• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Akuma and Balrog's health changes will make v little difference

Balrog escaped surprisingly unscathed and could even be buffed depending on how the general systems changes affect him. certainly he doesn't have to worry about Gief's new kick counter
We will see. It's sometimes the difference between a kill or not.

But hey this ain't all the changes. Maybe we'll get more nerfs on him.

There's some new stuff too! With st.hp now being 7f startup we can link CH st.lk and cr.mk into st.hp! Coward crouch > kick can link into cr.mp on regular hit! st.lk and cr.mk into st.mk on regular hit!

The change to st.lp's second active frame could potentially lead to losing some distance-dependent links (notably to st.hp).

I'm not sure how to interpret that 1f "hit hold" change though. Is that increased hitstop which both sides get? Or is it increased hitstun that only the opponent gets? The former interpretation doesn't really seem to be worth mentioning, but the latter sounds highly unusual too.
Didn't realize that!

st.lk on CH seems KINDA pointless, what with it being a 6-frame light.

But that cr.mk buff is awesome, and so is that cowards crouch buff.

Almost everything can now combo into st.hp on CH, which is a damn good idea.

ElFly

I thought the same at the beginning of S2, but those 25 point health changes actually ended up being pretty big.

eeeh S2 did a lot more changes to Balrog so it is hard to judge those 25 points alone

We will see. It's sometimes the difference between a kill or not.

this is all the changes I think?

"Our goal is not to weaken the stronger cast members, but to strengthen those who we felt weren't faring as well as we would like to see"

Nerfs across the board for top 5.

The two craziest things for me in this patch is that they doubled down on Cammy buffs and that Rog was basically completely left alone relative to Urien, Guile and Laura. The nerf they gave him just means you see see V-trigger 60% damage combo quicker each round.

On paper I don't see how a Rog/Cammy meta is better than the S2 Rog/Laura/Guile/Urien meta, but we'll see how it plays out

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like these tiny health adjustments are more of a statistical look at a character. They will change 5.5-4.5 match-ups to 5.4-4.6 or whatever but won't actually influence how the game is being played. It's smart if they're happy with the current state of a character.

Source?

Edzi

"Our goal is not to weaken the stronger cast members, but to strengthen those who we felt weren't faring as well as we would like to see"

The two craziest things for me in this patch is that they doubled down on Cammy buffs and that Rog was basically completely left alone relative to Urien, Guile and Laura. The nerf they gave him just means you see see V-trigger 60% damage combo quicker each round.

On paper I don't see how a Rog/Cammy meta is better than the S2 Rog/Laura/Guile/Urien meta, but we'll see how it plays out

None of the top tier nerfs were unnecessary, they still have everything that made them strong.

I don't really like the author very much
It’s easy to forget when you’re reading a big spreadsheet of characters’ cooldown rates that, hey, fighting games are also about which characters look cool.

C5O0ekGVUAA_haI.jpg:large

Followed her on twitter for a week and it was a mistake tbh.

Pompadour

The nerfs were very mild and their gameplans remain intact. They were nudged down slightly in the tier list.

But I really hate that argument and Capcom should avoid quotes like that to avoid people throwing it back in their faces. You can't just buff and buff and never nerf or everyone would slowly become DBZ characters. If a character had an unblockable ToD should the balance update give every character one? That's an extreme example but the more likely result of never nerfing is that every character has a great tool for every situation. It would be the AA jab debacle x 10.

Ohnonono

Anyone have any links to a good Claw tutorial for S2? I play every week with a buddy of mine and we are picking up new characters for fun. I normally play Necalli and a bit of Cammy.

HiResDes

Yeah I play Cammy and umm yeah just taking out the jump OS would be a big buff...Don't want all this power. But hey guys she has pretty low health : P

kirblar

Back Dash OS throw still exists but it's a lot harder to input, especially when under pressure. Also riskier because you can be crush countered.

Players might just move to doing that tbh
Given that backdash is throw invincible, it's not really that much of an upgrade to make it worth it, no?

Sayad

Given that backdash is throw invincible, it's not really that much of an upgrade to make it worth it, no?
That doesn't affect the OS(jump start up is throw invincible too), the OS is you block on wake up, then few frames later jump/backdash and press lp+lk, if they meety you're blocking, if they throw early(when you're still blocking) you tech and if they delay/go for a shimmy you're outta there(depending on the timing). Back jump is just safer than the backdash since you're not in a counter hit state.

MCD250

I'm lowkey interested to see what some of these new moves look like. I reckon most will probably just recycle the animations of some pre-existing moves, but you never know. I bet Cammy's air throw will use the same animation as her hooligan throw.

But it is funny to think that F.A.N.G is actually the most threatening of the villains in the story mode. He's the only one that actually killed someone
no, Nash dying again doesn't count.

bro if you wanna play someone here you can just ask

I don't want to play anyone from SFV GAF though. Let's be real, the local sessions around here have way better competition. PM box is open though for future matches if any of you wanna play me.

But I need to point out something the Ibuki guy is the perfect example of why I have issues with SFV GAF. Like who the hell mains SFV and then someone who doesn't play the game calls them out and their response is to run away. It's tough to respect people like that.

It is what it is though.

Seriously though, super happy about the lack of Urien nerfs.

I don't want to play anyone from SFV GAF though. Let's be real, the local sessions around here have way better competition. PM box is open though for future matches if any of you wanna play me.

But I need to point out something the Ibuki guy is the perfect example of why I have issues with SFV GAF. Like who the hell mains SFV and then someone who doesn't play the game calls them out and their response is to run away. It's tough to respect people like that.

It is what it is though.

Seriously though, super happy about the lack of Urien nerfs.

He asked if you were still gonna play someone else. Why did you call him out and try to pick a fight? There must be something I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom