• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momo is going with Rashid!?

What is this?!?

Oh wait character select. Hmmm.

Bison makes sense because he had a good one online recently though. LIke real good.

Using EX to bait. Wew lad. I still think his Ken fits him best though but who knows. Dude is crazy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've seen a few players now with tech against jump-back OS like Punk here just now. Pretty hype.

Urgh! You guys are destroying my joke with logical answers! :(

latest

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
These triple or quadruple shimmies basically have a 100 frame gap. It's such an interesting tool.

MCD250

Ricki says she's gonna try and make Chun work or she's dropping Chun.

But I feel like Go1 has a more solid Chun right now tbh.
Go1 was like the best Chun about 9 months ago or something, then it feels like he was slowly supplanted by other people like Sako, MOV, etc. He was looking pretty solid at Final Round though. His match with Smug was great.

XenoRaven

What changes do you think would put her back in contention?
I'm honestly clueless. I never liked air legs. I feel like it doesn't fit the rest of her kit and her traditional gameplan. That being said, I'm not sure her traditional gameplan properly fits in SFV. The game favors offense so much that having a character that pokes away at you in the midrange gets blown up by basically any character after one mistake.

I saw a discussion here about how on paper, Chun is a bad matchup for Gief, but Gief players seem to win a lot in tournies. I saw the same thing in IV, and I've always felt that it's because Chun has lower health so Gief can really hurt her when he gets in. Meanwhile, Gief has a lot of health and Chun can't put out enough damage to really punish Gief for walking into her pokes.

I'm not going to pretend to know the answer. I just know the game is more fun to watch for me when Chun is competitive. As far as online play goes, as long as she's reasonably balanced I'm not too upset.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm honestly clueless. I never liked air legs. I feel like it doesn't fit the rest of her kit and her traditional gameplan. That being said, I'm not sure her traditional gameplan properly fits in SFV. The game favors offense so much that having a character that pokes away at you in the midrange gets blown up by basically any character after one mistake.

I saw a discussion here about how on paper, Chun is a bad matchup for Gief, but Gief players seem to win a lot in tournies. I saw the same thing in IV, and I've always felt that it's because Chun has lower health so Gief can really hurt her when he gets in. Meanwhile, Gief has a lot of health and Chun can't put out enough damage to really punish Gief for walking into her pokes.

I'm not going to pretend to know the answer. I just know the game is more fun to watch for me when Chun is competitive. As far as online play goes, as long as she's reasonably balanced I'm not too upset.

I think they should rework her v skill to cover the same air space air legs did. Maybe make it faster or allow it to be canceled into a move earlier on the way up. I don't think shes bad but I can definitely agree that she's on the dry side right now.

XenoRaven

I think they should rework her v skill to cover the same air space air legs did. Maybe make it faster or allow it to be canceled into a move earlier on the way up. I don't think shes bad but I can definitely agree that she's on the dry side right now.
I agree that a buff to get V Skill would be nice. It was supposed to help her out with jump options since her regular jump is so slow and floaty. But it turned out her V Skill either plows her directly into a fireball or leaves her suspended in the air in front of her opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom