• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Reminder that Necalli also has two 3f anti-air jabs, four crush counters, an overhead, a command grab, a DP, a divekick, a projectile invincible move and one of the best V-Triggers in the game.

Reminder that Necalli also has two 3f anti-air jabs, four crush counters, an overhead, a command grab, a DP, a divekick, a projectile invincible move and one of the best V-Triggers in the game.

his overhead is also a crush counter :') and he has a seismo/ground pound :')

Kashiwaba

BPwt0

My friend sent me this today.

stn

Necalli is very straight-forward, he should remain strong and competitive. Make him weak and he'll become too boring to play, just like Ryu and Nash have this season.

I just don't understand why they gave him one of everything. He doesn't need a command grab at all lol, I feel like they had the animation made and didn't have a character to give it to and just tacked it onto him before it went to waste.

Also the pushback on his overhead on block needs to be reduced a bit

ElFly

what about chun

She could easily have a quarter circle fireball with little change, and prolly a shoryuken SBK too

Don't play much Chun since they decided to ignore her alpha incarnation and move her to the 3S moveset but I doubt she would change much

MCD250

I just don't understand why they gave him one of everything. He doesn't need a command grab at all lol, I feel like they had the animation made and didn't have a character to give it to and just tacked it onto him before it went to waste.

Also the pushback on his overhead on block needs to be reduced a bit
He's like a REALLY GOOD version of what (I think) Alex was supposed to be. An all-around character who covers damn near everyrhing. I always thought the reason Alex sucked is because they were afraid that a character who has a bunch of different tools at their disposal could easily become busted, so they were overly cautious when balancing him. But I guess they don't care about that with Necalli.

Producer

She could easily have a quarter circle fireball with little change, and prolly a shoryuken SBK too

Don't play much Chun since they decided to ignore her alpha incarnation and move her to the 3S moveset but I doubt she would change much

she would change alot lol

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;232045324 said:
To be fair, that was seemingly a combination of her doing two fireballs while in V-trigger (one with each hand) and Capcom forgetting to put a limit on the number of fireballs on screen. I'm not saying that motion fireballs wouldn't change her, it definitely would, but it wouldn't be this horrendous.

Nah, I like that one. Make it her new v-trigger

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Characters can't actually throw fireballs if there's already one of theirs on the screen (Guile's V-Trigger is obviously the exception). I guess that wasn't in that super early version, but it's a Street Fighter staple.

Kashiwaba

To be fair, that was seemingly a combination of her doing two fireballs while in V-trigger (one with each hand) and Capcom forgetting to put a limit on the number of fireballs on screen. I'm not saying that motion fireballs wouldn't change her, it definitely would, but it wouldn't be this horrendous.

Chun old v trigger seems more like what Guile has now.

FluxWaveZ

It wouldn't be at double Soul Fist level like that, but even using her FBs at neutral and the way they dissipate, it would be pretty damn close when timed properly.

Kashiwaba

Characters can't actually throw fireballs if there's already one of theirs on the screen (Guile's V-Trigger is obviously the exception). I guess that wasn't in that super early version, but it's a Street Fighter staple.

Guile and Nash are the exception here I guess.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I should've said "one fireball move" or something, because fireballs with multiple hits are obviously possible.

Oh and that's also why slow projectiles are theoretically bad. If you jump one, Guile can't throw another one for a long time, which give you the chance to move forward.

There were exceptions in SF4, at least: Juri and Gouken could both have several fireballs on screen at once, though it had to be different types of fireballs (low vs horizontal vs diagonal).

mbpm1

I guess I should've said "one fireball move" or something, because fireballs with multiple hits are obviously possible.

Oh and that's also why slow projectiles are theoretically bad. If you jump one, Guile can't throw another one for a long time, which give you the chance to move forward.

But you can also follow behind it and act with it as a shield

Mœbius

Cross posting from the Fighting Game Headquarters thread.

Thanks for posting. There's a really interesting bit about 30 mins in when they talk about a technique called 'Fix Projection' ,which helps to address FOV problems that arise from using a 3D camera and models in a side-on game (which would cause the character models to stretch essentially). Interestingly this solution doesn't actually directly impact the FOV / camera itself but rather adjusts the character model data and shader.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;232046092 said:
There were exceptions in SF4, at least: Juri and Gouken could both have several fireballs on screen at once, though it had to be different types of fireballs (low vs horizontal vs diagonal).
Oh ffs, so many exceptions lol

But you can also follow behind it and act with it as a shield
Yeah but then he loses down and back charge. That's where the match-up fun starts!

I'm gonna miss Xian's Fang, I found him so fun to watch. I'll laugh if Fang gets mad buffs and Xian has Ibuki and a years experience with Fang to work for him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What I mean is that it's not bad or good.

If we're counting Nash's EX booms as an exception then FANG and Kolin also count
Yeah, like I said, that's where the match-up starts.

And Nash's EX boom is not an exception, it's just one with several hits like Ryu's EX or Akuma's red one.

MCD250

Yeah, like I said, that's where the match-up starts.

And Nash's EX boom is not an exception, it's just one with several hits like Ryu's EX or Akuma's red one.
It's two separate projectiles though, not one projectile with multiple hits. You can theoretically jump over one and block the other, or block one but get hit by the other, etc.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's two separate projectiles though, not one projectile with multiple hits. You can theoretically jump over one and block the other, or block one but get hit by the other, etc.
You can do that with the others I mentioned, it's just that they are closer together. You can get hit by single ones and the rest will stay on the screen.
I mean...no need to discuss it further, it's a Street Fighter technicality that came up because of that Chun video, nothing more. If Nash could do EX boom twice while the other is still on the screen, then it would be an exception.
Watch the Desk video I linked earlier.

ElFly

that was a beta where they didn't put the multiple fireball limit, or she was in v-trigger, wasn't really paying much attention but dunno why you'd post this

incomplete game that we never got to play in that state is hella broken: news at 11

shes like top 10 , maybe top 8

imo

then give her a little delay on a QCF fireball and call it a day

Characters can't actually throw fireballs if there's already one of theirs on the screen (Guile's V-Trigger is obviously the exception)

Is Guile really a exception? you can only throw multiple sonic booms if you follow up the original charged sonic boom, but I haven't checked if you can throw two charged sonic booms at the same time in V-Trigger

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Guile really a exception? you can only throw multiple sonic booms if you follow up the original charged sonic boom, but I haven't checked if you can throw two charged sonic booms at the same time in V-Trigger
Ah, you might be right. I guess it's not as complicated after all, phew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom