• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Just read on fb they posted the new balance update. Hopefully they buffed Nash a bit and didn't take Urien's tools away. Still not sure who I might end up maining.
Urien got nerfed, but it wasn't as bad as some (myself included) were expecting. As long as all of the changes are like what Capcom said here, Urien's changes seem pretty fair.

no changes for chun

rip

Characters having lower health means she doesn't have to work as hard to kill. Go1's fights against Rog would have ended sooner if the patch was around.

Biggest problem with this patch is that I have to dick around with a shitty Akuma for like a whole month, and that this patch will trigger my character crisis dilemma again.

Edzi

So what does the Laura change mean? Can she no longer get meaty elbows on knockdown?

Also, it seems like they're finally living up to the "buff weak characters, leave strong characters alone" philosophy (along with some much needed normalization on Urien). Whether or not the buffs are enough for characters like Alex and FANG remains to be seen though.

mbpm1

I feel like Juri's change to lp dp being her throw escape option is significant, but I haven't played Juri in a bit

It feels like a safer middle ground to blow up techs and throws now.

the dp changes feel weird, dp's have changed a lot in the course of sfv

Slight Input Delay >>> SFV's Netcode. This game does the opposite of what Rollback is suppose to do. Instead of the controls being unresponsive, it's frames being unsync by half a second which is no better then delayed based netcode. It makes it impossible to react to M.Bison's Dash in CC and doing meaties and other things while at ADV is gone as well. I don't know how many times I hit Dhalsim just for him to teleport out when I see hit sparks and the game rollback him in his favor.

I would play KI but DS4 Windows has issues with the game and Microsoft just wants me to by an Xbox Controller.

Edzi

Karin untouched, Cammy mostly the same but now has an air throw and her invincible DP back. Today is a good day.

I thought DPs still weren't invincible? They just made LP throw invincible, MP air invincible, and HP fully invincible from frame 3.

Still has meaty elbows, but they shouldn't be +1 on block after certain situations anymore.

If you're a 4f character you're still screwed tho

Damn it.

HardRojo

Urien got nerfed, but it wasn't as bad as some (myself included) were expecting. As long as all of the changes are like what Capcom said here, Urien's changes seem pretty fair.
Yeah, just read it and I can definitely live with that. The change to EX headbutt is whatever, and honestly I agree with it, playing with Nash on Season 1 taught me to block and not throw DPs randomly, so it doesn't affect me as much, in fact people can't complain now about not being able to punish him because he recovered too fast to react. I wonder if they increased recovery on block too, I suppose they did.

HiResDes

Love these changes mostly, Cammy unchanged. Alex got a little help, don't play him, but love watching good ones. They didn't give Ryu quite enough help though I don't think.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like Cammy only got buffs? Isn't jump back OS removal a decent buff to most characters with fast walk speed?
I don't even know what the OS removal means for the game. I feel like that's another one of these big changes where we will soon realise what it means and then people will ask for another patch lol

Nerf Cammy

Love these changes mostly, Cammy unchanged. Alex got a little help, don't play him, but love watching good ones. They didn't give Ryu quite enough help though I don't think.

The hurtbox extensions were good, but maybe adding more damage to the fireballs or making them do something different would have been nice.

And am I reading this wrong, or did v-reversals not return to their former glory?

It will come before evo...believe

Always when do we hear about the next character?

MindofKB

Truth be told, this is a great looking balance patch.

I'm optimistic for future balance patches after reading this. Knowing that Capcom is willing to revert changes and add moves is a great feeling.

FluxWaveZ

I don't even know what the OS removal means for the game. I feel like that's another one of these big changes where we will soon realise what it means and then people will ask for another patch lol

What it means is immediately apparent. Characters who have a strong throw game have been given an indirect buff, just like grapplers were given with the removal of all-around invincible DPs. Removal of the throw OS also is an indirect buff to grapplers. The guessing game will be a lot more intense for an opponent when you're in their face. They can't just do the OS to evade everything; they'll have to either eat a throw or try to tech the throw and potentially get counter hit. No third option of "evade the situation altogether" anymore.

MCD250

CAMMY AIR THROW B O I S

Buff to her EX DP too. Cammy straight up a character who started being high tier and just kept getting buffed further with each patch.

ElFly

So Urien was basically reverted to s1?

Always felt he was really good in s1, just that peeps didn't put in the time, and that the good chars in S1 were just too good

He will still be one of the top tier, just maybe not the very best

Pompadour

I'm glad Rog survived and the nerfs made sense for him. The Shoryuken changes are the most appreciated because those moves seemed pretty pointless after S2.

The new moves give me hope for more substantial updates like Super SF4. I assumed we were doomed to frame tweaking for V's lifespan.

Ucchedavāda;232115178 said:
They fixed what looks like a bug with crouching V-reversals, but that's it.

Okay, that's probably the only thing I take issue with in a large fashion. Was really hoping to see defensive measures get better in this game. Not a huge deal breaker considering it seems like most of the cast is getting their toolsets so they can work again, but still.

ElFly

It's interesting that they added moves. Reveals a little more budget for what could have been largely some number fudging here and there

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What it means is immediately apparent. Characters who have a strong throw game have been given an indirect buff, just like grapplers were given with the removal of all-around invincible DPs. Removal of the throw OS also is an indirect buff to grapplers. The guessing game will be a lot more intense for an opponent when you're in their face. They can't just do the OS to evade everything; they'll have to either eat a throw or try to tech the throw and potentially get counter hit. No third option of "evade the situation altogether" anymore.
I mean, obviously the simple meaty/throw 50/50 is stronger because of it. But I feel like this could change whole match-ups, because that simple loop could lead to different combo enders or a preference for corner carries instead of damage for some characters.
Not that simple in my opinion.

But honestly, it's a high level of play change. I rarely see it online anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom