line. I wish they tried the old formula , some intros are fasters than others they should try to follow that formula for others.

People like them, and it gives you the person playing the character a slice of their personality along with having it for you the player.

I just wish there were more animations for them. But its all about characterization, and to make things cinematic. You say folks skip them, but I think multiple games, not just SF, but MK, tekken, Soul calibur also do this because its effective and works. For generally most people playing these games.

Village

Thats fine if that is the kind of playstyle Capcom wants with SFV. But right now it feels like S2 Top characters follow a different meta compared to the rest of the cast. Its like playing with Edition Select on or something.

It kinda seemed like at one point, they kind of wanted to. If we remember the old first look at sfv chun li has this spin ass air combo that puts her pretty high in the air. And Necalli is... he's fucking wolverine. Then there are characters like bison, who are crazier in many ways they have ever been. Then there's the DLC characters like Urien who is nuts, rog with full screen lows Ibuki's complicated ass aswell. Then geif was his spinny ass tornado. I feel like they wanted to make a much more hyper game , and dialed it back. But the dialing back is why folks aren't fond of so many characters

I would be interested to see a marvely SF

mbpm1

It kinda seemed like at one point, they kind of wanted to. If we remember the old first look at sfv chun li has this spin ass air combo that puts her pretty high in the air. And Necalli is... he's fucking wolverine. Then there are characters like bison, who are crazier in many ways they have ever been. Then there's the DLC characters like Urien who is nuts, rog with full screen lows Ibuki's complicated ass aswell. Then geif was his spinny ass tornado. I feel like they wanted to make a much more hyper game , and dialed it back. But the dialing back is why folks aren't fond of so many characters

I would be interested to see a marvely SF
Same

remz

Chun li needs that dope spinning air kick thing back.

re: urien, the most frustrating thing when fighting him for me is how tackle, dive and headbutt moves him so far around the stage and are so hard, generally to react to. This combined with his long ass normals make me feel like I'm playing a guessing game everytime i fight him with a.) what he's gonna get me with and b.) where the fuck he is going to be after he does it.

Village

IhDCSWg.jpg
OJJaMUA.jpg

Some other minimal stages

Some of the stages ended up looking wonky

I've seen some PC streams where the lighting was modded for some stages. Those looked really good.

I like some of those minimal stages too (some look wack though, like the beach. beach stage is forever wack).

Village

its called sunny days I have it on with some stages, its why the sky in the india stage is so blue. It doesn't work for evey stage though, because it takes away the fog from the backgrounds, and for some stages, its just uggo back there. Espieciay the akuma stage, low polygon mountains.

You also might be talking about the night stages mod, which is also cool

So patch information is going to drop soon. Doubtful that it'll be related to the maintenance, but according to Mr. Street Writer, we'll be getting info very soon.

Heh, that's kinda what I like about them. They remind me of some of those barren backgrounds you would get in early 3D/fighting games.

It reminded me of that too. Tekken, Toshinden and SF EX to be exact.

Ryu and Sagat raining grass field aside, I always preferred SNK's backgrounds with packed streets and arenas full of people going crazy and hype for the fight they're watching.

Village

I like these, an even more minimal training stage. And a mod that changes the christmas stage to the onfire storymode version of nyc.
The mod was originally made for lower end pc's to try and run this.
Not much, but I would imagine it would make people who lag on the stage happy
It just turned kazuki estate into some smash shit, it reminds me of DK stage in smash 64. The dark one is the day time version oddly enough
Daytime waterfall looks kind of cool, though its missing detail. NIghtime makes the puddles look like piss for whatever reason
vaporwave album cover stage when

I would then have to put an anime girl in the middle of the stage

Did they mention Balance patch or Server/Netcode patch? Lol I hope its not just for changing CPT Stage to Final Round.

Nothing was mentioned as to what's coming content wise. I don't think we are getting shit tomorrow.

Edit: Considering the time frame I doubt we'll get content. It's early in the morning and they won't be around to promote anything.

Pretty much. You dont counter dumb shit with even more dumb shit. That just makes the game overall bad.

One of the complaints about SFV is how offense heavy it is and the lack of neutral play. Personally I enjoy playing against characters who arent OP in Season 2. The rounds actually last longer , there is more neutral play and it seems to be better than S1. Rog and Urien were fine in S1 , I never understood why they were buffed if Capcom went about nerfing the top tiers so extensively.

What if they buffed the neutral tools of the entire cast? Would that not count as buffs > nerfs?

Final round this weekend marks the start of CPT right? I'm interested in another balance patch as much as anyone else, I'm sure it's not going to hit a casual like me too hard, but dropping one when the seasons already started seems messy for the pro players.

According to Reddit the patch info will be getting a tweet soon. Tomorrow's info is simply about eSports stuff.

A tweet? Final Round starts in 3 days. Are they going to start the CPT without the final balance changes in?

They should have been out end of February so it could be tested by players to see if any hot fixes needed to be made and get pros accustomed to any character changes as anything changed will have a bigger impact on them as opposed to most of us.

Oh well.

I expect them to drop the patch just after Final Round. No way in hell they'll do it few days before, right ?

That is seeming like it will be the case most likely. It should have been done before CPT started. Ultimate fighting arena is in April so that gives players almost a month between premier events. NCR is the week after that I think.

This only applies if it launches right after FR.

I'm a bit sceptical that this NRS style balancing is something you can just dip into without it becoming habit forming. If this patch just elevates a new top tier (Ibuki, Rashid and Gief in particular are going to make out like bandits) won't people want another patch in two months time? And what would the objection be anyway.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I see this more as polish to the season 2 balance. It's taking a little too long, though. The more time passes the less people will see it like that.

Another day, another Cacpcom.
Hours before maintenance, after a mere 10 days of up-time, the servers just keel over. After about 2½ hours they give up trying to get the servers back online and instead start maintenance early. I am honestly impressed at how badly run this is.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently investigating why the server went down.
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/839296043539800064

Server restoration is taking longer than expected and we will start the maintenance time early. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/839334469144211457

A tweet? Final Round starts in 3 days. Are they going to start the CPT without the final balance changes in?

They should have been out end of February so it could be tested by players to see if any hot fixes needed to be made and get pros accustomed to any character changes as anything changed will have a bigger impact on them as opposed to most of us.

Oh well.

Well, the timing kinda makes sense. S2 dropped at the tail end of December, so that means only two months have really passed (including a few weeks here and there) to let the meta get sussed out. I'd rather they let some time go through and really think about what they need to shoe-shine rather than knee jerk and rush a patch out that'll potentially fuck the game. It's easy to say Urien is busted, but you need lots of data to back that shit up, and a single month isn't going to cut it in fighting games.

And they've hotfixed the game before from glitches, that's nothing new. I doubt they'l let anything go too busted balance wise tbh.

I'm a bit sceptical that this NRS style balancing is something you can just dip into without it becoming habit forming. If this patch just elevates a new top tier (Ibuki, Rashid and Gief in particular are going to make out like bandits) won't people want another patch in two months time? And what would the objection be anyway.

This is more or less going to be normalizing the game further. Top tiers will probably get some scaling, lower tiers will get buffs, but probably only the lowest four or five. V-reversals will return, and anything on top of that is icing. I really wouldn't expect much outta this patch or more patches in general.

I do think that it might set up more begging for more patches, but I doubt they'll cave. Hopefully.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Everything Rog does is plus.

He has an unreactable almost full screen LOW attack that can lead to huge damage.

He also has a move that makes him completely invincible and is also plus. How is he okay?

In order:

1. Not true

2.EX low doesn't lead to huge damage

3.It requires a 7+ Second Charge time.

Spuck-uk

Banned
That great , so when he says Urien is top 5. I'd be inclined to believe him.

Nemo also said Zangief is top tier.

But yeah, anyone who doesn't think Urien is absolutely top three, if not outright th best character in the game, either plays him or is an eejit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom