• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Matt confirmed on WSO that maintenance tonight is not the patch and has them under lock and key. Should be finding out about it soon.

Sakujou

Banned
hey guys, iam able to play sf5 next week, because i'll lend it from a friend.

how to get every fighter as fast as possible?
gouki and kolin are purchasable with fightmoney right?
someone told me, that its really grindy...?

Edzi

hey guys, iam able to play sf5 next week, because i'll lend it from a friend.

how to get every fighter as fast as possible?
gouki and kolin are purchasable with fightmoney right?
someone told me, that its really grindy...?

Getting enough fight money for one character is pretty easy if you just do all the character stories + main story, which can be very quick. After that though, yeah, it can get grindy so you'd be better off buying them.

Fastest way to get into it is to have someone walk you through it and teach you the basics in person, but after that I'd recommend watching some SFV basics tutorials on youtube. Also, do NOT practice against the CPU, play against people online or in person.

Yeah, this is what Matt said:

he has seen the changes
"you won't have much longer to wait"
"once people find out about the patch.. i'll be interested to see what the reaction is"
also seems the Capcom japan guys are in charge of the servers interestingly...
Aparently Laura has some changes.. and when laura players find out, they will need to be sitting down
and he is excited about the changes...
and he said randomly.. 'would it be interesting if some character received a new move?'
could all be bullshit... we'll see

I bet FANG is getting that move he was slated to have in the beta.

Ingrid is on some marvel cosmic shit. Unfortunately .

Eh , they don't say

" cody is the coolest strong guy in the fucking world bow to him"

But there is plenty of implications, and outright confirmations that cody is one of the strongest people, in the entire world of street fighter. And capcom doesn't really hide it. Strongest, no he's on a list. But he's really damn strong.

Cody is strong, but he ain't that strong. He's like above everyone that's not in Ryu's league, but Guy is stronger than him.

He says that every week.

To be fair, this is the first week he's been getting particular about information regarding the changes. That makes me think it's a lot farther along than "coming soon".

Servers are up.

Patch will drop before ELeague

It's coming next week then, because eLeague is on the 27th. So that means info is coming this week, launching next week, and then people play on the 27th.

Which is what I gathered before.

Again, Capcom, can you please put this shit on your official channels?

Yeah, this is what Matt said:

I bet FANG is getting that move he was slated to have in the beta.

Cody is strong, but he ain't that strong. He's like above everyone that's not in Ryu's league, but Guy is stronger than him.

To be fair, this is the first week he's been getting particular about information regarding the changes. That makes me think it's a lot farther along than "coming soon".

Laura's lp elbow bout to be the slowest move in the game. RIP

Village

But are they gonna buff alex, that's the question of the hour. Can we make all his moves plus, just for like a day.

Also nerf fang more, I don't know. I don't like his face.

Eh. Ryu before Street fighter 3, he's bodying ryu free. Ryu During and After SF3, that's a more even match and ryu would Win, and that's not even strength its more ryu's state of mind. Also Guy isn't stronger than, him, guy can't stop him. He just gives friendly advice.

Cody is that strong, but he's never going to train so there is a point. But homeboy talks how he much rather fight monsters. He ain't oro, he will never be oro. But dude is strong as hell, he's so strong he grew bored of fighting "normal" people. And had to actually handicap himself to derive joy...

Oh god, fighting is cody's fetish, that actually explains alot.

Watch Birdies V-Trigger EX Bullhead stay the same.

No way. That goofy shit can stay. Uriens ex tackle gotta go.

But are they gonna buff alex, that's the question of the hour. Can we make all his moves plus, just for like a day.

Also nerf fang more, I don't know. I don't like his face.

Eh. Ryu before Street fighter 3, he's bodying ryu free. Ryu During and After SF3, that's a more even match and ryu would Win, and that's not even strength its more ryu's state of mind. Also Guy isn't stronger than, him, guy can't stop him. He just gives friendly advice.

Cody is that strong, but he's never going to train so there is a point. But homeboy talks how he much rather fight monsters. He ain't oro, he will never be oro. But dude is strong as hell, he's so strong he grew bored of fighting "normal" people. And had to actually handicap himself to derive joy...

Udon's comics have not and will never be canon. Ryu and Cody have never fought. The only people Cody has fought are Guy, Rolento, and Birdie, with Guy being a tie the first time and probably a loss the second time since Guy notes that he's gotten extremely sloppy.

Not saying Cody is strong. But he hasn't done shit to prove he's anywhere near Ryu. Meanwhile, Guy has given Bison pause enough to make him retreat after the latter was in a few fights during Alpha, won against Rose, and bopped filler people like Sodom. Cody might be stronger if he focuses or some dumb shit, but he has yet to prove where his upper limit is at beyond passing comments.

MCD250

I think they should make Laura, like, a little better than she was in S1. Not a lot, but a little. I always got the impression she was mostly solid back then and people were just sleeping on her, and I guess Capcom was sleeping on her too because they waaaay overshot when buffing her. She's a grappler so she should have at least some bullshit though.

Shadoken

mind. Also Guy isn't stronger than, him, guy can't stop him. He just gives friendly advice.

Dont forget JackX said Guy and Cody have a power level over 9000. That means they are pretty close to planet destroying tier. Just wait until Cody gets his Gallick gun as a V Skill.

Also I think Guy might be stronger or maybe equal, at least in the SF Manga he was able to beat Evil Ryu and Vega. Not to mention Guy fights a lot of the upper tier characters like Gen,Bison,Akuma in Alpha 3 as Rivals. Not to mention saving Rose from Bison in SFIV.

Village

Cody is strong

Guy gets slept on by a lot of the SF fanbase for whatever reason. Homie practices an art who's final test is to murder the guy who taught you the thing. He indulges what akuma had to loose his mind to do, willingly.

For ibuki's online, that's cool. More points for me

MCD250

Where does Akuma with a gun rank on the tier list?

C6XY3VdUwAAVLlO.jpg:large

Village

Where does Akuma with a gun rank on the tier list?

pretty high

on the sf teir list, however there are other fighting games like tekken that have people with guns so not that high.

It would make him top teir in a wrestling game though. There aren't any rules for against using a gun in the royal rumble. You would be unstoppable.

Edit: Reddit seems to think an announcement will hit tomorrow. Dunno if they just mean the EVO Japan thing though.

Rashid could use some scaling changes I think.

Nah, the reason the top three need scaling is because they play differently once they hit the triggers. Urien's ARs, Laura's setups, and Rog's v-trigger combos take less work than other characters and do more damage with minimal resources. Rashid, Ibuki, and Akuma all have to put in real work in comparison. I'm always wary of scaling shit unless it's for characters that get stupid shit off it.

Zackat

are there other majors in japan other than TGS? Will EVO Japan be one?

Edit: Reddit seems to think an announcement will hit tomorrow. Dunno if they just mean the EVO Japan thing though.

Nah, the reason the top three need scaling is because they play differently once they hit the triggers. Urien's ARs, Laura's setups, and Rog's v-trigger combos take less work than other characters and do more damage with minimal resources. Rashid, Ibuki, and Akuma all have to put in real work in comparison. I'm always wary of scaling shit unless it's for characters that get stupid shit off it.

yeah I don't think he needs drastic changes, but he seems to need a littttle bit more damage than he gets now.

are there other majors in japan other than TGS? Will EVO Japan be one?

yeah I don't think he needs drastic changes, but he seems to need a littttle bit more damage than he gets now.

I dunno Japan is placing him at Top 5 already, and they called Ibuki! Maybe it's the white life?

Might be about EVO Japan though, but the information about the patch is coming this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom