• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Just noticed that Nephtes popped into the patch thread to complain about Capcom changing Ibuki's moveset in SFV. It's like clock-work, they do it every single time there's a thread about SFV.

Spuck-uk

Banned
They slaughtered Urien's EX tackle. Move is fuckin useless now unless you cancel into V-trigger. Why would I waste a meter to put myself point blank and -2 in my opponents face when only have a 4 frame normal and a reversal that's can be option selected at -2. Balrog gets to be +1 with a 3 frame normal though, Sick.

c.mk nerf means your opponent now gets a free v-revesal on block making c.mk into Aegis really bad like season 1.

Why indeed would you use a move that goes 2/3rds the screen with 7 frame startup and is completely safe on block, hmmmm..

Pompadour

Kinda crazy how they're putting in new moves with this patch but didn't with the December one. You'd think, since that was the more substantial one...

I wonder if this will be the model from now on too. Do a balance patch at the end of the season, gather data for a couple of months then do a "refinement" patch shortly after.

They should. People hate annual balance patches and hate constant patching. This seems like a nice middle ground.

Spuck-uk

Banned
ooooh

I didn't think of this

Vega got indeed mad buffs

any Vega mains wanting to comment on this? the crouching claw HP in particular is crazy now

When I do play, I play Vega mostly.

They didn't really solve any of the problems he has*, but they gave him some new combos from claw stance, and there's a reason for claw cr.hp to exist now, which is nice.

*awful hurtboxes on pokes, is mostly a worse Urien.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;232117940 said:
LOL. Just noticed that Nephtes popped into the patch thread to complain about Capcom changing Ibuki's moveset in SFV. It's like clock-work, they do it every single time there's a thread about SFV.

Nephtes is obsessed over losing the sliding neckbreaker. Capcom should send them an Ibuki body pillow to make amends.

FluxWaveZ

And, yeah, Cammy essentially got buffed from all this.

Man, I don't know about this at all. The Urien changes are needed, but I really wonder if their talk about matches being closer because of tighter balance will pan out with this.

mooncakes

No new moves for Ibuki. BibleThump

It cool to see Urien not getting nerfed too hard. I wanted whiff ex-headbutt to have more recovery on whiff and I got it!

Femto.

Wow someone with a brain here. Glad I'm not the only competent person on this forum.

Yeah, you won't find sympathy here for the EX tackle nerf (a fair nerf to say the least). It's almost as if it wasn't intended to randomly throw out in neutral.

I will say though, Rog and Laura got off the hook for idk what fucking reason.

ElFly

I don't play Vega but I wish the rolling crystal still hit with the claw instead of the weird flip kick, on claw mode

mostly due to aesthetics

mbpm1

I was getting used to fighting hard mode Urien tho

Oh well

The one thing you can say bout sfiv is that nothing in sfv will make me as mad as elena.

Ms. "I do low and I'm unsafe except if I do the other two versions of low which will hit you if you try to punish so actually I'm mostly safe and then I just hit you high"

Yeah, you won't find sympathy here for the EX tackle nerf (a fair nerf to say the least). It's almost as if it wasn't intended to randomly throw out in neutral.

I will say though, Rog and Laura got off the hook for idk what fucking reason.

Rog having lower health, with everyone else getting buffs, could mean that you can kill Rogs faster so they can't just fully unga bunga through your shit. Scaling on moves would have been better in my eyes though.

Why indeed would you use a move that goes 2/3rds the screen with 7 frame startup and is completely safe on block, hmmmm..

First of all it's 8 frames and that's only if you're close enough to catch it on the first active , second it has zero properties just like Bisons's ex scissor or Balrog's dash punch, all of of which are plus and leave them at advantage. Bison get's freak hard KD and his is plus. Both those characters have 3 frame normals as well. It should 100% be safe. Moves like that are never unsafe or put you in a bad spot unless they have some sort of property like armor or projectile invincibility.

You can go down the list of a million moves, EX sonic boom, EX fireball, EX scissors, EX Dash punch, EX Rekka, EX Mantis slash, all of them do not put you at ultra disadvantage on block.

BTW you guys are missing the point, I still have EX-fireball. It can still do the same shit as before, the point is that the move is now useless. That's an issue when you remove tools from characters.

Only significant nerf is the c.mk one. Utility wise EX tackle nerf is dumb.

Nephtes is obsessed over losing the sliding neckbreaker. Capcom should send them an Ibuki body pillow to make amends.

It's hilarious. They have literally blamed the troubled state of SFV on Capcom removing a couple of moves from Ibuki, and before that they have blamed the poor sales of SFV on Ibuki not being in the game. Capcom gotta have to send them a lot of body pillows.

ElFly

And, yeah, Cammy essentially got buffed from all this.

Man, I don't know about this at all. The Urien changes are needed, but I really wonder if their talk about matches being closer because of tighter balance will pan out with this.

top tiers are still top tiers I think? Laura may suffer a little and Urien will need to be more careful, but they are all still really good. other chars got buffs so...it's all we asked for?

wonder if Daigo will go back to Ryu's arms now hahaha only until he loses again

Femto.

Rog having lower health, with everyone else getting buffs, could mean that you can kill Rogs faster so they can't just fully unga bunga through your shit. Scaling on moves would have been better in my eyes though.

That's one less fireball to throw his way. Akuma has a chance now...maybe?

FluxWaveZ

top tiers are still top tiers I think? Laura may suffer a little and Urien will need to be more careful, but they are all still really good. other chars got buffs so...it's all we asked for?

"The top tiers remaining top tiers" is not what I would wish for. Unless you main one, the hope should be for everyone to have the same power level while retaining their uniqueness.

Edzi

"The top tiers remaining top tiers" is not what I would wish for. Unless you main one, the hope should be for everyone to have the same power level while retaining their uniqueness.

I feel like this patch will bring us closer to that though. It's a good start imo.

Pompadour

So what do we get from the new balance patch? Can anyone summarize it? Is ryu becoming a top tier again? Is Juri still low tier?

April.

Generally, the patch is giving people what they want vaguely (unless you're ZtS). None of the changes are crazy so it's more like characters are being nudged in the appropriate direction but it's too early to tell what impact these changes will have.

Plus, some new moves.

Remember that Akuma also got slightly more health. Together, these changes reduced the health difference between the two by 33% (from 150 to 100). That probably will make a difference in close matches.

Durden77

These changes are so exciting and seem legit smart for the most part.

I think sometimes people forget that this game is barley a year old. It still has a long road before it reaches it's full potential. And I can't wait to see it if they keep being keen to it like this.

Skilletor

Everyone kind stopped responding after I tried to set up the stream. We can do it again if you are so inclined. PM box is open.

Nah, I want nothing to do with you.

Was just curious if it happened.

These changes are so exciting and seem legit smart for the most part.

I think sometimes people forget that this game is barley a year old. It still has a long road before it reaches it's full potential. And I can't wait to see it if they keep being keen to it like this.

The fact that they are adding new moves and animations has me really excited.

Femto.

Ucchedavāda;232119228 said:
Remember that Akuma also got slightly more health. Together, these changes reduced the health difference between the two by 33% (from 150 to 100). That probably will make a difference in close matches.

Yeah, I was personally hoping for 950 so he can get V-trigger sooner, but this has me considering to put Akuma back in rotation.

ElFly

eeeh dunno

I mean, yeah, what you say is the platonic ideal, but on the other hand, achieving that is not simple. SFV is already very balanced and I feel it is better to advance slowly to an even playing field. top tiers still got what made them top -damage and tools- but got a little nerfs so as to keep them fun to play and not unfair

everyone else was pushed a little upwards. sure, they are still not top tier, but that's better than the alternative of overcompensating and making them OP

as long as each season ends up more balanced than the last, we are ok. S2 was more balanced than S1 I feel, and with S2.5 it should be even better. if S3 is a similar improvement, that'd be great too

I think the main problem right now is the people who are at the bottom and didn't get buffed enough. it's odd that Chun wasn't touched but maybe she is ok right now? yesterday I had people telling me she is ok so what do I know. Are the Nash buffs enough to make him viable again? FANG? Alex?

(I main gief)

The way I see it, Rogs come back from having a little health once they hit v-trigger. His health buff isn't big on its own, but it let's him survive and mount a stupid comeback. On the flipside, the other person has to work even harder to get that renaming amount off him.

Now, Rogs can't unga and bunga as hard, because that comeback might not be so great. Akuma takes off tons of damage, and combos that couldn't finish before are going to now. Additionally, though Akuma is still paper, he can survive longer, and possibly be more risky.

So, my hope is, Rogs have to think a little harder about getting into trigger, because fucking it up and eating an optimal combo leads to death faster than before. While Go1 was fighting a Rog, there were a couple of times he could have closed it out if Rog had a little less health. I still prefer scaling, but this ain't bad.

Additionally, that means crazier Akumas can play a little bit more without worrying as much. That means more playstyles in terms of not having to be safe all the time.

See, it's the little things that I like.

Haha I really don't think Urien was so good to deserve that gutting to his arsenal, but I'm not gonna complain. EX headbutt worst reversal confirmed.

Rog has gotten away with murder.

If Akuma has 900 health now, what about my girl Karin? She could use some supplements. Girl gets cut through like a cardboard standee despite not having a reliable AA.

Kikirin

Yes,he SHOULD still be able to do most of the same stuff, including the S2 ability to link st.lp to st.hp on counter hit.

He's never been stronger!

There's some new stuff too! With st.hp now being 7f startup we can link CH st.lk and cr.mk into st.hp! Coward crouch > kick can link into cr.mp on regular hit! st.lk and cr.mk into st.mk on regular hit!

The change to st.lp's second active frame could potentially lead to losing some distance-dependent links (notably to st.hp).

I'm not sure how to interpret that 1f "hit hold" change though. Is that increased hitstop which both sides get? Or is it increased hitstun that only the opponent gets? The former interpretation doesn't really seem to be worth mentioning, but the latter sounds highly unusual too.

Femto.

The way I see it, Rogs come back from having a little health once they hit v-trigger. His health buff isn't big on its own, but it let's him survive and mount a stupid comeback. On the flipside, the other person has to work even harder to get that renaming amount off him.

Now, Rogs can't unga and bunga as hard, because that comeback might not be so great. Akuma takes off tons of damage, and combos that couldn't finish before are going to now. Additionally, though Akuma is still paper, he can survive longer, and possibly be more risky.

So, my hope is, Rogs have to think a little harder about getting into trigger, because fucking it up and eating an optimal combo leads to death faster than before. While Go1 was fighting a Rog, there were a couple of times he could have closed it out if Rog had a little less health. I still prefer scaling, but this ain't bad.

Additionally, that means crazier Akumas can play a little bit more without worrying as much. That means more playstyles in terms of not having to be safe all the time.

Imagine how much more ham Sako can go now.

Really excited to see these changes be put to use by pros.

ElFly

I feel Akuma and Balrog's health changes will make v little difference

Balrog escaped surprisingly unscathed and could even be buffed depending on how the general systems changes affect him. certainly he doesn't have to worry about Gief's new kick counter

Edzi

I feel Akuma and Balrog's health changes will make v little difference

Balrog escaped surprisingly unscathed and could even be buffed depending on how the general systems changes affect him. certainly he doesn't have to worry about Gief's new kick counter

I thought the same at the beginning of S2, but those 25 point health changes actually ended up being pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom