• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Might be about EVO Japan though, but the information about the patch is coming this week.

That still happening? Haven't heard anything about it yet and it's March. Exciting to see such a major tourney in Japan though and we have been missing thier presence in premier events so I hope it turns out well.

Shadoken

Might be about EVO Japan though, but the information about the patch is coming this week.

But why would EVO Japan be a Capcom/SF announcement? Wouldn't that come from Mr Wizard or something?

Obviously they are a big part of it , but it also has many other games.

That still happening? Haven't heard anything about it yet and it's March. Exciting to see such a major tourney in Japan though and we have been missing thier presence in premier events so I hope it turns out well.

Yeah they just announced more information coming tomorrow. So I guess it can't be that, huh.

Would love to see Gundam Versus on that list but it's not gonna happen. Time to get my passport ready.

But why would EVO Japan be a Capcom/SF announcement? Wouldn't that come from Mr Wizard or something?

Obviously they are a big part of it , but it also has many other games.

That's true. I guess it will be about the patch.

I've heard some rumours about Laura changes from awhile ago.

Some of the changes she got going into S2 no Laura player even asked for in the first place so she can do without lol. All I wanted was a stronger neutral game and better AA's

Capcom: "No."

They kinda did with the st.MK change, giving her more opportunities to link into other normals without counter hit.

AA's stayed pretty trash tho

I keep seeing comments about Laura players are gonna be upset but there's like maybe 6 actual players that used her in S1, the rest are just S1 Mika/Chun players that jumped on the bandwagon who'll end up probably being Ibuki players by 2.5.

FluxWaveZ

AA's stayed pretty trash tho

What, Laura's? HP Bolt Charge is one of the best AAs in the game. st.MP is an okay AA, like other characters generally have.

I keep seeing comments about Laura players are gonna be upset but there's like maybe 6 actual players that used her in S1, the rest are just S1 Mika/Chun players that jumped on the bandwagon who'll end up probably being Ibuki players by 2.5.

If she gets nerfed substantially, it's the bandwagoners who I'll be the most glad to see react.

Urien too. Players of the pure "tier-whoring" variety. If everyone gets normalized properly, it'll be fun to see who the new hotness becomes.

What, Laura's? HP Bolt Charge is one of the best AAs in the game. st.MP is an okay AA, like other characters generally have.

If she gets nerfed substantially, it's the bandwagoners who I'll be the most glad to see react.
HP bolt only works if they're at like the height of their jump or if the opponent is just jumping. It get stuffed out really easily if its done when they're on their way down. Also doesn't work at all for cross ups. Her st.MP is okay yea, my issue with it is that it moves her slightly forward so it works a bit better for farther jumps but that closer area is where it sucks. I wanted it a bit more like Cammy's b.MP where it works really well against cross up attempts.

Bandwagoners are just gonna hop on the next train to top tier ville so I'm not sure why they'd complain or care lol. I still don't think Laura has the track record that shows she deserves to get Mika'd after 4 months of this S2 loketest and the duration of S1 though.

I can definitely see Ibuki being the flavour of the month after the changes. Urien's kit of attacks I think will always keep him strong unless they nerf the properties of his specials harshly.

It's odd. Even when the server is otherwise working perfectly for an entire play session, the very first match will always 40006. There is some serious jank behind the curtains.

FluxWaveZ

HP bolt only works if they're at like the height of their jump or if the opponent is just jumping. It get stuffed out really easily if its done when they're on their way down. Also doesn't work at all for cross ups. Her st.MP is okay yea, my issue with it is that it moves her slightly forward so it works a bit better for farther jumps but that closer area is where it sucks. I wanted it a bit more like Cammy's b.MP where it works really well against cross up attempts.

Bandwagoners are just gonna hop on the next train to top tier ville so I'm not sure why they'd complain or care lol. I still don't think Laura has the track record that shows she deserves to get Mika'd after 4 months of this S2 loketest and the duration of S1 though.

I can definitely see Ibuki being the flavour of the month after the changes. Urien's kit of attacks I think will always keep him strong unless they nerf the properties of his specials harshly.

I guess your issue is that both of the options are not good for cross-up attempts but, hey, not everyone can have that. Mika only has LP Wingless for those situations, but that gets stuffed out too easily... actually, I should try using it more.

I assume that, whoever got comfortable with S2 beta phase Laura will be in for a rude awakening, if the nerfs are there. It's gonna be tough for some not having the easier success they were getting with the character... I'm sure familiar with that feeling. Also, I'm sure there are people who won't be too happy to have shifted to learning a new character just for tier whoring, and then getting their effort removed soon.

I think the thing that makes it obvious that Laura might need to get Mika'd now is just the fundamental part of her gameplay that people hated fighting against with Mika in S1. Track record or no (and I'd argue it's not like Mika was that successful in S1 tournaments), that fast-paced 50/50 with less risk but high reward for a character is something that it seems they made Laura "accidentally" fall into with the changes.

I could see some more Ibukis, but I wonder if she's too technical for people to really attach themselves to her like they did with Urien/Laura/Balrog/Guile in the current meta.

Maybe people just stick to unga bunga'ing and cry about it on Twitter.

PR Rog is gonna salt the earth when they hit Rog with that scaling. I can feel it.

FluxWaveZ

One thing is that Necalli, as was posted about before, is kinda crazy, yet I feel that he constantly remains under the radar that he might not be a focus in the upcoming emergency balance patch. Cammy feels a bit like that, too. Might remain at the top if some of their tools don't get touched.

MCD250

When's Eleague?

Gonna be awkward if they drop a balance-altering patch just before a tournament with a $250,000 prize pool.

I guess your issue is that both of the options are not good for cross-up attempts but, hey, not everyone can have that. Mika only has LP Wingless for those situations, but that gets stuffed out too easily... actually, I should try using it more.

I assume that, whoever got comfortable with S2 beta phase Laura will be in for a rude awakening, if the nerfs are there. It's gonna be tough for some not having the easier success they were getting with the character... I'm sure familiar with that feeling. Also, I'm sure there are people who won't be too happy to have shifted to learning a new character just for tier whoring, and then getting their effort removed soon.

I think the thing that makes it obvious that Laura might need to get Mika'd now is just the fundamental part of her gameplay that people hated fighting against with Mika in S1. Track record or no (and I'd argue it's not like Mika was that successful in S1 tournaments), that fast-paced 50/50 with less risk but high reward for a character is something that it seems they made Laura "accidentally" fall into with the changes.

I could see some more Ibukis, but I wonder if she's too technical for people to really attach themselves to her like they did with Urien/Laura/Balrog/Guile in the current meta.

Yea her HP Bolt reminds me of Mika's non ex wingless airplanes in how they AA. Then Mika has cr.MP and Laura has st.MP which both are good at certain ranges.

I don't know what they could really take away from her that was as fundamental like Mika's clap for the character. +1 Elbow is for sure gone, nobody asked for it etc etc, but that's something S1 Laura players were already used to not having.

If anything, I hope they don't make her worse than her S1 version at least because that'd just be going backwards from being mid tier -> top tier -> low tier then having to be buffed again lol.

Mika was a pretty successful character in S1 lol. Almost 3 in top 8 of Capcom Cup, Won Capcom Cup, 2nd at Evo, Won Canada Cup.

If Necalli remains untouched I think I might be done b
or a necalli player

FluxWaveZ

Mika was a pretty successful character in S1 lol. Almost 3 in top 8 of Capcom Cup, Won Capcom Cup, 2nd at Evo, Won Canada Cup.

Heh, I mean yeah, but I can't just go with that when we're talking about the performance of literally 1-2 players.

When's Eleague?

Gonna be awkward if they drop a balance-altering patch just before a tournament with a $250,000 prize pool.

March 27th. There's that issue, but with about 1 million tournaments going on, it's bound to happen. I feel like the changes and additions to the game should kind of just ignore them unless they're on the verge of a significant major.

One thing is that Necalli, as was posted about before, is kinda crazy, yet I feel that he constantly remains under the radar that he might not be a focus in the upcoming emergency balance patch. Cammy feels a bit like that, too. Might remain at the top if some of their tools don't get touched.

I don't mind Necaili compared to the other top tiers. He's unga, but light on the bunga.

When's Eleague?

27th. Will probably drop the patch a week before that, or on next Tuesday.

I don't mind Necaili compared to the other top tiers. He's unga, but light on the bunga.

27th. Will probably drop the patch a week before that, or on next Tuesday.

Yeah I like Necalli where he is as a character. If more characters were like him and Guile in the game I'd be pretty happy honestly. Although I do find it funny that he slips under the radar while players focus on other characters.

They need to drop the patch at least a week before to give players at least some time to adjust IMO. Things could get sloppy at elague if they release it any later.

Yeah I like Necalli where he is as a character. If more characters were like him and Guile in the game I'd be pretty happy honestly. Although I do find it funny that he slips under the radar while players focus on other characters.

They need to drop the patch at least a week before to give players at least some time to adjust IMO. Things could get sloppy at elague if they release it any later.

Yeah there's no way that shit is coming like on the weekend before eLeague. It's gonna hit next week and it's gonna be a cavalcade of salt, people pretending to drop the game, people switching characters, more salt, new tech, and a pinch more salt.

I'm excited, because after a CPT event or two people will run that shit back to normal.

This is provided they didn't cave into the whiniest parts of the FGC.

mbpm1

His lore sucks. I wanted him to actually look less beast-like when in vtrigger like he got possessed by a demon. However, he's still the same dumb jobber with peanuts for brains.

I wanted more of his moves to actually change bc his nature is supposed to change then but nah

Moaradin

I'm fine with nerfs as long as the characters are still FUN. Like with Urien, I'm fine with losing my 0 on block EX Shoulder and +2 cr.mk, but don't take away all the cool aegis stuff and headbutt loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom