• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that make your previous comment not make much sense! Vega have always been more viable than FANG and Juri, and with the beta changes, that isn't changing anytime soon!

You need to realize I post a lot of stupid stuff.

Vega is definitely more viable than FANG, always has been. But FANG is slowly climbing his way up the ranks.

Femto.

Urien mains, what are you NOT safe after?

Not an Urien main but I can tell you they are not safe after blocking EX headbutt and regular shoulder. You can also press jab after regular air knees if you have 3F jab. That's all I know.

HardRojo

Close range tackle (EX is 0 on block), knees when they hit too high (EX is always safe on block though), EX headbutt which you should punish hard whenever you have the chance. The headbutts are safe on block, cr.MK is 0 (-2 in the upcoming patch). All of that off the top of my head. Ah yeah, close range fireballs, punish that shit if a Urien dares end their blockstring with a regular up close fireball.

Mr. X

Point blank fireballs (not charged)
crHP
stHP
stHK
crHK
fMP
df+HK
All headbutts
both target combos
Non-EX tackles unless spaced (EX is 0 so challenge him)
Regular knees unless spaced to hit low

Tan

Point blank fireballs (not charged)
crHP
stHP
stHK
crHK
fMP
df+HK
All headbutts

both target combos
Non-EX tackles unless spaced (EX is 0 so challenge him)
Regular knees unless spaced to hit low

Kind of misleading as the bolded are only -2. Only really punishable by 1 frame moves of which there are very few.

Mr. X

Kind of misleading as the bolded are only -2. Only really punishable by 1 frame moves of which there are very few.

Urien fastest is 4f, you can challenge him. They're not punishable but you get to take the momentum back.

Also, fought an ultra silver CountBlackula.

vulva

Urien fastest is 4f, you can challenge him. They're not punishable but you get to take the momentum back.

Also, fought an ultra silver CountBlackula.

sure but say I blocked a -2 move from urien and he did an ex headbutt right after, I'm not punishing him and I'm getting blown up for it.

While it's good to know when you can make it your turn, there's a distinct difference between that and punishable.

Mr. X

sure but say I blocked a -2 move from urien and he did an ex headbutt right after, I'm not punishing him and I'm getting blown up for it.

While it's good to know when you can make it your turn, there's a distinct difference between that and punishable.

You right.

Yes, a player can invincible move after doing a thing for the past 30 years across various fighting games. The human element is fun. Gotta figure when they're desperate enough to do something risky.

vulva

You right.

Yes, a player can invincible move after doing a thing for the past 30 years across various fighting games. The human element is fun. Gotta figure when they're desperate enough to do something risky.

I just think there's a pretty distinct difference, and asking for one thing but getting something else back can lead to confusion/potentially bad info. No offense meant by saying that or anything. Just adding to the knowledge base I guess?

Mr. X

I just think there's a pretty distinct difference, and asking for one thing but getting something else back can lead to confusion/potentially bad info. No offense meant by saying that or anything. Just adding to the knowledge base I guess?

I always took "unsafe" as - on block, which doesn't mean punishable too.

I'll edit for clarity.

stHP -2
stHK -3 to -1 depends on stand or crouch and size of opponent
crHP -8
crHK -14
fMP -2 but if he does fHP chain, it'll beat 3f normals
df+HK -4

Non EX Headbutt is -2, EX is -17

both target combos LP > MP -4 fMP> fHP -6

Non-EX tackles unless spaced (EX is 0 so challenge him) are -5 or worse. Hard to space to be plus on block during neutral.

Regular knees unless spaced to hit low are -4 at best.

Fireball uncharged is -7 point blank.

mbpm1

I always took "unsafe" as - on block, which doesn't mean punishable too.

Not everyone has this definition. Going by this almost nothing can be safe and the word loses any meaning. Nobody would ever do headbutt as urien without confirms. Using ken's st. hk, or necalli's st hk would be on the same level as throwing out an uppercut or a CA.

vulva

I always took "unsafe" as - on block, which doesn't mean punishable too

I guess I can see that, I just thought of something as being unsafe only if it is punishable. To that same extent, hitboxes are also important to note in that discussion. So like when looking at Chun's st hp, it's -5 on block. Now to a lot of people that sounds pretty punishable but the reality is that it also depends on the range that you do it and what the other character has. Like Cammy can punish with super, but only if Chun is point blank in her face doing it. Otherwise the travel time of the is slower than when Chun recovers.

As a reference, despite the move being -5 on block here's a list of some character's only punishes:

Chun ex legs if poorly spaced or super
Ken's super if I do it too close to him
Cammy VT DP only almost pointblank Super only if as mentioned with Ken
Urien V trigger

So, despite it being -5 on block, I can't be punished by most of the cast's 5 or less startup moves, and with those who can punish me are extremely rare. So, I think it's safe to say that if I'm playing against a birdie or fang or something, the move is safe on block despite the frame disadvantage.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Nah juri charges stocks faster than ibuki fishing more kunai out of her butt.
It's also an attack, comboable and it can nullify projectiles. It's good she doesn't start stocked Imo.

Even with burning all her stocks, she still does mediocre damage. Because her combos have a lot of hits, damage scaling really screws her up.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'd say you have my attention.

Rogs v-skill is honestly amazing. He has winning matchups against shotos and guile solely off the back of v-skill p. Has phantom range because it will hit the extended hurtboxes of fireball animations from a frankly obnoxious distance.

Marvel

could never
How do replays work? Are they automatically recorded when you play ranked?

Yup just click on your profile tab, select the replay you wish to save. Then head over to CFN, there's a replay tab so you can watch.
Rogs v-skill is honestly amazing. He has winning matchups against shotos and guile solely off the back of v-skill p. Has phantom range because it will hit the extended hurtboxes of fireball animations from a frankly obnoxious distance.
I need to take him for a testdrive.

There are just 3 characters now I have frankly barely used. Sim, Birdie and Rog.

Rog is the more appealing outta the 3 for damage and corner carry alone. But now you say he has a great v-skill also... nice. I don't see any in Silver league.

I looked through the roster for Tekken 7, and the character that jumped out to me was Claudio.

And of course, turns out he's low tier too.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I looked through the roster for Tekken 7, and the character that jumped out to me was Claudio.

And of course, turns out he's low tier too.

There are maybe half a dozen players in the west that are good enough at Tekken that tier lists are even a factor (outside of an obvious troll pick like Dr.B in TTT2).

Really, play who you think is cool and you enjoy using, you'll be fine.

Also Claudio has some of the highest damage output in the game, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom