• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

SFV-Fang_Portrait.jpg

If all you knew of FANG was that artwork you'd think he was the baddest motherfucker in Street Fighter V.

Yeah, FANG is like Zant from Zelda:Twilight Princess. He looks completely badass, but when you actually fight him he's a total dweeb. I hate that shit.

But I need to point out something the Ibuki guy is the perfect example of why I have issues with SFV GAF. Like who the hell mains SFV and then someone who doesn't play the game calls them out and their response is to run away. It's tough to respect people like that.

The only person who has run away, consistently, is you. How many times have you repeated this tired song and dance in these threads? The craziest shit is that every time you ghost on someone trying to play you online and disappear from the thread for a couple months you always claim, upon your glorious arrival back to the thread, that people were ducking YOU.

To date, you still have not given ANYONE YOUR CFN NAME.

Live on the East Coast of the US. Since the netcode is ass let's keep the challengers relatively close. All challengers can submit their application via PM. When I go somewhere with internet I'll hit you up & we will arrange to play. I would like arrange that the loser of the set recieves a 1 month NeoGAF ban. Is there a mod that can arrange this? I prefer to play with stakes.

Cammy getting buffed, Rog being scratched, Urien still having about 80% of his silly stuff (but the SERIOUSLY silly stuff is gone), Guile legitimately toned down, Laura untouched...

Karin/Chun/Nec/Gief/Rashid all left alone for the most part.

The tier list is intact, although I think Birdie might move up a tier now depending on how punishable EX head ends up.

Definitely good to see Alex, Claw and Ryu restored to viability.

I think folks will end up getting salty when Rog/Laura/Cammy dominate.

I think the intent with Rog was that he could keep his shit so long as people can bully him back by having a better toolset. Honestly they should have scaled him down a bit on damage or improved v-reversals though.

Too early to call. Sucks that it's not coming this month, I wanted to see things rock.

Femto.

I'm really trying to wrap around why Capcom didn't scale down Balrog, like at least make the dude fair. He has corner carry off an overhead and hella damage plus stun.

Maybe they're really sticking to their intention of "buff the weak, leave the strong alone". Urien and Guile got fair nerfs. Yet Cammy gets buffed, twice in a row.

Nemo can go to him again

His Urien is pretty hype though.

I wonder why the patch is scheduled at the end of April and not earlier. Do any of these changes require patching the game itself, so that they have to go through cert?

I'm really trying to wrap around why Capcom didn't scale down Balrog, like at least make the dude fair. He has corner carry off an overhead and hella damage plus stun.

Maybe they're really sticking to their intention of "buff the weak, leave the strong alone". Urien and Guile got fair nerfs. Yet Cammy gets buffed, twice in a row.

His Urien is pretty hype though.

Corner carry off an overhead isn't too bad since you can block that shit easy. It's the ex dash low that's stupid.

I'm lowkey interested to see what some of these new moves look like. I reckon most will probably just recycle the animations of some pre-existing moves, but you never know. I bet Cammy's air throw will use the same animation as her hooligan throw.

Ryu and Chun have a number of unused animations that we saw from the old pre-release footage.

I'm sure everyone else has unused moves, as well.

Actually, pre-release I recall Combofiend or someone hinting that Cammy might get an air-throw some day.

Ucchedavāda;232127016 said:
I wonder why the patch is scheduled at the end of April and not earlier. Do any of these changes require patching the game itself, so that they have to go through cert?

Possibly so that players know about it far in advance. CPT and E-league are going on, after all.

Femto.

Corner carry off an overhead isn't too bad since you can block that shit easy. It's the ex dash low that's stupid.

There's that too, but I'm talking about how if he lands that overhead, he gets a huge reward. The corner carry should be enough in my opinion.

Probably cause E-League and Kumite. E-League starts in a little less than two weeks.

Dahbomb

Cammy getting buffed, Rog being scratched, Urien still having about 80% of his silly stuff (but the SERIOUSLY silly stuff is gone), Guile legitimately toned down, Laura untouched...

Karin/Chun/Nec/Gief/Rashid all left alone for the most part.

The tier list is intact, although I think Birdie might move up a tier now depending on how punishable EX head ends up.

Definitely good to see Alex, Claw and Ryu restored to viability.

I think folks will end up getting salty when Rog/Laura/Cammy dominate.
Ibuki getting slept on again lol!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You never know with Capcom, but with the "spring" date for the CFN upgrade and no patch (?) since january or whatever, they might be planning a big one that contains a lot of stuff.

FluxWaveZ

These past few pages have been too light on Vega talk, does nobody play him on gaf or what?

No one talks about Vega in general, regardless of nerfs or buffs. Still, when bringing up the subject, stuff like this:
Crouching HP (claw)
  • Advantage on hit changed from -2F to +5F
  • Advantage on block changed from -5F to +3F
Is some crazy business.

Dahbomb

Mostly reasonable changes in the new balance patch. No severe over nerfing and/or over buffing.

Most severe change was the one to Vega's H Claw attacks. We are talking a +8 advantage in frames in one case for cr.HP on block (+7 buff on hit). That's kinda nutty when you think about it. Don't know how much that changes but the buff is big. Also buffed substantially on hit, probably opening up new combos from it.

Other changes appear more to be correcting some of the mistakes made in S2 like Guile's 2 bar V trigger.

Edit: Beaten about the Vega changes.

Possibly so that players know about it far in advance. CPT and E-league are going on, after all.
That's possible, but does that actually help to give far advanced warnings? You'd still need to have the build in hands to actually practice with these changes.

You never know with Capcom, but with the "spring" date for the CFN upgrade and no patch (?) since january or whatever, they might be planning a big one that contains a lot of stuff.
That's what I hope, but you know.

Spawn ( Alex Talk), hahahaha 25 more HP and Light Elbow hahahaha
https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantTsunderePeachShadyLulu

Wait, that was -4 on block?
I should have been punishing that.

Edzi

Ucchedavāda;232127872 said:
That's possible, but does that actually help to give far advanced warnings? You'd still need to have the build in hands to actually practice with these changes.

That's what I hope, but you know.

It was pretty easy to space to make safe, but now it can be used to more reliably harass up close.

Ucchedavāda;232127872 said:

Yeah it's punishable, just one of the reason Alex is bottom tier, Alex Light Elbow in season 1 was his best special IMO, in s2 you have to use it at a specific range not to get punished, with this change i can use it more in your face, instead of spacing it..

vulva

Chun got the changes that Chun players were asking for. Something that doesn't punish mashing like a scrub as much and a wider hurtbox. Thanks capcom

mbpm1

Vega eh

those buffs are not bad looking more closely
Flying Barcelona Attack (claw)
Damage increased from 90 to 120.
Advantage on block increased from 0F to 3F
Relaxed the restrictions on mid-air juggles after hit
Note: Increased follow-up options

Flying Barcelona Attack (no claw)
Damage increased from 60-80

this move will be more usable now on a good hit.

LakeEarth

Yeah it's punishable, just one of the reason Alex is bottom tier, Alex Light Elbow in season 1 was his best special IMO, in s2 you have to use it at a specific range not to get punished, with this change i can use it more in your face, instead of spacing it..
Well, you definitely don't want to do anything that's -2 in anyone's face. Like Laura's LP elbow, it's putting yourself into a 50/50 throw/jab mixup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom