• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I'm not sure if these changes made him better than his S1 version lol

I think they brought him closer to S1 at least, which is decent relative to the overall nerfs the whole cast got in S2.

Cr. MP is still the main thing he needs back though, but I think we'll survive without it for now.

Sayad

Chun got the changes that Chun players were asking for. Something that doesn't punish mashing like a scrub as much and a wider hurtbox. Thanks capcom
The buff to Urien's j.LK was so that it wouldn't whiff on crouching characters after a cross up anymore. It whiffs on everyone except those with large bodies, that's Alex, Gief, Birdie and Chun, and that was before making her crouching hurtbox even bigger, lol.

mbpm1

The buff to Urien's j.LK was so that it wouldn't whiff on crouching characters after a cross up anymore. It whiffs on everyone except those with large bodies, that's Alex, Gief and Chun, and that was before making her crouching hurtbox even bigger, lol.
I kinda liked that detail

vulva

The buff to Urien's j.LK was so that it wouldn't whiff on crouching characters after a cross up anymore. It whiffs on everyone except those with large bodies, that's Alex, Gief, Birdie and Chun, and that was before making her crouching hurtbox even bigger, lol.

I hope I didn't come across as whiny. She'll be fine, but it's hard to not be a bit disappointed that they didn't revert anything back. Not even the insane stuff, just maybe let her st lk be 4f for punishing reasons or something.

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;232129366 said:
Cammy finally gets an overhead.
It's -6
on hit.

They make the overhead v-reversal

j.LK whiffing on cross up?! If so, you're gonna like Kolin's j.LK, it can be crouch low profiled on cross up easily, spacing has to be perfect for it to work on crouching characters. :(

oh wow

Ucchedavāda;232127016 said:
I wonder why the patch is scheduled at the end of April and not earlier. Do any of these changes require patching the game itself, so that they have to go through cert?

Every patch requires a certification pass, particularly when it comes to a game that features cross play between platforms. Thats why Capcom has routinely chosen to consolidate changes into larger patch notes when they can, versus having to have their QA go through an entire cert process for a few quick balance changes.

Don't expect anything in March - no major holiday to issue a cosmetic content only update. I expect a lot of their content get rolled into the April update, along with the brand new character.

LakeEarth

lol, wasn't her st.HK punishable on hit in SF4?

Yup, but nothing is more baffling in SF4 than Deejay's second ultra being -1 on HIT at point-blank range. Meaning that Zangief could do a counter-ultra right after, and there was nothing Deejay could do about it.

I'm not sure if this held true for USF4. Frame data guides don't include the frame advantage on that move because it technically causes a hard knockdown.

Every patch requires a certification pass, particularly when it comes to a game that features cross play between platforms. Thats why Capcom has routinely chosen to consolidate changes into larger patch notes when they can, versus having to have their QA go through an entire cert process for a few quick balance changes.

Don't expect anything in March - no major holiday to issue a cosmetic content only update. I expect a lot of their content get rolled into the April update, along with the brand new character.
The in-game patches do not require certification, as far as I understand it. So that is why I was wondering if they had to change the game itself, as opposed to them just distributing another pak file in-game.

lol, wasn't her st.HK punishable on hit in SF4?
Possibly. But I mainly remember playing Blanka and having Cammy punish my Blanka balls on hit in 4.

MCD250

For S3 Cammy will get the ability to teleport back to her original position after a spiral arrow.

She won't need a fireball because she will be the fireball.

mbpm1

Yup, but nothing is more baffling in SF4 than Deejay's second ultra being -1 on HIT at point-blank range. Meaning that Zangief could do a counter-ultra right after, and there was nothing Deejay could do about it.

I'm not sure if this held true for USF4. Frame data guides don't include the frame advantage on that move because it technically causes a hard knockdown.

One of Gief's medium buttons was punishable by reversal on counterhit

this could lead to dp > FADC> ultra for using a button that counterhit your opponent

I haven't been knee deep in the overall tone of the game, but before i left, I thought Cammy was kinda brain-dead good, she can just press buttons in your face all day, seems she got nothing but buffs here? I dunno, looks kinda scary on paper.

Ken/Ryu players should get stronger, overall meh on Ken though, really wanted that c.mp to stop whiffing and step kick to be buffed.

Sigmaah

Them vega buffs thooooo! Ayeee cr Hp viable af now and I love pressing that button.

But nah I think he ain't gonna eat still.

If I can hp claw, switch, st.mp into h roll I'll cry.

I haven't been knee deep in the overall tone of the game, but before i left, I thought Cammy was kinda brain-dead good, she can just press buttons in your face all day, seems she got nothing but buffs here? I dunno, looks kinda scary on paper.

Cammy was very strong before. Now she is a bit more robust.

Edzi

lol yeah, I figured her balrog and urien would get slight nerfs

Balrog and Urien did get slight nerfs. Urien a bit more than Rog, but I think Urien is in a mostly good place now. His biggest issue imo is the CC spam with st. HP, but that's a problem with the CC system in general and not really the character.

Well, you definitely don't want to do anything that's -2 in anyone's face. Like Laura's LP elbow, it's putting yourself into a 50/50 throw/jab mixup.

https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantTsunderePeachShadyLulu

As you can see from the clip, it doesn't leave Alex close enough to be punished with a regular throw (unlike Laura's elbow on block). He's not really in mix-up range if this gets blocked.

So, that Alex slash elbow buff is actually really cool.

Finally, he has a special that doesn't need to be spaced properly, in order to be safe.

Kinda crazy how they're putting in new moves with this patch but didn't with the December one. You'd think, since that was the more substantial one...

I wonder if this will be the model from now on too. Do a balance patch at the end of the season, gather data for a couple of months then do a "refinement" patch shortly after.

Daigo made a big deal about how Capcom pleased players in SF2 by giving characters new tools in compensation for nerfs. It gave players something new to look forward to so they could continue having fun with their character/game.

Nemo can go to him again

Nemo left him because the nerfs took everything that he found fun about the character. I can't remember what those were exactly, so him being buffed doesn't mean he would like claw again. He wasn't exactly sure whether or not s2 claw was stronger or weaker overall, and that didn't factor into his decision.

Why nerf thunder kick?

For some reason most of the overheads you can combo off of in this game are safe and the ones you can't are unsafe. Ibuki/Chun/Laura/Ken and whoever can combo off of it should be unsafe on block and like Ryu/Nash shouldn't be -6 in return lol

vulva

For some reason most of the overheads you can combo off of in this game are safe and the ones you can't are unsafe. Ibuki/Chun/Laura/Ken and whoever can combo off of it should be unsafe on block and like Ryu/Nash shouldn't be -6 in return lol

you can only combo off chun's OH in trigger or on CH tho

wBjEsAZ.jpg

I couldn't find the Urien version of this.

gotchu

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

-4 isn't bad but its odd that they didn't give him anything else. I guess they're figuring the dp change will give him a significant boost.

pHand

Has anyone else on PC been getting intermittent freezing since DirectInput was patched in? Whether I'm online or playing offline, and even during menu screens, the game will freeze for a few seconds and GPU usage will drop to 0%, though the music will keep playing. The behavior is the same as what happens when I manually connect or disconnect my controller, except I don't get the usual alert sound that hardware has been connected/removed. It only started happening for me since the Kolin patch, but others have been reporting it started since S2 dropped. I tried disconnecting my controller completely and played only with keyboard, and I got no freezing, so I do think it has something to do with their DirectInput implementation.

There are a couple of Reddit and Steam threads on the issue, but no one seems to have a solution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5xprv2/sfv_pc_capcoms_dinput_driver_causes_game_lag/
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...asionally_freezes_for_a_few/?ref=search_posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh..._freezes_every_few_moments_on_pc_please_help/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405692758726491310/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/152392786908177969/

Here's a video of it happening to Stupendous, who plays on PC (it might just be online lag in his case, dunno for sure): https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidTriangularCrabsBibleThump

look chuns still on my shit list for one more season

im still beyond V-triggered by her ok

Fixed that for you.

Agree that combo-able overheads should be unsafe, though, while non-combo-able overheads should be safe(ish). The risk should match the reward.

Has anyone else on PC been getting intermittent freezing since DirectInput was patched in?
Do you happen to use Dantarion's DInput .dll file? An older version caused freezes and weird FPS issues for me, until I got rid of it.

Pompadour

Imma be honest here guys.

I'd get rid of a retro costume if it means we get a Juri swimsuit.

The only character that deserves one.

There's nothing I'm more sure of concerning the future of Street Fighter V than that we're getting a Juri swimsuit alt this year.

I feel like this line in the Balrog notes didn't get enough attention:

Developer Comments: Initially, Balrog's vitality was increased as we viewed him to be a very straight forward character who has to take risks to get in and do damage.

I'm risking carpal tunnel trying to play while holding down two buttons.

MCD250

I gotta say I'm somewhat puzzled by the decision to make the hitbox on Cammy's EX DP bigger in a downward direction. They say it's so she can combo into it more reliably but I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Cammy player use it in a combo. EX is usually saved for divekicks and to get through projectiles or switch sides with spiral arrow (and for wakeup DPs as of S2).

Not that I mind Cammy being more "robust" and whatnot.

Zackat

There's nothing I'm more sure of concerning the future of Street Fighter V than that we're getting a Juri swimsuit alt this year.

I'm risking carpal tunnel trying to play while holding down two buttons.

I would be shocked if Kolin and Juri don't have bikini costumes by the end of the year. Like I wouldn't know what to think.

I found the Ryu changes to be pretty unsatisfying. In the end they're just reverting a few nerfs. The changes definitely help a little but it isn't anything to get excited about. Except mashing DP again.

I wish they would give him cancelable st. HP at all times. I'd be fine with the removal of cancelable axe kick to get that in return. At least it'd be useful.

mbpm1

I gotta say I'm somewhat puzzled by the decision to make the hitbox on Cammy's EX DP bigger in a downward direction. They say it's so she can combo into it more reliably but I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Cammy player use it in a combo. EX is usually saved for divekicks and to get through projectiles or switch sides with spiral arrow (and for wakeup DPs as of S2).

Not that I mind Cammy being more "robust" and whatnot.

maybe after a v-trigger spiral arrow it was missing

Edzi

I found the Ryu changes to be pretty unsatisfying. In the end they're just reverting a few nerfs. The changes definitely help a little but it isn't anything to get excited about. Except mashing DP again.

I wish they would give him cancelable st. HP at all times. I'd be fine with the removal of cancelable axe kick to get that in return. At least it'd be useful.

You can't mash DP again. It seems like everyone is misunderstanding this part of the notes, but only EX DP's are invincible, that much hasn't changed. Each DP strength now has a different purpose universally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom