• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

If people like me worried about no changes to the netcode. There is slowdown that isn't present in the current one. Maybe because I'm playing with Gold and Silver players who's PC aren't as good? It is annoying when I see rollback starting to take effect.
Fix your damn internet connection.

Hmm... I could swear you used to play FANG! ��

You seem to have missed a word there. Fixed now.

Since S2, FANG's no longer bottom of the barrel.

Everyone's favourite loosah has replaced him. He's now second worst, which fits him canonically.

FANG is still one of the worst characters in the game, but he's gonna be pretty viable with these season 2.5 changes.

vulva

Everyone's favourite loosah has replaced him. He's now second worst, which fits him canonically.

FANG is still one of the worst characters in the game, but he's gonna be pretty viable with these season 2.5 changes.

bragging

Edzi

Doesn't Alex beat FANG though?

And yeah, 2.5 is definitely helping Alex a fair bit too.

02static

Neo Member
I imagine this has been discussed, but I wish they used Cammy's existing hooligan air throw animation for her upcoming grab move. You see it so rarely anyway - it made perfect sense to adjust it and use it instead of doing one from scratch. Especially if it ends up looking like that andromenstrocity they've got on the PTR now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2-qFFP74M

Sayad

But that make your previous comment not make much sense! Vega have always been more viable than FANG and Juri, and with the beta changes, that isn't changing anytime soon!

vulva

I imagine this has been discussed, but I wish they used Cammy's existing hooligan air throw animation for her upcoming grab move. You see it so rarely anyway - it made perfect sense to adjust it and use it instead of doing one from scratch. Especially if it ends up looking like that andromenstrocity they've got on the PTR now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2-qFFP74M

I will say that I don't think the regular air throw and holligan air throw should look the same. Even if the startups are different, you want the actual move's animation to look different enough that someone knows which move they're being hit by. Mid match you may not notice how they took off from the ground, but you'll know what hit you so you have a better idea as to what to watch out for next time.

Producer

i've only just started incorporating shimmies and delaying blockstrings into my game to blow up throw techs and its been working out pretty good. Should have been doing this months ago lol

Marvel

could never
i've only just started incorporating shimmies and delaying blockstrings into my game to blow up throw techs and its been working out pretty good. Should have been doing this months ago lol
Likewise, feels good right?

Love to shimmy.

02static

Neo Member
I will say that I don't think the regular air throw and holligan air throw should look the same. Even if the startups are different, you want the actual move's animation to look different enough that someone knows which move they're being hit by. Mid match you may not notice how they took off from the ground, but you'll know what hit you so you have a better idea as to what to watch out for next time.

Yeah that makes sense; I guess it's mostly my fear of bad animation making its way into SFV that's making me look for easy solutions.

It's kinda odd how Ibuki starts out each round with a full kunai set but Juri doesn't start with full charges.

The odd thing is that Juri has charge stock moves that have the same advantages as normal specials instead of being better. It's like having to work to be a not-ass character.

Village

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";233291891]The odd thing is that Juri has charge stock moves that have the same advantages as normal specials instead of being better. It's like having to work to be a not-ass character.[/QUOTE]

this

So Kolin's overhead hits meaty after fierce slaps if your opponent backrolls, which gets you a cLP in the corner or a counterhit confirm into sLK midscreen:

mwW69E.gif

Just started messing around with her overhead since I don't use it enough, trying to see if I can find anything that sticks.

Neoxon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";233293727]So Kolin's overhead hits meaty after fierce slaps if your opponent quick rises, which gets you a cLP in the corner or a counterhit confirm into sLK midscreen:

mwW69E.gif

Just started messing around with her overhead since I don't use it enough, trying to see if I can find anything that sticks.[/QUOTE]
I might actually try that this weekend. I've been looking for some Kolin tech for a while now.

I just saw a video and twice, it did actual (not grey health) damage on block, and a chunk of it.

https://youtu.be/9RR29vZkfrQ

The explanation is that we are talking about two different things.
Normal attacks do grey health damage, which recovers over time unless you get hit for real. On the other hand, specials do chip damage on block, which is actual damage except that you cannot KO somebody with that damage. Critical Arts do chip damage and you can KO somebody with that damage.

Bigg_Oggy

Congrats Huw. Glad you're finding a way to enjoy the game. If streaming makes it more fun and less stressful, then that's something to consider doing in the future.
Took me way too long to get Calling. My mommy says I'm smart.
'scratches head' kolin guide....calling info...
Ah! I think I got it!
I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom