• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;232208732 said:
Can Kolin counter Mika's stHK on reaction?

Against good Kolins, Mika's charged drop kick is a terrible option. She can:

1. Low profile it completely and easily with cr.MK.
2. V-Skill counter it, which is actually pretty easy.
3. Special counter it.

yes, vskil is probably safer/easier though.

Against good Kolin's, Mika's charged drop kick is a terrible option. She can:

1. Low profile it completely and easily with cr.MK.
2. V-Skill counter it, which is actually pretty easy.
3. Special counter it.

Cheers.
I'm looking forward to seeing high-level Kolin play at events.

EDIT: Might get my wish fulfilled sooner than expected.
EDIT EDIT: LOL no.

vulva

To the defense of Danke, he's local so he was probably a reliable replacement option in case anyone bailed. Also he's definitely not bad and has been doing some interesting stuff in these sets.

To the defense of Danke, he's local so he was probably a reliable replacement option in case anyone bailed. Also he's definitely not bad and has been doing some interesting stuff in these sets.

And to be fair, he has had just over two weeks to figure out Kolin and learn the match-ups.
He, and other Kolin players, will probably perform better when given more time.

C7Ez_JJWwAAmCTO.jpg

First time I'm ending a play session with Diamond rank. Not an excellent LP score but I'm happy.

I've learned a tonne about certain matchups tonight. Especially Juri.

Are they ever going to fix normals failing to auto correct when doing a cross under? I lost to a Rashid because Cammy's Crush Counter didn't auto correct after an EX mixer.

Ucchedavāda;232210962 said:
Congratulations!
I take it that you've reached Diamond before but fell out again?

Yeah the yo-yo is real. There are too few Diamond players, so you play against the Platinum group constantly, meaning your W/L has to be about 66% to stay up, I think.

Nah, I've learnt to relax years ago so I don't mash like a scrub.

I need to learn to do that then. Every time I try to play relaxed I miss my combos and during tense games I tense up without even knowing it. I'm slowly getting away from mashing but I still mash sometimes....like a scrub.

So the only thing that moves when pushing buttons is your fingers? Do you move your arm at all?

I need to learn to do that then. Every time I try to play relaxed I miss my combos and during tense games I tense up without even knowing it. I'm slowly getting away from mashing but I still mash sometimes....like a scrub.

So the only thing that moves when pushing buttons is your fingers? Do you move your arm at all?

Yeah my arms are generally just resting on the armrests of my chair.

That would be false advertising for capcom

It's never going to happen, but they should point it out that you can start your offline VS matches in 10 seconds on PC (literally). Shill their hardware and shame Capcom for the poor job they've done in the vanilla version at same time. I'm being bitter, but Capcom could literally improve the QoL for everyone by just tweaking one parameter, even if the average user would not get as fast loads as a high-end PC w/ a SSD.

Neoxon

The specific economics of it? Nah, I have no idea about that. But its not like the value of sponsorship & ads wouldn't go up with the more people who watch this. And with both the EVO 2016 & CC 2016 pulling in nearly half a mill (estimated) when you combine its ESPN2 rebroadcast, it can be easy to see why other networks & big names want to get in on the action. And if you don't think that Capcom isn't getting a cut to broadcast their game on national television from networks, then you're being naive.

On the bright side, its not like the sour-launch hasn't gone unheard - I have heard that the game is getting some much-requested modes & features sometime this year at the earliest. It's not even like i'm the only one saying this; Capcom themselves have iterated this. They're just really shit when it comes to allow people to communicate on behalf of the JP devs, which is really where a lot of the communication breakdown occurs between the fans & the PR teams and faces. Trust me, if they could, they'd be giving us constant updates on the state of the game and what is coming in & where. JP developers & producers are now the quarterbacks and give the OK on what can or can't be talked about, and they aren't too chatty.
That explains a lot, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom