• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

For some reason most of the overheads you can combo off of in this game are safe and the ones you can't are unsafe. Ibuki/Chun/Laura/Ken and whoever can combo off of it should be unsafe on block and like Ryu/Nash shouldn't be -6 in return lol
You're looking at it wrong, most of the overhead you can combo after are slow AF, like 26f or more start up, which is why they're safe, the faster ones are punishable.

I feel like this line in the Balrog notes didn't get enough attention:
Just like Ultra Yun, poor thing. :(

You're looking at it wrong, most of the overhead you can combo after are slow AF, like 26f or more start up, which is why they're safe, the faster ones are punishable.

-6 for trying to use Ryu's overhead that you don't get shit from tho?
(I think its -6)

Meanwhile Ibuki's will beat grabs and it's -2 while going into good damage on hit? Kinda ass backwards imo but I do understand that they're slower

You can't mash DP again. It seems like everyone is misunderstanding this part of the notes, but only EX DP's are invincible, that much hasn't changed. Each DP strength now has a different purpose universally.

I know, I meant against block strings and meaty normals. Might as well just mash since I have no problem taking a mid screen throw(blah blah bait DP, I know).

(I think its -6)

Meanwhile Ibuki's will beat grabs and it's -2 while going into good damage on hit? Kinda ass backwards imo but I do understand that they're slower

Yeah it's -6 unfortunately. Can they just make Ryu's overhead 28f start up and +4 on hit instead?

Balrog's overhead has 28 frames of startup and is -6 on block.
He obviously needs buffs, and all Capcom did was nerf him.

Edzi

I think with this patch, their vision for the game is finally becoming a bit clearer so it'll be harder to complain about the focus on aggression. Time to adapt to Laura/Cammy/Rog/Urien shenanigans.

MCD250

I never paid attention to how other characters' DPs worked in S2, but for Cammy it was similar to how it's going to be in the new patch. LK and MK DP had strike and projectile invincibility after frame 3, and HK was throw invincible from frame 1. In the new patch they're basically gonna shuffle it around so that LK is throw invincible, HK has third frame invincibility and MK is air-invincible (though I expect the other two will still be very good anti-airs). So things aren't changing too much on that front for Cammy peeps.

maybe after a v-trigger spiral arrow it was missing
I feel like the only way that can happen is if you DP waaaay too late. Otherwise VT SA leaves Cammy right under the opponent and EX DP comes out in 3 frames.

Sayad

(I think its -6)

Yea, Ibuki's is 28f start up, you're only catching throw tech attempts or landing it under the disguise of a bomb. At lest it's not + on block like Urien's(faster startup too). :D

Edzi

He has two, the faster one is unsafe. st.HK when charged turns into an overhead, it's slower but +2 on block.

Oh, right. But that's in line with the slow overheads being safe, so I don't think it's too bad. I interrupt the HK more than I get hit by it.

kirblar

The way that it works in S2.5:

L-Beats Throws
M-Beats Air
H-Beat Frame Traps
EX-Beats Everything

is pretty neat, it plays into the guessing game aspect.

Edzi

Might be a bit over the top, but this made me laugh:

C6_d1ZZVoAAbTX3.jpg

Managed to get Diamond tonight. Ran into Brick and Cobelcog too. Ended up on 13.9k after some unfortunate losses.

Cammy is going to be a nightmare in the next version.

Birdie should be a little better, he's pretty much received 3 buffs and only a slight nerf to EX Bull Head (some characters can punish it now).

But yeah, definitely going to be Cammy/Rog/Laura wrecking house this year now.

MrCarter

I like how everyone on Twitch streams are trying to pick top tiers in this patch but can't decide on any specific set of characters. Capcom did a good job on this in my opinion and actually brought the lower characters upto a mid-tier level. Vega will be crazy.

Just saw the balance update. Looks like a somewhat good improvement overall. I think it was a mistake for Balrog, Cammy and Laura to move through virtually untouched, but whatever. Some of the buffs for lower tier characters are pretty nice. I hate fighting that shitty Vega, but I'm happy for those players. The addition of so many new moves is cool, but I'm peeved that they're mostly for the SF2 characters who were already pretty strong to begin with. I'd get Ryu getting his old donkey kick with him being the main character and all, but sheesh.

Edit: I feel a bit vindicated regarding Nash's throw invincibility on EX sonic scythe. Some people said him having a reversal would be weird, but I knew he needed something on wakeup.
Might be a bit over the top, but this made me laugh:
The McDonald's logo and "Free DLC" tattoo always crack me up inside.

Managed to get Diamond tonight. Ran into Brick and Cobelcog too. Ended up on 13.9k after some unfortunate losses.

Cammy is going to be a nightmare in the next version.

Birdie should be a little better, he's pretty much received 3 buffs and only a slight nerf to EX Bull Head (some characters can punish it now).

But yeah, definitely going to be Cammy/Rog/Laura wrecking house this year now.

Yeah, no, people said that about Final Round with shit already messed up with Rog, Urien, and Laura, and it didn't happen.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Cammy doesn't turn out to be that good. She's the most boring reimagining out of all oldschool characters.

aaaaaa

Some initial thoughts on various character changes.

S2.0 Top Tier:
Guile gets lots of partial revert nerfs. S1 Guile was mid-high tier, so he'll be better than that.
Urien gets off easy. c.MK nerfed on block. The Floechart Urien is still in effect. V-trigger unchanged -- THANK YOU.
Cammy buffed again. LOL. That said, the non-SRK buffs are probably useless.
Laura, Balrog, Necalli and Ibuki pretty much unchanged.

Mid Tier:
Zangief has a worse Lariat and THREE NEW MOVES. Will need to be road-tested.
Chun didn't get anything. :( She needed a little more.

Low Tier:
Vega gets huge buffs to his claw c.HP, a crush counter move -- could be another Urien s.HP. (edit: not a CC.) Claw dive is much better too, and it was decent to start with.
Nash got partial S1 revert buffs. He was mid-tier in S1, so this probably isn't enough.
Juri gets SRK improvements but otherwise nerfed. RIP
Ryu added back to the game. c.MK hitbox revert is what he needed.Hurtbox still the bad S2 version. (edit: too bad he didn't get it! this was s.mp)
Fang got move speed reverts. Needed more in my opinion. Poison effects still suck.

Im glad that they admitted that they nerfed Nash to the​ point of uselessness.

Also, no Kolin changes makes me sad. Her crush counter fierce is WORSE than her regular fierce, for God's sake.

Hyun Sai

Low Tier:
Vega gets huge buffs to his claw c.HP, a crush counter move -- could be another Urien s.HP.

Claw c.HP is not crush counter, it's the no claw c.HP version.

It's a VERY nice buff regardless, opens many possibilities of combos, set-ups and frame traps.

I'll definitely re-install this at the end of April.

Some initial thoughts on various character changes.

S2.0 Top Tier:
Guile gets lots of partial revert nerfs. S1 Guile was mid-high tier, so he'll be better than that.
Urien gets off easy. c.MK nerfed on block. The Floechart Urien is still in effect. V-trigger unchanged -- THANK YOU.
Cammy buffed again. LOL. That said, the non-SRK buffs are probably useless.
Laura, Balrog, Necalli and Ibuki pretty much unchanged.

Mid Tier:
Zangief has a worse Lariat and THREE NEW MOVES. Will need to be road-tested.
Chun didn't get anything. :( She needed a little more.

Low Tier:
Vega gets huge buffs to his claw c.HP, a crush counter move -- could be another Urien s.HP. Claw dive is much better too, and it was decent to start with.
Nash got partial S1 revert buffs. He was mid-tier in S1, so this probably isn't enough.
Juri gets SRK improvements but otherwise nerfed. RIP
Ryu is back in the game. c.MK hitbox revert is what he needed. Hurtbox still the bad S2 version.
Fang got move speed reverts. Needed more in my opinion. Poison effects still suck.
Fang and Alex just seem like they got partially reverted to their season 1 versions that were not even good to begin with.

Hyun Sai

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232148873]Wait, claw on walldives are +3 on block now?

:0[/QUOTE]

That's cool, but unless they changed the hit / hurt box, it's easily reactable and counterable, so it won't really be a game changer at high level.

I could be wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom