• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

Who though? Go1 is switching to Guile, MOV said he's switching as well, Nuki is the only argument I can think of tbh.

MOV and Nuki. Didnt know mov was switching :( Sako's chun was also better but he plays akuma now too. rip

Eh, is it though? Through S1 she never really did anything spectacular aside from 2nd at Capcom Cup, so I feel like she she could have been coasting off of how good Chun was.

Yeah, she did good at american events and capcup but didnt do well at international events/premiers

mpKZg.png

MCD250

Watching some of the SXSW matches from earlier today. Man, I will never get tired of watching high level play in this game.

Edzi

Producer, I'm starting to see that I'm not really losing to any specific character with you, it's just you. You play characters almost exactly the same, using solid spacing/whiff punishing, good AA's with lights, and a lot of safe light confirms. Also a lot of backdashes/walking backwards, which is probably what gets me the most. Granted, Chun just makes it easier because of her advantage against Alex, but it's nothing really Chun specific that makes me lose.

But,
lol at Chun's stupidly good light AA beating out Alex's shitty (and apparently useless) divekick, a move I thought only existed to blow up predictable AA attempts.

EDIT: GGs, good sets.

Producer

Producer, I'm starting to see that I'm not really losing to any specific character with you, it's just you. You play characters almost exactly the same, using solid spacing/whiff punishing, good AA's with lights, and a lot of safe light confirms. Also a lot of backdashes/walking backwards, which is probably what gets me the most. Granted, Chun just makes it easier because of her advantage against Alex, but it's nothing really Chun specific that makes me lose.

But,
lol at Chun's stupidly good light AA beating out Alex's shitty (and apparently useless) divekick, a move I thought only existed to blow up predictable AA attempts.

GGs Edzi. I wish i was actually good at whiff punishing, but what you see is just me throwing out buffered normals and guessing right sometimes lol. But yeah that chun advantage definately helps.

vulva

But,

St lk sucks as an anti air now though

Edzi

St lk sucks as an anti air now though

I dunno, seems godlike against Alex. Chun in general is pretty much the same in S2 versus Alex, so it's hard for me to really judge how good/bad Chun is in S2 since the matchup is just as bad for me.

Sayad

I dunno, seems godlike against Alex. Chun in general is pretty much the same in S2 versus Alex, so it's hard for me to really judge how good/bad Chun is in S2 since the matchup is just as bad for me.
Alex j.lk should beat it clean, st.lk hitbox is ass now, if you're not at least trading with it you're doing something wrong.

Sayad

It was beating all of my heavy options clean, but I'll try using mediums/lights more next time.
Oh! In this game, most heavies are ass for jump ins during neutral, for the most part just use them in situations where you think the opponent wont try to AA. The hurtbox extend far under the hitbox in most of them so they're easy to antiair, they're especially weak against jab AAs.

Edzi

Oh! In this game, most heavies are ass for jump ins during neutral, for the most part just use them in situations where you think the opponent wont try to AA. The hurtbox extend far under the hitbox in most of them so they're easy to antiair, they're especially weak against jab AAs.

Hm... I didn't know this.

Fuck online Sims players. Some of them knew they lag and abuse it. Fuck Sim for his slide having priority for Sweeps after a blocked st.mk.

Until today I didn't hate Sim, but I fought this fuck that somehow kept stuffing every single button I pressed with Karin. Fucking hell he is annoying to fight. I have an easier time with Alex since his crush counter game and pressure on knockdown are much easier to apply. Also, he has an armored special.

Pompadour

If SFV makes it to Evo Japan maybe it'll finally get an arcade mode.

I'm happy the Arcade port of V was only briefly mentioned and not thrown out immediately. It gives me hope it'll roll out along side a bigger update since they may give V some more money for that port. Maybe extra characters are too much to hope for.

Until today I didn't hate Sim, but I fought this fuck that somehow kept stuffing every single button I pressed with Karin. Fucking hell he is annoying to fight. I have an easier time with Alex since his crush counter game and pressure on knockdown are much easier to apply. Also, he has an armored special.

I struggle with fighting Sim as a Karin player as well. Probably the main character I hate regardless who plays with him.

Sometimes I think Capcom looks at pro play and assumes a character is balanced. Momochi and Eita need to fall off a cliff for them to make changes to my character. sheesh...his target combo whiffs on hit, c.mp too much pushback whiffs, nerf his thunder kick so it's pretty much a gimmick now, but hey "all you shotos wanted was your DP back, here ya go!" See you in another 6 months I guess.

-_-

Momo move to Bison, The Beast to Guile, it's the only way Cap will pay attention.

FluxWaveZ

Sometimes I think Capcom looks at pro play and assumes a character is balanced. Momochi and Eita need to fall off a cliff for them to make changes to my character. sheesh...his target combo whiffs on hit, c.mp too much pushback whiffs, nerf his thunder kick so it's pretty much a gimmick now, but hey "all you shotos wanted was your DP back, here ya go!" See you in another 6 months I guess.

-_-

Momo move to Bison, The Beast to Guile, it's the only way Cap will pay attention.

This is how playing S2 R. Mika feels like. The three notable players who play her (and one of them pretty much only plays Guile now) make her look amazing, but then you look at everyone else (those who are still playing her, anyways) and it's a struggle. Like, sure, if we could all confirm a cr.LK into super like Fuudo we'd be great, but it's not that simple.

-_-

Be glad you aren't an Alex main. Watch your heroes go 0-6 at Topanga only for Capcom to partially return Alex back to his low-mid season 1 version. Truly the dark souls of Capcom balancing. I've heard Gunfight has been pretty disappointed with how Alex has been handled for months now. Maybe he and Kubo should just drop the character so Capcom catches the hint. Capcom should have buffed more of the low tier like they did Vega. Guy is surely gonna eat like an Olympic swimmer now.

Mr. X

-_-

The only comboable w/o CH or VT and you want it not at least -4? Foh

Ucchedavāda;232244930 said:
Rog's overhead is comboable without CH or VT (it is +5 on hit), but it is also -6 on block

Unless he does it meaty or VT cancels it, in which case he is safe/plus...

Anecdotally, it seems like the patch has hit a sweet spot - everyone is OK playing this game until the patch, because the top tiers will still broadly be the same other than Guile, and everyone who plays a low tier has stuff to look forward to. It's made me care about the game more.

April is about the time the first feature updates should drop too if I've read the tea leaves right. CFN updates, maybe more features, hopefully fixes to the PC version...

Unless he does it meaty or VT cancels it, in which case he is safe/plus...

Anecdotally, it seems like the patch has hit a sweet spot - everyone is OK playing this game until the patch, because the top tiers will still broadly be the same other than Guile, and everyone who plays a low tier has stuff to look forward to. It's made me care about the game more.

April is about the time the first feature updates should drop too if I've read the tea leaves right. CFN updates, maybe more features, hopefully fixes to the PC version...

This patch is pretty much about making a wide range of people happy. Not perfect but it'll do fine.

And can we get that extra battle mode I love shit like that.

This is how playing S2 R. Mika feels like. The three notable players who play her (and one of them pretty much only plays Guile now) make her look amazing, but then you look at everyone else (those who are still playing her, anyways) and it's a struggle. Like, sure, if we could all confirm a cr.LK into super like Fuudo we'd be great, but it's not that simple.
Word man...Momochi hit confirming off low forward and getting people in endless throw loops. I'm like, I can't even consistently get a combo after I land a thunder kick? stop looking at the best capcom, they will make almost any character look good, because their godlike lol.

Be glad you aren't an Alex main. Watch your heroes go 0-6 at Topanga only for Capcom to partially return Alex back to his low-mid season 1 version. Truly the dark souls of Capcom balancing. I've heard Gunfight has been pretty disappointed with how Alex has been handled for months now. Maybe he and Kubo should just drop the character so Capcom catches the hint. Capcom should have buffed more of the low tier like they did Vega. Guy is surely gonna eat like an Olympic swimmer now.
Yeah, it definitely could be worse, no doubt. Was just looking for a reason to jump back in. Kinda apprehensive again. Maybe after Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, which both should take a while.

The only comboable w/o CH or VT and you want it not at least -4? Foh
I thought Rog, Urien and Ibuki all had pretty strong OH you can combo from, and Rog's isn't particularly easy to block all the time since its basically a 50/50. Ken's fake thunder kick is so slow the mix-up is useless unless it's a hard knockdown. So yeah, I didn't think a -2 TK was that crazy. And I don't think you can even VT off Ken's OH can you? It's not that strong brah, so yeah, dunno what you're talking bout. Just because characters have something no one else does, does not make it inherently strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom