• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mei x Junkrat is weirder

Weirder than Akuma x Necalli?
ICzdVmqr.jpg

Village

Everyone talking about the wedding dress. Fuck that

Why is Chun Li cosplaying as Kairi from KH in one of those

Chun li's going to marry some dude from interpol we never heard of, and it will be mildly disappointing for everyone involved that isn't chun li and that guy.

I've seen weirder ships. There are a group of people who took... the wrong message from jessica jones's show.

mbpm1

I guess a lot of people see an appeal in the idea of an evil Korean lesbian and a prim and proper Chinese cop lady.

they have their parallels

both kick you, both have/had decent limbs, both had their parents killed by Bipson, both have hairbuns

Village

I guess a lot of people see an appeal in the idea of an evil Korean lesbian and a prim and proper Chinese cop lady.

I guess, but we don't know what sexuality juri is... she just seems to get off on hurting people. Regardless of what gender you are. Her win quotes seem to indicate as much.

I think Mei x Junkrat is weirder
I mean it's not a good shipping either but I can sorta see the appeal.

Chinese Ice Lady and Australian Fire/explosion guy. She's all lawful good and he's all chaotic good.

Ucchedavāda;232110044 said:
Weirder than Akuma x Necalli?
ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew

Freaking Necalli.

Will E.Honda ever find love?

E. Honda will have the same success as Ganryu
http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Ganryu
Ganryu is a playable character in the sequel, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Ending Description: Ganryu was secretly peeking inside Julia's room. He saw Julia's mask. He managed to enter the room discreetly. However, he is aware that he shouldn't do that. Then Ganryu continues peeking at her room, and she is still having a shower. Not long after it, Lei Wulong suddenly appears and arrests him; he thinks that Ganryu is charged with voyeurism, though Ganryu refuses to believe this.

Zackat

SFV hitting it's stride? Show me the footprints pls.

The new characters are cool but other than that there has been fuck all done lol.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Necalli was made when they had a different vision for what characters can do I think

I kinda feel like he was meant to be an anti-shoto archetype. You really don't want to keep him at range, he'll just build v-trigger and become unstoppable.

Pompadour

I remember on the Japanese SSF4 site one of Juri's likes was "big boobs" so it may be less complex than that.

They removed that tidbit eventually, though.

Fair enough, I'm just fearful that Capcom will gutter the others (Rog, Urien, Laura) because of community outcry. Keep them strong but make them fair, can Capcom do that? We'll see.

Probably not.

We will see. one of the Capcops said Rog isn't getting completely gutted, though Laura players will have to sit down (then again, I don't think that equates to a complete gutting, just enough to stop relying on bullshit).

The problem is people get all pissy about characters that are top tier and go too far calling for nerfs. Like, if they scaled some stuff down, deployed a few nerfs here and there, and brought back v-reversals, people would still complain because they want the characters to be FANG tier.

So either this patch normalizes everything and we have to hear whining from people who didn't get what they unreasonably want, or this patch fucks everything up to appease people who refuse to adapt and spend time in the lab.

Standing MP (Normal/V-Trigger)
Expanded the forward hitbox

They actually did the madmen. Daigo going back to Ryu.

Urien
Vitality
Reduced from 1025 to 1000
Crouching MK
Advantage on block changed from +2F to -2F
Jumping LK
Expanded the hitbox downwards
EX Dangerous Headbutt
Increased the recovery on whiff from 15F to 25F
EX Chariot Tackle
Increased the disadvantage on block from 0F to -2F
Reduced the pushback distance on block

Dropped.

These are some really nicely written and explained balance notes. Great work!

But wait, patch out end of April? That's much further out than anyone anticipated.

Edzi

So Alex's light elbow is now completely safe, and some of his normals are slightly faster with better recovery. I was hoping for a slight cr. MP buff as well, but at least he got some more health.

They didn't give any date.

Yeah, I just saw that. Damn, end of April is pretty far though.

So, a few things.

The DP change is fine. I would rather it stay the same, but I guess that's a good middle ground.
Does this mean v-reversals are decent? Doesn't seem that way.
A lot less nerfs than I thought were going to happen on top tiers. I would have liked some scaling, but then again, this seems to be more about buffing characters rather than applying nerfs.
Damn, even FANG got buffs.
New moves on Sim and Cammy, with the latter kinda confirming that beta was probably where they were going with this whole thing.
Nash got buffs too.

Yeah, it seems like they went a decent route this time, but time will tell. It also seems like this isn't the end of the fixes either. And since it's coming in April, that means more time for changes.

HardRojo

Just read on fb they posted the new balance update. Hopefully they buffed Nash a bit and didn't take Urien's tools away. Still not sure who I might end up maining.

Ryce

New moves:

Cammy - Neck Spiral (air throw)
Dhalsim - Thrust Kick (down-forward + MK)
Zangief - Harasho Choke Slam (throw to crouching opponent), Flying Head Butt (up + HK during neutral jump), Tundra Storm (DP + P, counters horizontal kicks)

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom