• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

SFV is always gonna be my main, but I'm probably gonna dip my toes into Rev2 and MvCI. I'll probably treat Tekken and KI as casual time wasters.

I wish I could have gotten into KoF, but that game refuses to click with me. Injustice is lol.

KoF is still somewhat big here in Peru, in fact we had Toshi (best Peruvian KoF player) in the World Tournament held in Japan a month or so ago, the single round setup was stupid but I heard he did really well in casuals and money matches. I'll stick mainly to SFV (if the QoL changes actually work), MvCI and maybe GG, while playing the others for fun and being able to understand them when watching them.

• SFV
  • MvCI
  • Tekken 7
  • GG Xrd Rev 2
  • KoF XIV
  • Injustice 2
How the fuck am I gonna play all these games?

I'd like to take a serious crack at getting decent in KoF XIV and Tekken 7 but I hardly have time to play SFV as it is.

I'd also like to mash through the story mode of Injustice 2.

I'd like to give a serious crack at getting decent in KoF XIV and Tekken 7 but I hardly have time to play SFV as it is.

I'd also like to mash through the story mode of Injustice 2.

It's been heavily implied that the Injustice 2 story mode might have choices/different paths.

So that's nifty.

two things about Kolin:

Is her V-Trigger a projectile? Because Birdie can then probably Bullhorn through it if she cr.mk xx V-Triggers.

Also, playing with Orchid in KI made me realize how cool it could be if Kolin could cancel her cr.hp into a jump on a successful AA and follow up with an air throw/air normal.

So a few pages back I was ranting about survival mode

Followed the advice to go online instead

Had a blast last evening! I found ranked much more beginner friendly than unranked. Won more than I lost, I met so many Akumas. Went up and down between 600-800 lp, aiming for next league tonight ^_^

#f*ckCPU

Also, playing with Orchid in KI made me realize how cool it could be if Kolin could cancel her cr.hp into a jump on a successful AA and follow up with an air throw/air normal.

You don't even need to leave SFV to see that. Ibuki and Akuma both have cancelable anti airs that juggle off their command jumps.

Hell, it's been in SF ever since the Alpha series.

We will perform server maintenance from 3pm to 12am on 3/26 PDT in order to prepare for the PC beta test. Thank you for your understanding.
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/845364322310144000

I wonder what kind of work they need to do to prepare, and they are apparently going to spend 9 hours doing it.

Had a blast last evening! I found ranked much more beginner friendly than unranked. Won more than I lost, I met so many Akumas. Went up and down between 600-800 lp, aiming for next league tonight ^_^

#f*ckCPU

Good luck!

Casual seems to have a much smaller player-base and probably an not insignificant number of people who are much better than their rank or who are trying out a new character, so matches tend to be blow-ups more often than in ranked. It's good for warming up, though, if you don't to lose LPs shaking off the rust.

Once lobbies start working properly, then I'd also recommend that you spend time there. It can be a lot of fun to play longer sets against the same person, and there is a lot less downtime than with ranked if you play in 2 person lobbies.

#f*ckCPU
Awesome, that's great to hear! Leave survival behind, that's where it belongs. Time to have some real fun.

MrCarter

SFV is always gonna be my main, but I'm probably gonna dip my toes into Rev2 and MvCI. I'll probably treat Tekken and KI as casual time wasters.

I wish I could have gotten into KoF, but that game refuses to click with me. Injustice is lol.

This. The first Injustice was okay but I just find it a MKX clone with DC comic skins on top of it. Animations are stiff too.

SFV and Tekken are the only ones I'll get into. I'll pick up everything else but they'll just be drunk games to fuck around on.

Tekken looks good and it will be one of my main 3D fighters once it goes on sale.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232733289]You don't even need to leave SFV to see that. Ibuki and Akuma both have cancelable anti airs that juggle off their command jumps.

Hell, it's been in SF ever since the Alpha series.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I'll be jumping into Xrd with Rev 2 due to ASW not being stupid about PC release dates for a change. I plan on picking up Tekken 7 as well, because while I don't really care for Tekken but love Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur, I guess I'll relent and take what I can get. Infinite being a 2v2 game has me on board for that too.

Wew boy. SFV is going to remain my main and I see Infinite taking a good deal of time from me as well, but I guess I'll see where Rev 2 and Tekken land as they're bound to be slim pickin's in the PC lobbies.

Skab

If Tekken 7 netcode, matchmaking and playerbase are solid, it will be my main game for a VERY long time. Too bad KoFXIV miss the mark in those areas.

KoF14s netcode got patched a while back didnt it? Did it not get any better?

The game is really fun, but I'm so bad at it/have such terrible execution that it's kind of discouraging.

Neoxon

The game is really fun, but I'm so bad at it/have such terrible execution that it's kind of discouraging.
It's better than before for sure, but not by that much.

Marvel

could never
Cannot decide which VO I like most for Kolin... both are rad. Esp love the EX high counter line delivery in ENG.

Village

Cannot decide which VO I like most for Kolin... both are rad. Esp love the EX high counter line delivery in ENG.

Her English has a mentally unbalanced bent that I don't feel like the japanese VO has. Which makes sense, because she is a religious zealot basically.

Neoxon

Her English has a mentally unbalanced bent that I don't feel like the japanese VO has. Which makes sense, because she is a religious zealot basically.
This is why I have Kolin set to English. She tries to keep her mental instability low-key, but it seeps out sometimes (like during her EX moves).

"I'm not dead!"
giphy.gif

MrCarter

This is why I have Kolin set to English. She tries to keep her mental instability low-key, but it seeps out sometimes (like during her EX moves).

SFV has some of the best VO, sound design and music in all of fighters released within the past decade. Hideyuki Fukasawa and his team have done a stellar job.

Kashiwaba

SFV has some of the best VO, sound design and music in all of fighters released within the past decade. Hideyuki Fukasawa and his team have done a stellar job.
If only capcom decided to give that game a bit more polish, this game is like a gold bar that's covered with turd lol.

Neoxon

You should probably be thanking New Generation Pictures for the English voice performances, they're the ones who handled the English dub for SFV & Capcom's other fighting games from SFIV onwards.

That said, while SFV English Ibuki can be debated, the English performances are vastly better than SFIV's across the board.

Marvel

could never
Couldn't agree more, lotta folks talk about the amazing animations but forget about the fantastic VA this game has too.

MCD250

Sakura's english VA wasn't the best. But it wasn't ibuki's. Ibuki's is just... uggg

Makoto's VA was cool, though she reminded me of very quick owner of a turtle
I just really liked the tone and inflection of her voice. She actually sounded like a kid to me (even though I guess she's not supposed to be a kid anymore).

I have Ibuki set to Japanese so I can't speak to her English VA.

MrCarter

If only capcom decided to give that game a bit more polish, this game is like a gold bar that's covered with turd lol.

Slowly but surely Kashiwaba, slowly but surely. The gameplay, visuals and sound department are fine but it's the rest which isn't too appealing. This new update seems cool though and is addressing a LOT of issues.

You should probably be thanking New Generation Pictures for the English voice performances, they're the ones who handled the English dub for SFV & Capcom's other fighting games from SFIV onwards.

That said, while SFV English Ibuki can be debated, the English performances are vastly better than SFIV's across the board.

Ah nice. They and Capcom have done a great job together.

That's true. I still hold Tekken Tag 2 the best in that regard, but they did a fine job for SFV.

I did say "some of the best" lol. But your right, Tekken Tag 2 was very good too, in fact, I think they have always been consistent when it comes to music.

Couldn't agree more, lotta folks talk about the amazing animations but forget about the fantastic VA this game has too.

My favourite is Karin <3

Tekken music has gotten worse over the years for me. Maybe I'm just not feeling it.

Injustice has the worst tracks through. I don't remember any of them. Sound design otherwise in those games is bretty gud.

Tekken music has gotten worse over the years for me. Maybe I'm just not feeling it.

Injustice has the worst tracks through. I don't remember any of them. Sound design otherwise in those games is bretty gud.
That is one thing that Netherrealm has never been good at IMO.

Only Mortal Kombat music I can actually remember is from UMK3. Can't remember shit from Injustice either.

Fortunately the PS4 has both Spotify and the ability to play media from your USB while you're playing so I'm not too miffed about that.

MCD250

I usually have Japanese characters set to Japanese and non-Japanese characters set to English, with a few exceptions. I have Charlie and Chun set to Japanese because I really like their Japanese voices, and I have Karin set to English for corresponding reasons (plus I always kind of got the sense that Karin had an interest in western culture and aesthetics, so her speaking English seemed appropriate). I also have Bison set to Japanese because Norio Wakamoto is just too godly. Vega is sort of funny because I swear he sounds almost exactly the same in English and Japanese, so I have him set to Japanese. Necalli too. Ken is mostly Japanese, so he's set to that language too.

Femto.

This is the legit reason why I stoppped playing KoFXIV besides the netplay.

Why is the execution so obnoxious? It is pretty discouraging.

Skilletor

Me when I wanted to main the lady with the People's Elbow and I open her move list.

Angel is one of my favorite characters ever, but in a 3v3 game, it's hard for me to put time into what I think is one of the most difficult characters to use when I don't get much time to use her.

Angel was one of my mains back in the brief period where I was taking KOFXIV semi-seriously, and the fact of the matter is that in the time it takes to get good with her you could get good with 3-4 less-difficult characters.

I'm hoping that Yamazaki isn't super complicated and plays like his CvS2 iteration cuz I really don't think I'd have time to learn another complicated character for a fighting game I don't really play competitively :/

Pompadour

Angel was one of my mains back in the brief period where I was taking KOFXIV semi-seriously, and the fact of the matter is that in the time it takes to get good with her you could get good with 3-4 less-difficult characters.

I'm hoping that Yamazaki isn't super complicated and plays like his CvS2 iteration cuz I really don't think I'd have time to learn another complicated character for a fighting game I don't really play competitively :/

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to learn a new game + 3 characters. I was trying to run a Nelson, Angel, and Xanadu team that overwhelmed me (not that Xanada is hard to learn, he just sucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom