• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't nerf strong characters just buff weak ones and problem solved. For the most part but Its capcom

I'm guessing Urien will be Ryu'd in this patch and fall to below mid-tier. +2 cr.mk can go away (pretty obvious) but once you start fucking with EX shoulder or his other medium buttons it'll start getting bad.

Laura they might take away some frames from her blockstrings, will probably still be no lower than top 10 just based on the game in general favoring characters that can inflict a lot of 50/50 setups on opponents.

They'll probably take some damage off of Rog's ex stuff so he does half your life bar after vtrigger instead of 60%. He'll still be really good.

I could easily see them overbuffing either Alex or Akuma or both, at which point people will wish the meta was still Urien/Laura/Rog/Guile, lol.

People after the patch are going to be like WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST BUFF THE WEAK CHARACTERS CAPCOM FUCKING NEVER LISTENS and completely ignore the fact that people have been hyperbolic about nerfing the top tier in season 2 as if we were talking about third strike or something. In no way has the community been rational about S2, even when confronted with the hard data like a few pages back.

My thoughts on Urien is that they have to reduce his derp factor. That means making his crunch -4 or more on block at all ranges, removing his +2 mk and reducing his damage off off CC by a bit.

I'd be fine if he's still top, just if he's less silly.

Guile and Rog need their damage toning down.

A system-wide change (maybe making normal throws have longer range and faster) would wipe out a lot of remaining problems.

Make throws 3f and buff their range by a bit - no death by shimmy. Compensate by removing throw loops.

Sayad

Make throws 3f and buff their range by a bit - no death by shimmy. Compensate by removing throw loops.
This would be horrible in SFV system where you can't throw tech OS, normals are so slow, 90% of normals move characters throw hurtboxes forward before the attack is active not to mention throws beat normals any way if they land on the same frame.

Okay but all Capcom has to do is buff every character and that will make everyone happy.
But they need to nerf a few characters.
But also no nerfs for anyone.
But please nerf.

Also, how different were the beta changes to the S2 changes? I recall some stuff not making it in.

One change that was in S2 that I'd like to see more of in the future is more combo and juggle opportunities.

Birdie needed it but while Chun didn't need it, it's certainly a darn good change for her. If nothing else, it allows us to have fun with more fancier and higher execution combos.

Some Crush Counters needs to have longer start up. Balrog shouldn't be doing St.HK after a St.HK. What character does a CC after CC?

Urien should't combo his Cr.HP after a CH Medium. This is probably the second dumbest buff next to his Cr.MK

They need to revert Nash's Jump in. How can you go from "yeah we're going to change Light AA to Fuck you Nash we're going to expand your jump in Hurtbox and reduce the Hitbox?"

Doing normal rise should actually be rewarding instead of "He didn't quick rise on my Meaty Thunder Kick, let me Meaty Thunder Kick Again or Let me Meaty Dash in St.MP after my Light Shoulder"

Get rid of Iframes on Bison's EX Devil's Reverse Hands. Why does this move have two Iframes in it's start up and is Safe?

Ken and Ibuki's OH needs to be -6 OB like the other cast.

Some Crush Counters needs to have longer start up. Balrog shouldn't be doing St.HK after a St.HK. What character does a CC after CC?

I'm not sure I understand why that is what you take issue with. Balrog's stHK is +3 on block, so you shouldn't be pressing buttons after blocking it, anyway. If you want to tone down that button, then make it less plus on block.

I feel like a kid in a car asking "are we there yet" with regards to this patch. Jeeze.

Today is likely the EVO Japan news - probably of Capcom financial support for it...

So next week is the big patch I guess. :/ I just want to know how badly they are going to nerf Birdie.

chunli_glamour_by_artgerm-datxsnw.jpg
*passes out*

http://artgerm.deviantart.com/art/Chunli-Glamour-654947420

MCD250

Okay but all Capcom has to do is buff every character and that will make everyone happy.
But they need to nerf a few characters.
But also no nerfs for anyone.
But please nerf.

Also, how different were the beta changes to the S2 changes? I recall some stuff not making it in.
I seem to recall some pros reporting things in the PSX build of the game that didn't make it into the S2 patch (Cammy having an air throw is the biggest one I recall). Maybe some of those things will be brought back with the new patch.

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;232108138 said:
That is really great.

It's a shame that Capcom has only released the Summer costume that Akiman designed, the other ones (and that one in particular) look great too:

is that wedding dress chun

Femto.

Nah, the reason the top three need scaling is because they play differently once they hit the triggers. Urien's ARs, Laura's setups, and Rog's v-trigger combos take less work than other characters and do more damage with minimal resources. Rashid, Ibuki, and Akuma all have to put in real work in comparison. I'm always wary of scaling shit unless it's for characters that get stupid shit off it.

Laura top three? Where's Guile?

That dude is perfect in almost every way.

Laura top three? Where's Guile?

That dude is perfect in almost every way.

I meant top three who play their own game, mostly. Guile is fine, the shit he does is way more honest than the other three I mentioned. And people aren't too mad about him showing up as much as the others.

Ucchedavāda;232109168 said:
There's a surprising amount of Juri x Chun-Li shipping out there.

Juri x Chun-Li is right up there with Junkrat x Mercy as the weirdest shipping.

Pharmercy is the real ship.

Femto.

I meant top three who play their own game, mostly. Guile is fine, the shit he does is way more honest than the other three I mentioned. And people aren't too mad about him showing up as much as the others.

Fair enough, I'm just fearful that Capcom will gutter the others (Rog, Urien, Laura) because of community outcry. Keep them strong but make them fair, can Capcom do that? We'll see.

Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom