• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
aim9bxpmmk3fbwkoty7c.png
C6t7fQ1WkAEM1IL.jpg

https://twitter.com/drummerboyroy_/status/840901543046049796

That pic bugs me. Why isn't PR Rogs face over Balrog? Why didn't the person use the the stage variant with Sagat and put Li Joe's face over Sagat?

I like my memes with continuity.

Okay but seriously how do you deal with being a paper thin character like Akuma?

This shit hurts.

Like I ran Nash in the early days but he didn't shred like this.

Bob White

Yipes screaming "Yo, this is FREE" during the kbrad match is fucking hilarious. Something about his delivery is perfect. It's up there with his other classic "fuck the knicks!"

Anyone wanna play for a bit?

Don't mess up.

I'll play

CFN
80sBowie

MCD250

9pm Eastern
Right on, thanks.

I'mma be rooting for Kbrad, though he's already had a great tournament tbh. Making top 8 at the first CPT event, snatching Wolfkrone's soul, beating his demon Haitani...boy could probably lose every round from here on out and still go home feeling good about himself.

Won't be mad if either Xian or Itabashi take it too. Also Tokido, if only to show the viability of Akuma.

Edzi

I love (hate) how Capcom said they'd try to get rid of AA jabs and then proceeded to give Kolin one of the best ones in the game.

ShinMaruku

I know that. She's good.

Doesn't change the fact that until yester, she barely appeared on any list.

She was top 3 on lists in Japan for weeks now. The reason nobody in the west have her so high is because nobody is willing to put in the work, they want a easier character to put work in and ignore that this character is extremely good, she just needs a high level of understanding.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
She was top 3 on lists in Japan for weeks now. The reason nobody in the west have her so high is because nobody is willing to put in the work, they want a easier character to put work in and ignore that this character is extremely good, she just needs a high level of understanding.
Do you mind linking some of these tier lists? I legitimately have not seen a single one that has her in top 3.

Edzi

Yipes screaming "Yo, this is FREE" during the kbrad match is fucking hilarious. Something about his delivery is perfect. It's up there with his other classic "fuck the knicks!"

I'll play

CFN
80sBowie

GGs man. Not sure why you're playing Kolin since you seem to be avoiding using all of her special moves. Don't think I saw a single Trigger, Skill, or counter attempt. You relied entirely on really solid fundementals play and footsies. Tbh, I started to lose my patience towards the end there since you were playing so lame and that's why I started taunting to try and get you riled up and more aggressive. I don't think it worked.

Do you have a lot of Alex matchup experience? You seemed to know the exact spacing to avoid and whiff punish my heavy elbow, which was pretty sick.

Seriously. Get your shit together, capcom.

Akuma too, so far the S2 characters have S1 AA jabs..

I seriously don't know why they're having so much trouble with this. The solution seems trivially easy, just give the priority system property to air moves so that light AAs always get blown up by heavier moves. Or, you know, just fix the hitbox to not be above the character.

mbpm1

Okay but seriously how do you deal with being a paper thin character like Akuma?

This shit hurts.

Like I ran Nash in the early days but he didn't shred like this.

Minimize risk until it's time to go ham. Refine your decision making process

Really, 875 isn't much less than 900.

Bob White

GGs man. Not sure why you're playing Kolin since you seem to be avoiding using all of her special moves. Don't think I saw a single Trigger, Skill, or counter attempt. You relied entirely on really solid fundementals play and footsies. Tbh, I started to lose my patience towards the end there since you were playing so lame and that's why I started taunting to try and get you riled up. I don't think it worked.

Do you have a lot of Alex matchup experience? You seemed to know the exact spacing to avoid and whiff punish my heavy elbow, which was pretty sick.

I seriously don't know why they're having so much trouble with this. The solution seems trivially easy, just give the priority system property to air moves so that light AAs always get blown up by heavier moves. Or, you know, just fix the hitbox to not be above the character.

The thing with AA jabs is that...they are needed. Seriously the lack of moves that aim above your head in the game is ridiculous. And my Kolin? lol, wife work combo keeps me from playing as much as I'd like. So I don't really "play" her, I just kinda test her buttons out to see what whiff punishes.

Edzi

The thing with AA jabs is that...they are needed. Seriously the lack of moves that aim above your head in the game is ridiculous. And my Kolin? lol, wife work combo keeps me from playing as much as I'd like. So I don't really "play" her, I just kinda test her buttons out to see what whiff punishes.

Her V-Skill is realllly good man, abuse it. I'm pretty sure you can make it safe pretty easily with spacing too. But yeah, you don't really need to considering how good your footsies/fundamentals were. That spacing/whiff punishing was inspiring lol. You were forcing me to play incredibly safe/patient, which is something I normally don't like to do.

As far as AA jabs go, I don't think they're needed as much as Capcom just needs to buff heavy AA's in general, and the fact that they suck isn't an excuse for jab AAs to be in. They kinda started to do this with some S2 buffs, but it's not nearly enough, especially when they keep giving new characters god like jab AAs.

How about just making the AAs do better damage or do a better juggle state so that people don't resort to mashing jabs all day and jumping stops being ridiculous?

Edit damn Edzi get outta my head.

Bison's jab leaves them closer, but it's more reliable. His cHP is better at putting them at a good distance, but far slower and harder to time. His knee is good but you have to commit and hope they go deep. All of his AA options aren't too good either way though.

Her V-Skill is realllly good man, abuse it. I'm pretty sure you can make it safe pretty easily with spacing too. But yeah, you don't really need to considering how good your footsies/fundamentals were. That spacing/whiff punishing was inspiring lol. You were forcing me to play incredibly safe/patient, which is something I normally don't like to do.

As far as AA jabs go, I don't think they're needed as much as Capcom just needs to buff heavy AA's in general, and the fact that they suck isn't an excuse for jab AAs to be in. They kinda started to do this with some S2 buffs, but it's not nearly enough, especially when they keep giving new characters god like jab AAs.
THIS

If Capcom did anything right with Urien's insane normals it is the AA properties of his cr.HP. It AAs well, leads to big damage and unlike most AAs it can still lead to a full combo into CA even if it trades. Then we've got Necalli with his big number of crush counters (one that even AAs). Many characters need the AA properties of some crush counter and medium/heavy normals buffed big time for season 3.
Jab AAs don't bother me. Incredibly reliable w/ good Oki jab AAs bother me.
AA jabs are not necessary at all for characters with invincible DPs and parries. This is especially true if they get mixups off them. One of the few Alex nerfs I'm okay with and Ryu's AA jab can rest in pieces. Gief I can sorta get and Dhalsim is perfectly understandable. They just better not beat crossups because that is dumb.

Edzi

Japan is gonna learn today why the west hates Laura.

EDIT: Huh, did Fuudo just intelligently and successfully use Mika's V-Skill in a tournament match?

FluxWaveZ

Mika Laura has to be one of the dumbest matchups right? lol

Surprisingly bad for Mika due to Laura's buffs and Mika's nerfs. It used to be stupider in S1, but Mika can't just barge in anymore.

Japan is gonna learn today why the west hates Laura.

EDIT: Huh, did Fuudo just intelligently and successfully use Mika's V-Skill in a tournament match?

Fuudo is the Mika player with the best mic usage. Risky as shit, but effective in the way he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom