• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed frames so

- LP DP beat throws
- MP works better as an AA
- HP has FB invincibility and better frames to snip normals

It's not season 1 with full invincibility on the first frame but far better than what they initially did and sound pretty balanced now. Before it really hurt the shoto defense imo.

Ah, I see. Thanks.
I didn't think of that as the DP nerf being reverted, which is why I was confused. I was mainly thinking in terms of the loss of invulnerability on frame 1. I agree, however, that this is how it should have been from the start of Season 2.

EDIT: LOL at Smug trying to keep a straight face.

Edzi

thats exactly it!! Lol...Ken was not YOLO, just look at the player who had the most success with him and how he played. he was high risk high reward to an extent but much more about footsie still a shoto. And they should have just taken away stuff obviously unfair like it being super hard to hit his air Tatsu etc...My goodness did you guys get to play Ken before he was officially in the beta? You could cancel your run after like one step! It was amazing! It's not about me liking OP characters, Ken best represents how I like to play (S1 more so) and they are making characters Vanilla for the sake of balance. I've commented about other characters too getting the nerf stick for no reason.

- Ryu was fine, just need a slight damage nerf and j.lk
- Nash was fine
- Mika should have just reverted to beta clap

These characters are becoming boring and one dimensional, and now all the fun has just moved over to Rog, Cammy, Urien, Laura, etc...it's not actually more balanced, just swapping top spots.

You can always always nerf and go down, it's like having a jump rope and adjusting it too short, you can't use it after that, but too long? Just keep snipping away. Their design philosophy suggest major Nerfs were not going to be in the game design and I think that's exactly what they did. It's not about my character, it's about the direction the game is being balanced. And we can sit here and theory talk about what would be wrong with that approach all day, but the problem is, it was never attempted.

I already know it could be worse, I'm not saying he's garbage tier, but I'm not feeling better just because you use Alex and your situation is even worse. I don't like the direction overall they are taking. And I'm gonna speak out about it because that's how changed happen. How many people were lol'ing about me ranting over the DP change? That nonsense got reverted didn't it? I'm not spitting out bs, I genuinely think S1 characters mostly unchanged would be a more fun game right now.

I wasn't talking about Ryu or Nash, nor did I ever bring up Alex.

Shadoken

thats exactly it!! Lol...Ken was not YOLO, just look at the player who had the most success with him and how he played. he was high risk high reward to an extent but much more about footsie still a shoto. And they should have just taken away stuff obviously unfair like it being super hard to hit his air Tatsu etc...My goodness did you guys get to play Ken before he was officially in the beta? You could cancel your run after like one step! It was amazing! It's not about me liking OP characters, Ken best represents how I like to play (S1 more so) and they are making characters Vanilla for the sake of balance. I've commented about other characters too getting the nerf stick for no reason.

- Ryu was fine, just need a slight damage nerf and j.lk
- Nash was fine
- Mika should have just reverted to beta clap

These characters are becoming boring and one dimensional, and now all the fun has just moved over to Rog, Cammy, Urien, Laura, etc...it's not actually more balanced, just swapping top spots.

You can always always nerf and go down, it's like having a jump rope and adjusting it too short, you can't use it after that, but too long? Just keep snipping away. Their design philosophy suggest major Nerfs were not going to be in the game design and I think that's exactly what they did. It's not about my character, it's about the direction the game is being balanced. And we can sit here and theory talk about what would be wrong with that approach all day, but the problem is, it was never attempted.

I already know it could be worse, I'm not saying he's garbage tier, but I'm not feeling better just because you use Alex and your situation is even worse. I don't like the direction overall they are taking. And I'm gonna speak out about it because that's how changed happen. How many people were lol'ing about me ranting over the DP change? That nonsense got reverted didn't it? I'm not spitting out bs, I genuinely think S1 characters mostly unchanged would be a more fun game right now.

Didn't the development team change from Launch to S1/S2? Maybe they didnt like launch chars playstyle. Which is sad :(

Shadoken

I think specifically in Mika's case, it's different because of how she needs to be played. She's the only grappler in the game who lacks plus buttons and has less than 1000 health. She's built around taking risks, but the reward for them isn't necessarily that great anymore either, and I guess that's starting to be felt among those who stuck with her.

Yepp... This is whats happening to all the characters who arent top 10. Sure you CAN win by taking those risks and succeeding. But it always feels like the opponents risk dont really lead to a big punish , but when you guess wrong you can lose the entire game.

I'm curious if the patch notes that they released were final.

You know Capcom likes to spice it up a little without telling us

giphy.gif

How many times did Justin got touched after the combo?

I tried out Necalli last night in training and did 800 damage after a jump in and one CC.

MCD250

Reminder that TAP is invincible on startup, travels half the screen, leaves Balrog plus on block and can take off anywhere between 20-70% of your life.

Jarvits thinks Mika is stronger than Rog.

Wew
Lad

eh dunno

it's not like you can notice it is being charged

this ain't Mika charging her V-Skill forever

But 58 seconds without your buttons against a competent player is not worth it. That's why people rarely ever hold it that long. The payoff isn't worth it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;232272650 said:
Level 2 is not fully invincible, it is upper body / projectile / throw invincible. And it is -1 on block. You need level 4 (8 seconds) for full invincibility and plus on block.
Oh wow, I had that wrong all this time...
Thanks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's why Punk is the best right now. Who would do something like that and win 3-0? Such a smug son of a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom