• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

What's the word on Ryu with the new changes? Also, -2 on block for Alex's elbow sounds good, no? Should be a safe way to get in and also meaty after powerbomb.

What's he is saying actually make sense, but that's how how even real sports works the audience always put a massive pressure on the playing teams if he can't handle it then he should stop being a pro Esports player.

Yeah, but that happens all the time probably, even more so back in the days when eSports money wasn't a thing.

So for him to complain about both things is hilarious to me.

Wolf just needs to take the L.

Still feel shotos are too weak, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Ken's thunder kick is super slow as well, don't get why it's made unsafe. Ryu seems more like an apology than actually looking to improve him lol.

Sum up the patch into one word? Hmmm...I'd say, "progress". Looks like they are moving in the right direction. Good on not nerfing much and just trying to get rid of the cheesy stuff. But just doesn't seem to be enough boost to low tiers and mid tiers, and Rog really has some crazy stuff that I thought would be changed.

Overall reading the changes I'm optimistic although not eager to jump back into the game myself.

Mr. X

Ripples become waves. Any drastic big changes coming after CPT though.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232148873]Wait, claw on walldives are +3 on block now?

:0[/QUOTE]
Should be great for those meaty dive setup.

Vega and Gief sound fun.

I like how everyone on Twitch streams are trying to pick top tiers in this patch but can't decide on any specific set of characters.

???

Cammy. Balrog. Laura. Necalli.

It's not that hard.

My projection for top 10:

SS
1. Cammy
2. Balrog

S
3. Laura
4. Necalli
5. Ibuki

A+
6. Urien
7. Guile

A
8. Zangief
9. Rashid
10. Bison

Can't even play this game as bae (or at all) because my stick is currently broken, haven't been able to for about 6 months now... but those changes to KillaCam make me want to buy another, bahaha.

Those are hilarious changes, she was already a nut!

Gief on the come-up too.

Edzi

I swear, everyone online has terrible internet and nobody in here plays on weeknights anymore. The online situation for this game is pretty dire for me.

FluxWaveZ

I swear, everyone online has terrible internet and nobody in here plays on weeknights anymore. The online situation for this game is pretty dire for me.

I play on weeknights, but past midnight over here is too late for me. I'll usually spend time in training mode then.

MCD250

I hear that. I don't usually mind lag so much unless it's completely unplayable, but I feel like somewhere around 65-70% of my matches are plagued by lag of some degree or another.

You sure it's not just your internet ;). You could do what Max does which is he filters by IPs within his area on his router (I don't know how he does it but he said he does it).

Edzi

I play on weeknights, but past midnight over here is too late for me. I'll usually spend time in training mode then.

Yeah, it seems like most of the more active people here are East Coast, which is unfortunate.

You sure it's not just your internet ;). You could do what Max does which is he filters by IPs within his area on his router (I don't know how he does it but he said he does it).

100% sure it's not on my end.

Csr

After looking at the top 64 results a bit more closely Juri, Alex, Vega and Kolin seem to be the only four out of twenty four who didn't make top 64. It'll be interesting to see how the needle on usage and success moves for them in S2.5. Vega's prospects look good.

I don't see any Nash either.

Made some dude rage quit in casual (on the first round lol) and I looked up his CFN name. Got a video of him rage quitting while playing S2 Laura.
Messaged him and he said its because I was "boring top tier playing trash" LMAO. Seriously, why do people have to rage quit in casual match?

Femto.

『Inaba Resident』;232164069 said:
Made some dude rage quit in casual (on the first round lol) and I looked up his CFN name. Got a video of him rage quitting while playing S2 Laura.
Messaged him and he said its because I was "boring top tier playing trash" LMAO. Seriously, why do people have to rage quit in casual match?

You found LTG's smurf account.

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232147319]
Also, no Kolin changes makes me sad. Her crush counter fierce is WORSE than her regular fierce, for God's sake.[/QUOTE]Lmao, this. The worst crush counter in the game, just removing it would be a nice buff.

Wallach

Nobody's about those Vega buffs? New juggles off claw Barcelona, fully invuln VT, cranked c.HP... I'm picking him up full time now, I think. He made out like a bandit in those notes.

Nobody's about those Vega buffs? New juggles off claw Barcelona, fully invuln VT, cranked c.HP... I'm picking him up full time now, I think. He made out like a bandit in those notes.

I think that V trigger change only refers to the jumping VT and not all of them.

hertog

So Birdie got a few buffs, very happy with cr mp buff and ex-bullhorn.

Really wanted some changes to his forward hp though, that move remains pretty bad with an even worse cc.

And I wanted a hard knock-out cc on his bullslider, but that was just my own design.

Hyun Sai

I don't think V-Trigger is invuln frame 1. They just made it so it doesn't stop the animation no matter what if the first hit connects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom