• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

She still has her strong ground game. Yeah, she can't rushdown anymore with IA LL xN so she has to be more reactive/defensive than before but she still zones well. stLK nerf hurts her AA game but she has an air throw and decent air normals to compensate.

Her EX moves are still strong, IA LL still is a good throw bait tool, still has a good dash and backdash and walk speed. She's sitting fine in the middle.

There are definitely more than 5 characters worse off than her. Juri, Nash, Alex, FANG, Kolin, Ryu, Mika, Birdie, Sim, Akuma.

her aa game sucks, that air throw got nerfed too. But i do think shes somewhere in mid tier. I definately think mika and maybe akuma is better than her.

FluxWaveZ

The way I see it, Chun-Li is like a better Juri right now in all but throw range. More health, more damage output, a better fireball, better buttons, etc. I personally have more trouble against Juris but, fundamentally, Chun-Li is just a more solid character.

Skab

They should make Taylor chuck booms with his feet.

oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif

mbpm1

The way I see it, Chun-Li is like a better Juri right now in all but throw range. More health, more damage output, a better fireball, better buttons, etc. I personally have more trouble against Juris but, fundamentally, Chun-Li is just a more solid character.

Does she have more damage? With resource management Juri can convert off cc's in neutral more I think.

Standard jump in stuff doesn''t seem too different if at all again with resources

Chun has better buttons, but I don't think Juri falls too far behind outside of the big ones of fierce and sweep

Juri also has better anti-airs and anti-fireball ability, and gets more off of these now than Chun.

General punish ability might be stronger too now that chun's st lk is 5 frames.

Juri also might have better oki off of throws than chun.

I sigh of relieve every time I face a Urien online. I actually have an answer to everything they try to throw. Meanwhile I have to deal with Laura's BS looking either for the Knee or Dash.

FluxWaveZ

Does she have more damage? With resource management Juri can convert off cc's in neutral more I think.

Standard jump in stuff doesn''t seem too different if at all again with resources

Chun has better buttons, but I don't think Juri falls too far behind outside of the big ones of fierce and sweep

Juri also has better anti-airs and anti-fireball ability, and gets more off of these now than Chun.

General punish ability might be stronger too now that chun's st lk is 5 frames.

Juri also might have better oki off of throws than chun.

It's hard for me to elaborate since I'm not very familiar with either of the characters, but I do know the general perception from the pros puts Juri as one of the worst and Chun-Li higher.

I wouldn't agree with Juri having better AAs. She still has her AA jab, but Chun-Li also has a good variety of options.

I dunno, just from what I've faced, I just feel like Chun-Li is stronger than what I've faced from Juri.

vulva

She still has her strong ground game. Yeah, she can't rushdown anymore with IA LL xN so she has to be more reactive/defensive than before but she still zones well. stLK nerf hurts her AA game but she has an air throw and decent air normals to compensate.

Her EX moves are still strong, IA LL still is a good throw bait tool, still has a good dash and backdash and walk speed. She's sitting fine in the middle.

There are definitely more than 5 characters worse off than her. Juri, Nash, Alex, FANG, Kolin, Ryu, Mika, Birdie, Sim, Akuma.
Her ground game is kind of irrelevant unless she gets you cornered where she can pressure with st hp, otherwise just jump in on her and you'll be fine. Her ground game, right now, consists of hit st hp, fwd mp and st hk which she doesn't get anything off of.

You're right that she has good air normals but to effectively use them you need to predictively jump instead of playing reactively, which really hurts those options. Her air throw is an option, sure and I'm glad it's there, but it's a thing that will rarely come up as a useful choice.

I definitely agree that her ex moves are good, probably the best thing she has right now tbh.

iall really isn't a great throw bait since, if they don't throw, you're at disadvantage and if they do throw you get very little damage and very little off her pressure on wakeup.

Alex, Ryu, and FANG are worse, agreed. Nash and Juri are debatable but I'd put them at equal or better than her by a very slight amount since they have damage and reliable anti airs over Chun.

Now we get in to the wacky territory with you saying Kolin, Birdie, Akuma, Sim and Mika.

Kolin is still too early to say with certainty how good she is, though she has ambiguous mixups off her ice and some really great mobility. I think she's a solid mid char but I think it's too early to put her in this conversation in general.

Birdie is definitely better than her. Big damage, tons of punishes from all over the screen, zoning tools that take characters out of their comfort zone and force them to play his game, armoured ex move that is safe on block and carries him across the screen. I'm not trying to imply he's the best or anything but he definitely is better than Chun.

Akuma can't be worse when he has safe pressure (air fireball acting as a shield as an example), big damage, decent mixups off a knockdown and good anti airs. His low health hurts him, but he still has plenty of strong tools to make him competitive.

Sim is probably the most downplayed character in the game right now. He get safe pressure off gale, strong v trigger with v reversals so bad now, tons of zoning tools and is capable of some damaging combos and rushdown while playing keepaway. He's at least mid, maybe upper mid. He obviously still has his faults, but I can't imagine him being bottom 10.

Mika isn't bad, I don't know how anyone could say that. She's not amazing now and has to work really hard to get in but she still gets a big pay off once she gets in.

remz

Feeling pretty chuffed, achieved a person goal in that I made it into Gold for the first time with kolin. Pretty big deal for me considering I normally hover around 2-3k with Juri. I think she's becoming my favourite SF character ever, I just have so much fun playing her

I feel like this errytime i play

tumblr_om65zf2e5J1smom8eo1_540.png

Ucchedavāda;232698594 said:
Damn, sorry to see you go. But I can't fault you for getting fed up with Capcom.
I'll still stick around. I'm still gonna come back to the game eventually, I just hope they've fixed the game's issues by then.

I'm simply not gonan have SF be my "main" fighting game now, just too many things I don't like about it right now.

I've still spent a total of 120$ on this stupid game so of course I'm gonna TRY to get my money's worth :|

The good part is that your avatar is now pleasing to look at. :D
I know, right!?

mbpm1

The hurtboxes, or the actual hitboxes? Either way, sometimes she'll pull stuff like this at times when I'm clearly calling something out, and it's not fun. Feels like an actual bug sometimes.

hurtboxes bc of that red fireball movement. sucks tho.

there are some moves that just do that. when I press kolin's cr. mk I can not only low profile things but it seems to move my hurtbox forward. birdie will do his dive on a good read of my cr. mk but the move makes it miss and go to the other side.

I'll still stick around. I'm still gonna come back to the game eventually, I just hope they've fixed the game's issues by then.

I'm simply not gonan have SF be my "main" fighting game now, just too many things I don't like about it right now.

I've still spent a total of 120$ on this stupid game so of course I'm gonna TRY to get my money's worth :|

I know, right!?

I wish injustass 2 would be on pc tho

It would be hilarious if this was the actual starting point for Capcom turning around Street Fighter V. But Capcom is probably waiting for TheSpoiler to give up hope so they can kill him with assphyxiation.

But Capcom is probably waiting for TheSpoiler to give up hope so they can kill him with assphyxiation.

they can kill him with assphyxiation.

assphyxiation.
200w.gif

Turned heel
The buttrayal
200w.gif

It's either Tekken 7 or Injustice 2 i can't handle 3 fighting games at once.
I rarely spend money on games day-1, and when I do, it's almost never any version above the standard.

But I fucking bought the deluxe edition for SF5 before release, I've already pre-ordered the Ultimate edition of Injustice 2 and now I'm gonna pre-order the Deluxe Edition of Tekken 7.

The hell's wrong with me.

It's gonna be fighting game nirvana though!

Edzi

• SFV
  • MvCI
  • Tekken 7
  • GG Xrd Rev 2
  • KoF XIV
  • Injustice 2
How the fuck am I gonna play all these games?

SFV is always gonna be my main, but I'm probably gonna dip my toes into Rev2 and MvCI. I'll probably treat Tekken and KI as casual time wasters.

I wish I could have gotten into KoF, but that game refuses to click with me. Injustice is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom