• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

that was a beta where they didn't put the multiple fireball limit, or she was in v-trigger, wasn't really paying much attention but dunno why you'd post this

incomplete game that we never got to play in that state is hella broken: news at 11

HP Kikoken is on the screen for approximately 44 frames and has a 9f startup. Now imagine if it didn't take 50f of charge to throw out, so she could do it standing and while walking forward. It's what you see in that video to a lesser extent, but a broken one all the same.

Bigg_Oggy

Who does he absorb to get all these powers? Boy seems to get whooped by every one in story mode. I can't imagine him beating...anyone.

Cross posting from the Fighting Game Headquarters thread.

The GDC conference about character design in Street Fighter 5 is live in the GDC Vault: http://gdcvault.com/play/1024558/Art-Direction-of-Street-Fighter

They mention an internal book written by akiman 20 years ago about character design. I wish I could find this book and translate it.

Finished watching this, and that was a really interesting talk. Thanks for sharing!
It would never have occurred to me that you would twist the characters to one side to make the animations look better when viewed from that side, but it makes perfect sense in hind-sight. And thank goodness that they ended up dropping that realistic style.

but he absorbed a basketball player?

CKgD4inWsAAfjcn.jpg

Also y'all be trippin. He only lost to dhalsim and "mu no ken" ryu, both of who are at the toppest of tiers lorewise, only below ingrid, akuma, oro, gill.
That picture of ken getting dunked is accurate to how their fight would play out ;p.

mbpm1

necalli should absorb a character with longer limbs

too bad he didn't know the sim matchup

also fuck kolin for bodying east coast again

I like to think Necaili scales in strength since he's more of calamity than anything. I think Akuma actually kills him though, since it's after Story Mode.

But Rog is not that strong in the story. He did punch an elephant once, but he hasn't done anything notable in terms of strength. He's a B Lister, and pretty much on the lower part of that scale with Vega, Guile, and Chun Li.

Edit: Also, one of the CPT dudes confirmed that they'll have an announcement soon. Which is, again, fine to say, but really should be on an official Twitter at this point.

Stumbled over this while searching for pregnant Necalli:

Explains a lot.

Edit: Also, one of the CPT dudes confirmed that they'll have an announcement soon. Which is, again, fine to say, but really should be on an official Twitter at this point.

Cacpcom gonna Cacpcom.
They already have like 5 different SF related twitter accounts (@SF_Community, @StreetFighter, @CapcomFighters, @SFVServer, and @Shadaloo_CRI), so why not use for that!?

CPT Damon - he was responding to someone.

Edit: My theory is that they want to do this grand thing with an announcement and all that shit. That's fine, really, it is! But at the same time, you gotta let people know it's still coming, however tedious it may seem. Nothing is wrong with reconfirming things, and it's even better when done on the official channel.

Ucchedavāda;232052786 said:
Cacpcom gonna Cacpcom.
They already have like 5 different SF related twitter accounts (@SF_Community, @StreetFighter, @CapcomFighters, @SFVServer, and @Shadaloo_CRI), so why not use for that!?

Maybe they should consolidate some of those

Maybe they should consolidate some of those

They could probably consolidate SFVServer and StreetFighter, since both are English language accounts specifically about SFV. But SF_Community is their Japanese SFVServer equivalent, CapcomFighters is general for Capcom fighting games, and will probably also start seeing regular MvC:I tweets when that is out, and Shadaloo_CRI is a in-universe Shadaloo account.

FluxWaveZ

So the AI loves looking into the future (aka reading your inputs) so that they avoid command grabs 90% of the time. But I have a 100% hit rate using Birdie's dolphin dive. It's so weird that even the AI can't react to it.

LakeEarth

Do they? I wonder if the AI has trouble responding to movement command grab specials like that. I haven't tested Alex's headbutt stuff, but maybe it has trouble with that, too.

The AI is weak against Alex's headbutt, but it doesn't work all the time. Usually they'll block, but sometimes the AI will take a step to cause the headbutt to whiff. Though I've never tried it with the 'improved' headbutts of season 2.

It's not nearly as good as other AI holes that you can abuse, like Urien's knee dive.

myco666

Do they? I wonder if the AI has trouble responding to movement command grab specials like that. I haven't tested Alex's headbutt stuff, but maybe it has trouble with that, too.

Oh definitely has problem with that. I think one strategy to beat Hard Survival with Alex is cr.lp, cr.lp xx headbutt. I also think I beat his Normal Survival by just doing max range headbutt.

Basically every grappler has a move that can cheese the AI.

I breezed through Mika's Hard survival by continuously doing crossup jLK > sLP > LP Rainbow Typhoon, and the only opponents who even tried to get out of it were in the high 40s. Birdie was also the first character I beat Hard mode with; simply by landing a hard knockdown and then using LK Bull Revenger on wakeup without fail.

FluxWaveZ

Basically every grappler has a move that can cheese the AI.

I breezed through Mika's Hard survival by continuously doing crossup jLK > sLP > LP Rainbow Typhoon, and the only opponents who even tried to get out of it were in the high 40s.

Really? The AI will practically always jump out of something like this for me.

Village

Doesn't Balrog beat necalli too

Ingrid? Gtfo too

Ingrid is on some marvel cosmic shit. Unfortunately .

that wasn't confirmed. oni just told cody to quit holding back and he might get somewhere

the real strongest is ed

Eh , they don't say

" cody is the coolest strong guy in the fucking world bow to him"

But there is plenty of implications, and outright confirmations that cody is one of the strongest people, in the entire world of street fighter. And capcom doesn't really hide it. Strongest, no he's on a list. But he's really damn strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom