• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 2 balance is pretty bad , Season 1 wasn't so much better or anything. But S1 was pretty good considering it was the first iteration of the game. S2 is very bad after the team had so much time for feedback and player input. It feels like they listened to knee jerk complaints from early in the season rather than Pro players opinions.

Also
https://twitter.com/goldencen/status/841042603026059264

"V trigger is so smart and amazing" lmao

If the balance patch is coming tomorrow. I bet Ibuki will be untouched or get some buffs because she is bottom 10 on Eventhubs tier list along with the likes of Mika and Zangief smh.
Gamerbee's delivery on that line was amazing, lol

Season 2 balance is pretty bad , Season 1 wasn't so much better or anything. But S1 was pretty good considering it was the first iteration of the game. S2 is very bad after the team had so much time for feedback and player input. It feels like they listened to knee jerk complaints from early in the season rather than Pro players opinions.

Also
https://twitter.com/goldencen/status/841042603026059264

"V trigger is so smart and amazing" lmao

If the balance patch is coming tomorrow. I bet Ibuki will be untouched or get some buffs because she is bottom 10 on Eventhubs tier list along with the likes of Mika and Zangief smh.

I love Gamerbee, but my dude lost to a mirror. JWong's Karin is garbo compared to Punk and Mago so he has no room to talk.

Ryu is absolutely not bottom tier smh, y'all are cray

The only way he's going to jump up the tiers is if people go back to using him and I don't see that happening tbh. He takes a lot of work to use these days.

Edzi

I love Gamerbee, but my dude lost to a mirror. JWong's Karin is garbo compared to Punk and Mago so he has no room to talk.

I'm inclined to agree. Both players aren't doing too hot in this game, so I'd take their salt with a grain of salt.

That being said, the game has issues. A lot of issues.

FluxWaveZ

S2 definitely has some balance issues, regardless of where characters are placed in tournaments. There's just stuff on paper which most people can agree is stupid and shouldn't be there. My qualms are still with some of the stuff Urien and Laura have, particularly. I guess I'm not fixated on Balrog too much because of bias.

No worries, the balance patch isn't coming tomorrow.

Don't see what that has to do with their opinions regarding the game mechanics.

Shadoken

13_daigo02.jpg

Yea idk. It looks like the bottom tier characters wont be having any big reps from the Pros.

I wonder if Bonchan will drop Nash after playing in a tourney or if he is waiting for balance update. It didn't look too good for him in Topanga against the likes of characters like Cammy.

It seems like he has put so much effort into mastering Nash fireball game I guess thats why he doesn't wanna change.

MrCarter

You can taste the salt from these guys a mile away lol - also V-Trigger is better than anything SFIV had to offer in terms of a comeback mechanic. Season 2 is still better than Season 1 for me because of the dp change, slow white life and less AA jabs. They need to make V-reversals better though.

Shadoken

I'm inclined to agree. Both players aren't doing too hot in this game, so I'd take their salt with a grain of salt.

The only way he's going to jump up the tiers is if people go back to using him and I don't see that happening tbh. He takes a lot of work to use these days.

You can't taste the salt from these guys a mile away lol - also V-Trigger is better than anything SFIV had to offer in terms of a comeback mechanic. Season 2 is still better than Season 1 for me because of the dp change, slow white life and less AA jabs. They need to make V-reversals better though.

I mean whos opinion would you like to hear? Xian's? Because he has been saying bad stuff about this game since Day 1.

Final Round just wasn't their day , they are ridiculously amazing players otherwise. So i still think their opinions do matter.

Yeah, the AA stuff, the lack of defense, the top tiers still being stupid regardless of how they place due to the lack of scaling, v-reversals, and the weird lack of balance for the lowest tier boys is just dumb. However, I don't think they need to do a lot to fix most of those issues, and my biggest fear is that they are going to apply a bunch of fixes that go too far and ruin the game.

Don't see what that has to do with their opinions regarding the game mechanics.

I'm just poking fun at them considering the salt. Relax.

I mean whos opinion would you like to hear? Xian's? Because he has been saying bad stuff about this game since Day 1.

Final Round just wasn't their day , they are ridiculously amazing players otherwise. So i still think their opinions do matter.

I don't know what you mean by bad stuff or what I want to hear. All of the players have issues with this game. None of them think it's perfect (just like 4, 3, 2,...). And I'm not discrediting their opinions, I'm poking fun at them for their salt.

Regardless, Gamerbee and Jwong both like the game, and I don't think anyone's opinions about the game should be flat out thrown to the windows. I just thought it was funny regarding the situation.

Edzi

I just get the feeling they're coming from a place of salt with those particular comments, they're not necessarily wrong though.

MCD250

Game is mostly fine in terms of balance. They just gotta nerf some of the dumber stuff the 3-4 top tiers can get away with and and buff some of the stuff the 3-4 bottom tiers can do (maybe throw in some of the midtiers as well) and you should have a fairly solidly balanced cast of 24 characters.

"Perfect balance" can never be a thing. It's impossible. But they can still make it so that things don't feel busted in either direction.

MrCarter

Of course thier opinions matter, not saying they don't, but we have to remember not to take them as gospel just because they are pro players. They make a livelihood off this game so of course they would have thier own set of biased views depending on thier win/loss ratio. When Justin said "you can play with ANY character and win /s"...you couldn't do that in SFIV either.

Whatever they patch, I just hope it keeps up in the variance area. I loved seeing so many characters being cycled through and mostly viable. Eventually, like all fighting games, the best will rise to the top and a few might get dropped along the way, but the longer that goes, the better.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Most characters. But instead of keeping Nash and Ryu(Still Nerfing the J.LK, Jab AA) like they were in S1, they made really dumb changes making them go back to neutral while a character like Laura can do light shoulders every time on knockdown and still be her turn.

And that's just the surface of the problem with S2.
Ryu and Nash both have good meaties that give them a turn after and I'm not even sure how that answer fits my post. Are you saying Ryu can't play good offense? Oh and nerfing his j.lk was one of the easiest changes they had to make. Shit was broken.

Yes they went too far with both but Ryu especially was not a defense oriented character before either. I guess Nash was.

Ryu definitely isn't bottom tier. He's bad, but he's still at the edge of playability. It's just one of those situations where he has the tools of a fine character but none of the advantages to make him worth picking over a character like Akuma or Ken. same with Vega over Urien.

Shadoken

I dont know their idea with Nash. Like I guess they want him to be an offensive Guile. But then he doesnt really have a good throw game , so there is not really anything to fear in terms of offense. Walk speed is too bad and Dash up throw is very react-able now. ( Not to mention risky since people like throwing out their CC normals ).

His fireball is still very good , but not good enough AAs to keep people out forever like Guile.

I dont know their idea with Nash. Like I guess they want him to be an offensive Guile. But then he doesnt really have a good throw game , so there is not really anything to fear in terms of offense. Walk speed is too bad and Dash up throw is very react-able now. ( Not to mention risky since people like throwing out their CC normals ).

His fireball is still very good , but not good enough AAs to keep people out forever like Guile.

It's almost like they gave him good dashes to make up for his discrepancies.

MCD250

The way they cut off Ryu's legs in S2 is legit heartbreaking tbh. Like his jLK and anti-air jab were for sure bullshit but I thought it was awesome that he was so fucking strong back in S1. He more or less still has his big boy damage but no easy ways to dish it out. Boy needs some reach and a better fireball.

The way they cut off Ryu's legs in S2 is legit heartbreaking tbh. Like his jLK and anti-air jab were for sure bullshit but I thought it was awesome that he was so fucking strong back in S1. He more or less still has his big boy damage but no easy ways to dish it out. Boy needs some reach and a better fireball.

O.Ryu fireballs pls

Shadoken

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";231995706]It's almost like they gave him good dashes to make up for his discrepancies.[/QUOTE]

And then got rid of it lol.But here have this +2 B.MK to make up for all of that.

Capcpom indeed. I think all Alex needs are some faster normals for footsies though, he's close to not being bottom tier.
Dude is at the bottom of the Marianas trench along with Fang right now. They didn't even register as a blip at final round. Even a rather drastic change like giving him an improved spiral DDT or special cancels off one or both of his crouching medium normals only puts him in mid tier at best. He needs big improvements in the wakeup, mid-range and anti air departments to ever hit A tier or above.

Edzi

Dude is at the bottom of the Marianas trench along with Fang right now. They didn't even register as a blip at final round. Even a rather drastic change like giving him an improved spiral DDT or special cancels off one or both of his crouching medium normals only puts him in mid tier at best. He needs big improvements in the wakeup, mid-range and anti air departments to ever hit A tier or above.

I'm not hoping for A tier, I just want him viable again. Faster normals and maybe frame 1 armor on his EX elbow would be enough for me.

I'm not hoping for A tier, I just want him viable again. Faster normals and maybe frame 1 armor on his EX elbow would be enough for me.
Me neither

I put it out there just to put it out there. I'm more along Vesper's school of thought where reversals are doled out to characters currently lacking them like Nash and Alex. A frame 1 armored EX slash elbow just feels like another change that misses the forest for the trees (in the same way the f.HP buff did) when his biggest problems are his lack of wakeup options and anti airs. EX air knee strike as a reversal kills two birds with one stone and it makes sense as long as he can't get oki off it. His close range game is fine right now. I don't see a need to potentially overbuff it with a frame one armored move when he is clearly sorely lacking in the AA department. As for the normals. I'd like to see them do something about his cr.HP and f.HP in the AA department. One combo I particularly like is f.HP>v-trigger cancel>dash forward cr.HP>flash chop>CA (or EX air knee strike if you don't have the meter). I'd like to see CC f.HP's air hitstun further increased so that he can dash forward without having to v-trigger cancel. It would be in line with the presumed necessary improvements people will be requesting for many a character's medium/heavy AA normals come season 3.

I know we'll be lucky to get slightly faster st.mp, cr.mp and cr.mk. I guess I just like my balancing fanfiction sometimes

Holy moly I think I just had my first legit lag switcher.

Every time I went for the kill it would lag and I would drop the combo.

Do replays record rollback?

mbpm1

I got to it first. therefore as premier leaker I am obliged to share that the next character will be Guile's wife, not Byron. Her booms are invisible and she can turn invisible.

jett

D-Member
13_daigo02.jpg

Yea idk. It looks like the bottom tier characters wont be having any big reps from the Pros.

I wonder if Bonchan will drop Nash after playing in a tourney or if he is waiting for balance update. It didn't look too good for him in Topanga against the likes of characters like Cammy.

It seems like he has put so much effort into mastering Nash fireball game I guess thats why he doesn't wanna change.

Seems like Daigo finally stopped being a dumbass about Ryu.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the two most likely things to happen in a season 2 revision patch are probably buffs to Ryu and Nash. Would be neat if Capcom could clarify that...

MCD250

Watch Capcom nerf the fuck out of Guile in the new patch, just as Daigo is picking him up.

Watch Daigo get 6 more sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom