• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

70% of Xian's matches were him losing and then turning on X factor.. I mean V trigger and using bomb mix ups to run it back.

Still good on him, well deserved. Glad he dumped FANG, send Capcom that message.

kirblar

70% of Xian's matches were him losing and then turning on X factor.. I mean V trigger and using bomb mix ups to run it back.

Still good on him, well deserved. Glad he dumped FANG, send Capcom that message.
That extra +50 HP was a big deal for her.

Dahbomb

That extra +50 HP was a big deal for her.
The st.MK buff was one of the biggest buffs she got actually. That's actually a superb pressure tool now and leads into damage. Seemed like that's how it was always supposed to work but they forgot to fix it in S1.

This tournament has made me believe that all the "S2 IS GARBAGE" shit was a bit premature lol. This has been pure hype. One of the best tournaments for SFV for sure.
From what I read most people think S2 is an improvement, but some characters just got left behind (pun not intended) and some universal changes were kinda dumb. I don't think this tournament will change people's feelings about v-reversals, white life, Alex, Ryu and Fang.

Another server maintenance?!
OKu2Fji.png

Good news? Bad news?

Source.

Kashiwaba

From what I read most people think S2 is an improvement, but some characters just got left behind (pun not intended) and some universal changes were kinda dumb. I don't think this tournament will change people's feelings about v-reversals, white life, Alex, Ryu and Fang.
For top 32 we had
CAMMY,CHUN,ibuki,guile,mika,balrog,rashid,laura,ken,zangief,Akuma, dhalsim, Birdie and maybe Urien.
Maybe i missed some.
It's an improvement from s1 but Capcom​ can still make the other characters more viable.

That more or less depends on where you go. Like, my Twitter is filled with stupid shit and stupid complaints. Even some of the players were proclaiming that the game would be ruled solely by top tiers in every CPT event. Mike Ross made a prediction that every CPT event would be Rog, Urien, and Laura.

Now, he was probably joking, but man did people take that shit to heart.

I heard server maintenance is each week now.

Source?

For top 32 we had
CAMMY,CHUN,ibuki,guile,mika,balrog,rashid,laura,ken,zangief,Akuma, dhalsim, Birdie and maybe Urien.
Maybe i missed some.
It's an improvement from s1 but Capcom​ can still make the other characters more viable.

From memory, the only characters I didn't see at all were FANG and Alex. Saw a few Ryus limping around, and Flash's Vega against Pokchop (the best). Oh, and no Kolin's as far as I know. Other than that, not only did the other characters show up, some of the lower tiers busted some high tier ass.

Just good games all around.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Christ, more all-day server maintenance?

On the bright side, I played ranked for over an hour today and didn't have a single server error. Then I played my last couple matches in casual and, boom, couldn't retrieve data.

Capcom learned nothing from last season. I'm not hopeful for this patch at all.

I mean, after watching this tournament, I'd say you are right in so far that they made some really dumb design alterations, but for the most part, the game is way more exciting to watch right outta the gate and better than S1 in my eyes. More character variety, viability, more character stylings between players, etc.

My only fear is that they go too far with the nerfs, because I don't think the top tiers need much beyond scaling.

peter0611

I don't foresee Xian dominating throughout the CPT season like Infil and Tokido did last year. The game is more mature and the skill gap between the elite players isn't as significant. That alone will make it more interesting and unpredictable.

For top 32 we had
Maybe i missed some.

According to this post players in the top 32 used 18 different characters. That number is pretty much perfectly in line with what you'd expect if every character were equally likely to be picked by any given player in the top 32 and accounting for dual picks. So I am not sure that Capcom could actually improve on this by improving the balance. Even in a perfect world there will still be a sampling effect, which means that some characters will be over-represented and others will be under-represented.

Hyun Sai

I mean, after watching this tournament, I'd say you are right in so far that they made some really dumb design alterations, but for the most part, the game is way more exciting to watch right outta the gate and better than S1 in my eyes. More character variety, viability, more character stylings between players, etc.

My only fear is that they go too far with the nerfs, because I don't think the top tiers need much beyond scaling.

Character variety was indeed not bad. I tried to watch KoF grand finals, saw Mai / Leona / xxx VS Mai / Leona / xxx and was depressed.

Skilletor

Character variety was indeed not bad. I tried to watch KoF grand finals, saw Mai / Leona / xxx VS Mai / Leona / xxx and was depressed.

This is why I'm never impressed when people brag about huge character numbers in KoF. At high level it's always the same few.

this finals was a lot better than Chun fullscreen dominance/Nash dashing back and forth 40 times mixed in with some booms & ryu j.LK from hell

I still can't get over Mika's ass flying over that sonic boom.
Or anything Xian did with Ibuki.
Shit, Tokido taking out that Gief was already pretty notable.

Are they all like that? Could have sworn I've seen some more variance but I don't know enough about KOF to call that.

Skilletor

I still can't get over Mika's ass flying over that sonic boom.
Or anything Xian did with Ibuki.
Shit, Tokido taking out that Gief was already pretty notable.

Are they all like that? Could have sworn I've seen some more variance but I don't know enough about KOF to call that.

Tokido had it rough with back to back matches of what are probably his most difficult matchups.

EX air fireball makes the gief matchup a lot more tolerable as it makes gief question on Akuma jump ins. That doesn't work against flashkicks, lol.

kirblar

Would changing Ibuki from 3 bars (3 bombs) to 2 bars (2 bombs) be a nerf or a buff?

edit: ignore this, double explody things is confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom