• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

I wonder how Gief's new moves will affect the Sim matchup

Dunno. The counter is for horizontal kicks? So Dhalsim could just avoid those. I feel the counter should help against birdie, and Nash, two still difficult MUs, but Dhalsim should remain superior

Unless the headbutt has wonky properties, but you still need to jump neutral for it which is hella risk

HardRojo

Something has to be done about Bison's EX DR. If I block it one way he has no reason to immediately appear on the other side as if the attack had been a cross up, that's really stupid considering his moves tend to have a lot of frame advantage already.

Very interested to see what these new moves Gief got. Nerfed his lariat though. Made it so his hurtbox and hitbox are at the same position so it sounds like if used as an AA it's gonna trade or get stuffed even more than it already does. And he won't hit crouching opponents during the 2nd and 3rd rotations.

mbpm1

I wanna know what Gief's new throw does. Also what does Dhalsim's new cr move look like

Also gef's air headbutt better do like a million stun like before

FluxWaveZ

I mean, obviously the simple meaty/throw 50/50 is stronger because of it. But I feel like this could change whole match-ups, because that simple loop could lead to different combo enders or a preference for corner carries instead of damage for some characters.
Not that simple in my opinion.

But honestly, it's a high level of play change. I rarely see it online anyway.

Well, an example is this:

I'm playing Balrog and I land a j.MK. I follow it up with st.MK. Now, I could go for a low dash punch for the KD and oki. I could do the TC to get some V-Trigger bar instead. Or I could do HP Dash Punch, which leaves me at the perfect distance to attempt a throw. Before this change, that would often get teched because of the OS. After the change, the throw will definitely be more successful, because I could instead go for a st.HK or a st.MK, and they'll have to be definitely sure I wouldn't go for the throw instead, or else they'll get CH.

So, yeah, that will change some block strings and confirm routes. It just comes down to the fact that normal throws are much stronger now, so everything branches out from there.

DPs changing is the only thing that can really be considered a nerf. I should go back to playing him lol.

Oh yeah, that's true. He's super fun, I just need to get better at throwing out Blasts while standing.

Something has to be done about Bison's EX DR. If I block it one way he has no reason to immediately appear on the other side as if the attack had been a cross up, that's really stupid considering his moves tend to have a lot of frame advantage already.

Nah, he has no overhead, shitty walkspeed, and has to use meter.

In response, it's best to try and dash under it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJeNTJy07Ok

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/Shine_NYC/status/842047767635726336

They totally nerfed Juri. This is kind of funny...and sad.

He's one of the product marketing managers at Capcom US.
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Well, an example is this:

I'm playing Balrog and I land a j.MK. I follow it up with st.MK. Now, I could go for a low dash punch for the KD and oki. I could do the TC to get some V-Trigger bar instead. Or I could do HP Dash Punch, which leaves me at the perfect distance to attempt a throw. Before this change, that would often get teched because of the OS. After the change, the throw will definitely be more successful, because I could instead go for a st.HK or a st.MK, and they'll have to be definitely sure I wouldn't go for the throw instead, or else they'll get CH.

So, yeah, that will change some block strings and confirm routes. It just comes down to the fact that normal throws are much stronger now, so everything branches out from there.
Would you agree that we might see more backdashes now?

FluxWaveZ

Not...really? Only her jab took the hit

I'd say that's relatively big, though. Like, one of the notable things she had going for her was the AA jab that somehow remained. Now she doesn't have that.

Would you agree that we might see more backdashes now?

Nope, because backdash means CH state. Everyone will know that people are more scared of throws, especially those with a strong throw game like grapplers and Cammy, so those players will sense that fear and throw out an attack instead to CC or get a CH combo. It's a similar philosophy as backdashing against a V-Triggered Laura and getting CC'd by an elbow to the face.

https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/842058391702794240

It's like everyone opening gifts and being happy and you get socks.

So super hot take:
Top tiers easier to kill/less bullshit but still fun stuff.
Low tiers looking a lot better and are viable now, jury is still out on Juri
Everyone has more tools to play with
We were in beta the whole time
Character variety is going to be better
Annndddd I'll be sitting in training mode until Akuma gets that health.

Back Dash OS throw still exists but it's a lot harder to input, especially when under pressure. Also riskier because you can be crush countered.

Players might just move to doing that tbh

mbpm1

https://twitter.com/DopeBoyPackz/status/842057604033609729
I guess the OS is still in!?

Her jab was one of the best still in the game, it forced you to play the ground game more against her where she is strong. And she didn't really get any buffs. I don't know man...

Meh, this is a change that I can get behind. Actually usable non trading MP DP is better imo

It's not like I wouldn't miss it, but this is fine.

the pinwheel change excites me inordinately. You go to tech and then BAM pinwheel, instantly shifting the mixup situation to her at +2. I'm probably overhyping it but that sounds nice

Also if I'm reading this right, they also buffed FANG's st.lp AA in a way.

Also holy shit, I just realized. St.HP now being 7 frames means that combined with cr.mk's +3 oB, st.hp is now an ACTUAL CC fish (against 4-framers).

They slaughtered Urien's EX tackle. Move is fuckin useless now unless you cancel into V-trigger. Why would I waste a meter to put myself point blank and -2 in my opponents face when only have a 4 frame normal and a reversal that's can be option selected at -2. Balrog gets to be +1 with a 3 frame normal though, Sick.

c.mk nerf means your opponent now gets a free v-revesal on block making c.mk into Aegis really bad like season 1.

Other nerfs are whatever. They removed utility from his moveset instead of needing damage like they should have. Typical shit balancing from Capcom. Meanwhile Laura, Balrog, and Ibuki didn't even get touched.

Edzi

They slaughtered Urien's EX tackle. Move is fuckin useless now unless you cancel into V-trigger. Why would I waste a meter to put myself point blank and -2 in my opponents face when only have a 4 frame normal and a reversal that's can be option selected at -2. Balrog gets to be +1 with a 3 frame normal though, Sick.

c.mk nerf means your opponent now gets a free v-revesal on block making c.mk into Aegis really bad like season 1.

Other nerfs are whatever. They removed utility from his moveset instead of needing damage like they should have. Typical shit balancing from Capcom. Meanwhile Laura, Balrog, and Ibuki didn't even get touched.

Maybe don't throw it out in the first place if you think it's gonna get blocked? Urien's balance changes make sense and still let him keep his fun factor and playability. You seem like you were just relying entirely on the cheap stuff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That move has everything, it should've never been 0 on block. "Useless"...

Oh and I'm pretty sure the cr.mk change doesn't affect V-Reversaling it. That had more to do with the change they made to that whole mechanic.

That move has everything, it should've never been 0 on block. "Useless"...

Everything it has ZERO properties bro. It has not projectile invincibility not attack invincibility. It has a gap you can interrupt with a DP. When it hits it soft KDs and he has not way to cover all 3 get ups. The move didn't give you advantage as it was. He was 0 a half a character space away with a 4 frame normal. Now he is literally in a the worse situation possible for him. Why the hell would I use EX tackle when my normal tackle is +1 and doesn't put me in mix up range?

Edzi

Everything it has ZERO properties bro. It has not projectile invincibility not attack invincibility. It has a gap you can interrupt with a DP. When it hits it soft KDs and he has not way to cover all 3 get ups. The move didn't give you advantage as it was. He was 0 a half a character space away with a 4 frame normal. Now he is literally in a the worse situation possible for him. Why the hell would I use EX tackle when my normal tackle is +1 and doesn't put me in mix up range?

Again, maybe the point is that you shouldn't be throwing it out randomly in neutral to begin with.

No need to be so salty, your character is still good.

It's almost as if it was never meant to be used just randomly while in neutral. Hmm.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Your normal tackles are all atleast -5!?

They took away super random BS in neutral from a character who is really good in neutral already. You won't find many tears about this one lol

MCD250

Kinda crazy how they're putting in new moves with this patch but didn't with the December one. You'd think, since that was the more substantial one...

I wonder if this will be the model from now on too. Do a balance patch at the end of the season, gather data for a couple of months then do a "refinement" patch shortly after.

I really think they are pretending to have more changes in the back in order to gauge reaction on this. Like, "oh yeah by the way Juri got more buffs lol :)" . They did say this isn't the finalized list.

You ain't playing me, Capcom.

lol Art says he's triggered about Cammy buffs.

loooooooooool my dude is mad.

Kinda crazy how they're putting in new moves with this patch but didn't with the December one. You'd think, since that was the more substantial one...

I wonder if this will be the model from now on too. Do a balance patch at the end of the season, gather data for a couple of months then do a "refinement" patch shortly after.

Doubt it. I feel like Capcom might go with a testing period to iron out stuff, or at least be more open to applying a patch if necessary, but not consistent.

mbpm1

Yeah, I'm def more excited for this patch than S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom