• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It does, but often I'm thinking of using my other anti-airs before I realize it's going to crossup, so by the time I think of using it to anti-air I just have to block

That's just a practice thing. The more you play, the earlier you'll spot the jumpins and be able to react.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I think if she only had to charge MK and HK and not the fireball, she'd be better.

If they changed her to more of a zoning character like SF4 Juri, giving her all 3 levels of Fireballs, I feel like she'd be a lot stronger.

Also give her normals some range, and everyone elses while you're at it.

I find Juri quite irritating to fight as it stands. Lots of sitting there blocking her fireball and then eating dash up throw.

She is a SFV character - she's just worse at it than Necalli or Cammy.

Skilletor

Not anything I want changed, but I think it's funny how difficult cancelling the first hit of her s.mk is. Just pretty weird for a pretty essential tool in a game designed liked this.

mbpm1

Not anything I want changed, but I think it's funny how difficult cancelling the first hit of her s.mk is. Just pretty weird for a pretty essential tool in a game designed liked this.
I think they didn't originally intend it to be worth beans, just they had to give her something for s2

Bigg_Oggy

give juri her divekick
While Capcom is giving characters new moves, giving juri back her divekick would be a nice addition. Especially with her ex version having a wallbounce would work really well with her current move set.
I think if she only had to charge MK and HK and not the fireball, she'd be better.
I think just starting the round with all her charges would make her more of a threat from the start of the round, instead of retreating to stock up.
If they changed her to more of a zoning character like SF4 Juri, giving her all 3 levels of Fireballs, I feel like she'd be a lot stronger.

Also give her normals some range, and everyone elses while you're at it.
I think the only good zoner in this game is guile, and, sadly, Capcom might keep it that way.
I find Juri quite irritating to fight as it stands. Lots of sitting there blocking her fireball and then eating dash up throw.
V-reversal might be a good way to stop that approach, but that might get you grabbed as well. A good jump in will solve that, but I guess that's more of a read than a reaction. Play with the spacing a bit. Usually if you are close enough after blocking a fireball, you can punish her dash in.
I think she's fine but I wouldn't mind if they give her mid and high fireballs back.
Maybe if they gave each of her stocks an ex property. Maybe her ex fireball version would throw out low/mid/high fireballs? Idk, just spit balling here.
Yeah the window for this is pretty small. Also after linking from stMP, you might be too far to get the first kick to come out. It's pretty frustrating.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Make the second hit of her s.mk be cancellable. It alreadt looks like Kula from KOF st.B, and she's far more fun to play ;)

Sayad

Watching some Beta videos and Ryu's M DP still trade with jump ins, I know for sure Juri's does too! Is that particular change not live in the beta or were the patch notes we got just poorly translated?!

Thought:

Playing 'optimally' - playing the perfect game. Optimal spacing, optimal punishes, great footsies.

Does that exist as a way to play SF?

Playing 'smart' - playing the entire game as an effort to outsmart your opponent. Do the above, but the goal is to beat the opponent holding the stick, not necessarily play the matchup perfect.

Is that a viable route to success in SFV?

Do top-tier players focus on playing their own game as well as possible, or trying to outsmart their opponent?

Is there even such a thing as the perfect game?

I'd give Juri all three stocks at the start of the round in exchange for her becoming a bit less raggo (or, you know, lower input lag by 2f).

Marvel

could never
That feel when you keep bumping into the same guy for the mirror match and he beats you every set just by slowly poking you to death, no combos and setups that I use just boring af buttons.

It's matches like that I am still trying to get my head around, flashy combos etc doesn't mean you are good at a fighting game lol.

Gotta get out of the habbit of my MKX mindset.

mbpm1

Thought:

Playing 'optimally' - playing the perfect game. Optimal spacing, optimal punishes, great footsies.

Does that exist as a way to play SF?

Playing 'smart' - playing the entire game as an effort to outsmart your opponent. Do the above, but the goal is to beat the opponent holding the stick, not necessarily play the matchup perfect.

Is that a viable route to success in SFV?

Do top-tier players focus on playing their own game as well as possible, or trying to outsmart their opponent?

Is there even such a thing as the perfect game?

If there was ever a perfect game in other games, it ain't in this one imo. It's about correct decision making in terrible situations (block this string, or delayed tech through it, or delayed jab through it), because everyone will find themselves in terrible situations in each match most of the time. That's half the game, the other half is the traditional stuff. You can play the usual half of the game right, and still lose to a poor pressure situation. It's not just laura/rog/urien that this will happen with.

myco666

That feel when you keep bumping into the same guy for the mirror match and he beats you every set just by slowly poking you to death, no combos and setups that I use just boring af buttons.

It's matches like that I am still trying to get my head around, flashy combos etc doesn't mean you are good at a fighting game lol.

Gotta get out of the habbit of my MKX mindset.

Pick Birdie. Buttons all day and no flash.

It's kinda odd how Ibuki starts out each round with a full kunai set but Juri doesn't start with full charges.
Nah juri charges stocks faster than ibuki fishing more kunai out of her butt.
It's also an attack, comboable and it can nullify projectiles. It's good she doesn't start stocked Imo.

vulva

It's kinda odd how Ibuki starts out each round with a full kunai set but Juri doesn't start with full charges.

Juri can combo in to her charge though, Ibuki recovering kunai is never damage or positioning beneficial. Kind of hard to compare the two as a 1:1 relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom