• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh Im still so salty about this game, really want to love it (read git gud) and could see it be the only game I play a couple of hours every week for the coming years

Buuuut there is not much to do now. Had the game for 6 weeks..completed all story, character story, all easy survival with every avilabale character but been stuck for weeks on a awfully boring survival grind. First 2 weeks gained 450k FM. Last 4 weeks gained 0 FM.

I reach stage 29 50% of the times and die on stage 30 50% of the time and to get there is hardly fun as everyone already knows. Its so frustrating. Bison is owning me so bad.

So I decided yesterday fuck it, I will play vs cpu Bison on hardest difficulty (because I guess that is the difficulty level on stage 30..). I played for an hour non stop, I did not win a single round and he had won at least 25 rounds. So I came to the conclusion that I will never beat survival mode on normal.

I dont Think we will ever get an arcade mode either, because of obvious reasons. They dont want to add any mode that can give you FM since that takes away from the cash in.

How Do I even defend vs bison on that level. He makes an 7 hit combo or something that takes at least 40% of my Health. Surely I can break free somehow?? The game has not helped me so far if so.

Been giving this game so many chances, first time I experience this in my 20 years of gaming. Git guuud. I mean its NORMAL mode Im talking about here. Normal.

uh Im still so salty about this game, really want to love it (read git gud) and could see it be the only game I play a couple of hours every week for the coming years

Buuuut there is not much to do now. Had the game for 6 weeks..completed all story, character story, all easy survival with every avilabale character but been stuck for weeks on a awfully boring survival grind. First 2 weeks gained 450k FM. Last 4 weeks gained 0 FM.

I reach stage 29 50% of the times and die on stage 30 50% of the time and to get there is hardly fun as everyone already knows. Its so frustrating. Bison is owning me so bad.

So I decided yesterday fuck it, I will play vs cpu Bison on hardest difficulty (because I guess that is the difficulty level on stage 30..). I played for an hour non stop, I did not win a single round and he had won at least 25 rounds. So I came to the conclusion that I will never beat survival mode on normal.

I dont Think we will ever get an arcade mode either, because of obvious reasons. They dont want to add any mode that can give you FM since that takes away from the cash in.

How Do I even defend vs bison on that level. He makes an 7 hit combo or something that takes at least 40% of my Health. Surely I can break free somehow?? The game has not helped me so far if so.

Been giving this game so many chances, first time I experience this in my 20 years of gaming. Git guuud. I mean its NORMAL mode Im talking about here. Normal.

Fighting game AIs are typically on a spectrum that ranges from narcoleptic to psychic combo-gods, with hardest difficulties typically being on the psychic combo-god end of the spectrum. To beat the latter, you literally have to figure out moves the AI has a hard time dealing with, and abuse those moves, wait for the AI to do something unsafe and punish that, or figure out stuff that reliably baits the AI into doing stuff you can punish and abuse that. At that point you are barely playing a fighting game, you are just trying to break the AI.

So like Rickenslacker, I would suggest that you try playing casual (or lounge) matches, if not just jumping straight into ranked (where the match-making is better). Playing against people is much, much more interesting than playing against the AI. You'll still meet the occasional psychic combo-god, but at least those are real people who put in the work, and not just AIs that looks at what buttons you are pressing and react with super-human speed.

Sayad

AI doesn't get to the hardest difficulty in survival normal. Even on Hard, it only get there on level 50 Nicalli. So no use practicing against hardest difficulty AI. Still though, who are you using? Bison is beginners killer, if you don't know when you get to press buttons and when you should just keep blocking you're screwed. Who are you using?!

Something to keep in mind though, SFV survival is one of the worst modes ever in any fighting game, and isn't the place to go to get better. It's still easy to complete with all characters on normal once you're familiar with the game though. Also, have you completed story mode on hard? It's much better and way less frustrating than survival while still giving you a decent amount of FM.

myco666

Cross-up, cross-up, cross-up. Normal Survival AI can't handle that at all. If you learn a decent cross-up combo for all characters you shouldn't have too much problems on beating normal.

Also I think Capcom will add more modes where you get more FM eventually. Especially if they keep adding more stuff you can buy with it. Or atleast they should add more stuff.

AI doesn't get to the hardest difficulty in survival normal. Even on Hard, it only get there on level 50 Nicalli. So no use practicing against hardest difficulty AI. Still though, who are you using? Bison is beginners killer, if you don't know when you get to press buttons and when you should just keep blocking you're screwed. Who are you using?!

Something to keep in mind though, SFV survival is one of the worst modes ever in any fighting game, and isn't the place to go to get better. It's still easy to complete with all characters on normal once you're familiar with the game though. Also, have you completed story mode on hard? It's much better and way less frustrating than survival while still giving you a decent amount of FM.

Im using the glass cannon known as Cammy. Its the only character I know all the moves and combo's with, guess I just need to figure out how to use them more effective and most important, know when to defend and punish

But yeah as you guys say I should probably just give up on survival and enjoy the bottom of the online Community instead. But I dont like to give up on things and want to have my games "completed" especially to get that sweet FM, need 600k for entire season 2 characters, can just buy the other seasons then.

Feel like they should have designed the game so you feel like you constantly progress in some way (like overwatch). It feels so bad that I have gained litterly zero XP or Points for several weeks of playing. Guess the online ranking is better from that perspective. I did play online during the free ps+ weekend, my only beef with that was the long waiting times between matches. Zero Connection issues, except that time a US teleporting Ryu showed up

Yeah seriously, survival is only going to make you a miserable person with nothing but resent for the game. It is an irredeemable mode made to make FM gain torturous before they added missions in the game that routinely give you 5k for something trivial. I can't tell you how much I hated trying it during the time colour unlocks were exclusive to survival mode completion (and even required you to go through it multiple times with the same character if you wanted those colours for different costumes, literal insanity).

Bison's knee has to be one of the most satisfying CCs in the game. Landed it four times in a row because homeboy kept waking up with DPs and wouldn't stop.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Stop. Playing. Survival.

it is terrible. I have no idea why people still do it. Fuck the FM, it's not worth it.
Level up a few characters in casual or something. That will get you a decent amount of FM, too.

02static

Neo Member

http://gph.is/2ni9PJz
warning, shit gif quality

Just neutral jump into heavy kick & sweep. Occasionally they'll block or AA but 70, 80% of the time they'll eat both kicks or just the sweep. Just checked, I got through surv normal with 10 characters even though I only play 2, 3 at most.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So CPT starts this weekend and no one knows when the balance patch is coming and what it'll do. Shouldn't pros be pretty upset about this?

So CPT starts this weekend and no one knows when the balance patch is coming and what it'll do. Shouldn't pros be pretty upset about this?
giphy.gif

Hyun Sai

It's Capcom. It's Street Fighter. An american just won Capcom Cup. They will follow the game in hell if necessary, so why should the devs be worried ? They can do the fuck they want.

I don't think they'll be dumb enough to patch it before Final Round though. Perhaps the announcement will be at the end of the tournament.

I guess the salt will flow if they don't like what the patch changes.

Also, new CPT site:
https://capcomprotour.com/

Looks pretty nice.

Yeah, this shit was probably never going to hit before FR. It was obvious when they didn't announce anything last week. Even the downtime wouldn't have made sense - why drop a patch without telling anyone what's in it?

And the salt is going to flow no matter what. Necessary nerfs are going to make people mad despite people begging for them, people are going to complain that they have to worry about low tier boyz once they get some buffs as the matchups change, top tier people are going to cry the second they see v-revs come back in full force and they have to plan out their comebacks better, and you can bet if things don't completely swing in the favor of a character they play, it'll be a Cryfest 2017.

It's gonna be delicious.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Damn my first match determines who goes up against Chris "9-1" Tatarian

Oh so like every patch for any game, ever.

KoF14 patch was overwhelmingly applauded (Seriously it solved like a huge amount of character balance issues, even if Clark is still ass)

Tekken 7 patches have been well received too.

Capcom extracts a lot more salt than most other fighting game companies when it comes to patches.

I think it stems from a lot of the absolutely stupid balancing that they do.

I think it's more or less because people don't know what Capcom is going to do.

Like with NRS, you know hotfixes are coming and will change the meta on a whim.
With Gundam, you just kind accept that a good portion of the cast will be useless.
With KOF, everything started out crazy, so they just go in and fix the more broken things here and there.
With Tekken, I've seen a lot of Japanese players complain (overt Akuma nerfs, Lars nerfs, etc), but since that game hasn't gone world wide yet, the complaints aren't on a broader scale.
GG seems to do alright because they are smart enough to do loketests and such.

With Capcom, you have no clue. Like we joke about how Capcom nerfs the low tier characters, but I honestly don't think they took the system changes into account when altering the low tier boys.

SF4 brought us some crazy stupid stuff like the brothers being top tier because Capcom wanted a villain or some stupid shit. SFV gave buffs to characters already pretty strong and went too far with it. SF3's Sean players went on a roller coaster, And so on.

To be fair, they've gotten better, but still the S2 changes had a huge disconnect between the system changes and the character changes in my eyes.

Edit: You know would be nice, Capcom? A beta. Let people test out the changes. Get some feedback. Also, the more you keep people informed, the less of a shocker it is when the changes hit. I believe someone brought this idea up and how it helps players adjust.

The vast majority of changes that happen in Killer Instinct happen as a dialogue between the players and the developers.

They really do listen to the players on the forums and it's incredible how well that game is balanced.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Im using the glass cannon known as Cammy. Its the only character I know all the moves and combo's with, guess I just need to figure out how to use them more effective and most important, know when to defend and punish

But yeah as you guys say I should probably just give up on survival and enjoy the bottom of the online Community instead. But I dont like to give up on things and want to have my games "completed" especially to get that sweet FM, need 600k for entire season 2 characters, can just buy the other seasons then.

Feel like they should have designed the game so you feel like you constantly progress in some way (like overwatch). It feels so bad that I have gained litterly zero XP or Points for several weeks of playing. Guess the online ranking is better from that perspective. I did play online during the free ps+ weekend, my only beef with that was the long waiting times between matches. Zero Connection issues, except that time a US teleporting Ryu showed up

If you're just going to play survival and other bad modes to earn fight money to buy characters to just play survival and other bad modes to earn fight money...

That's a treadmill you need to get off of. Play against actual humans. Get beat up. Get better. Stop worrying about FM or "game completion." There is no game completion, only the thrill of battle.

The vast majority of changes that happen in Killer Instinct happen as a dialogue between the players and the developers.

They really do listen to the players on the forums and it's incredible how well that game is balanced.

It's almost as if communication is the key!

The games that keep their community updated and communicate with them are the ones that have a happier time patching the game. SNK seems like they are pretty good in letting their intentions known.

NRS, Capcom, and NB could learn a thing or two from the KI and GG people.

FluxWaveZ

What do you feel like you changed? Mind state or MU knowledge?

Probably a bit of both, but more the former than the latter. The thing with me is that I often get stuck in a rut for a period of time, while I play hundreds of matches in vain to try to improve. But then, after a lot of struggling, something will suddenly just click, and all the effort I put in previously reveals itself.

I get my AAs more. I get my punishes down more. I can block properly more. It's always been in phases like this for me, which is kinda frustrating, but rewarding when I finally evolve.

Edit: You know would be nice, Capcom? A beta. Let people test out the changes. Get some feedback. Also, the more you keep people informed, the less of a shocker it is when the changes hit. I believe someone brought this idea up and how it helps players adjust.

Heh. People have been saying what we're in now is an unmarked beta where we've been testing theoretical changes from Season 1.

Shackzam

Not really a constant poster on this thread, but I always lurk. I ended up winning the training day monthly of the redbull tourney's in the chicago area this month. So I feel like I've improved a good amount since I've been going out more to my locals. Glad I can see the progression and hope to take more of the redbull tourney's in the coming months.

MCD250

Not really a constant poster on this thread, but I always lurk. I ended up winning the training day monthly of the redbull tourney's in the chicago area this month. So I feel like I've improved a good amount since I've been going out more to my locals. Glad I can see the progression and hope to take more of the redbull tourney's in the coming months.
Damn, congrats!

FluxWaveZ

What is that? How many people were at it? Congrats.

Shackzam

What is that? How many people were at it? Congrats.

It's just monthly tourney's in a bunch of cities that are sponsored by redbull and if you are in the top three at the end of the season in your area then you get to duke it out with parts of the region Here are more details
There were almost 50 people that came out even though ours was announced like 2 weeks beforehand so it was a pretty good turnout.

Probably a bit of both, but more the former than the latter. The thing with me is that I often get stuck in a rut for a period of time, while I play hundreds of matches in vain to try to improve. But then, after a lot of struggling, something will suddenly just click, and all the effort I put in previously reveals itself.

I get my AAs more. I get my punishes down more. I can block properly more. It's always been in phases like this for me, which is kinda frustrating, but rewarding when I finally evolve.

Ah I see. When I start to feel a bit to mentally exhausted playing this or in SF4, I'd usually take some time off like a few days or a week. When I'd come back I felt a lot more refreshed and able to think about situations a bit more clearly at the expense of my execution needing to be warmed up a lot (in 4 at least where it mattered lol). Personally when I get into a rut its usually that I've been playing for too long and slowly start to lose concentration then end up losing more which leads into frustration etc

LakeEarth

SF5 overly stresses me right now, so as of now I just play enough SF5 to get all the weekly free FM. I actually got the million FM achievement so I don't even know why I'm doing it. I can't get the platinum without beating "Extreme" survival, and now that the SRK trick is neutered, I'm not sure if I ever will.

Still love the game though. I just need to play more relaxing games right now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Didn't they announce an announcement about possibly maybe improving their communication a while back?

Exr

Nice work, who do you use?

Neoxon

As mentioned in the Final Round thread, I really hope that Capcom allows us to earn Fight Money through the Final Round stream (as well as other Premier Events) like what happened with the Capcom Cup.

Mr. X

Nice!

RM8

Kolin is one of the most fun characters in the game. I don't enjoy losing most of the time, but such is grabbing a new character at this point, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom