• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balrog is bullllllshhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

giphy.gif

There are maybe half a dozen players in the west that are good enough at Tekken that tier lists are even a factor (outside of an obvious troll pick like Dr.B in TTT2).

Really, play who you think is cool and you enjoy using, you'll be fine.

Also Claudio has some of the highest damage output in the game, which is nice.

Tiers seem pretty compressed in T7.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ibution-ver-h-tier-list-from-20-japanese.html

I don't think it really matters for most of the player base, knowing the system is key it seems.
Well that's good to hear. Cause I am just freaking tired of SFV to be frank. Finally reinstalled and started up again and between the incredible server issues that keep logging me out or prevent me from logging in, when I did finally get matches it was always just flowchart uriens and Balrogs, nothing else. Got a Ken in between, that was actually fairly enjoyable since he wasn't playing like a nut.

I am just sick and tired of this game and I want it to go away.

So you like Quincys

If zafina was in the game you might like her
I was looking through the characters for TTT2, and Angel and Zafina are the ones that stuck out to me. For T7, it's Claudio, Josie, Katarina, Kazumi and Lee Chaolan that seem like characters I could play. Naturally I'm gonna narrow that down to 2 when the game comes out. Was also interested in Bob but his moveset just looked a bit too funky for my tastes.

Why would you want it to go away? That's kinda selfish. Plenty of people enjoy it. Just don't play if it's not fun anymore. I don't like smash. I don't wish it's extinction though, haha. Different strokes for different folks.

Why would you want it to go away? That's kinda selfish. Plenty of people enjoy it. Just don't play if it's not fun anymore. I don't like smash. I don't wish it's extinction though, haha. Different strokes for different folks.

I suppose that's true. Guess I'm just angry right now.

Also SF5 is the only game I feel that way about, I've never felt this way about any other game.

Village

I was looking through the characters for TTT2, and Angel and Zafina are the ones that stuck out to me.

Kazuya's stand is an interesting character.

For T7, it's Claudio, Josie, Katarina, Kazumi and Lee Chaolan that seem like characters I could play. Naturally I'm gonna narrow that down to 2 when the game comes out. Was also interested in Bob but his moveset just looked a bit too funky for my tastes.

Take josie and throw her in the garbage and play cool characters like muigel, and leo a constant reminder harada just stole rock howard genderflipped him and put him in a fighting game.

Have ya seen Josie's Rage art? She might act all bubbly but she is PISSED.

Though knowing myself, I'm probably gonna end up doing some stupid shit like maining Eliza.

Pompadour

Balrog is top 5, but ask PRROG and he thinks Balrog has too many bad match ups to be top 5 lol...these are the people Capcom listens too...

I'm curious if they listen to pros or use their online match up data. There's bad characters that have higher win rates than their tier suggests, likely because people don't know the match-up.

Balrog is dumb but I don't think his design is broken. If they fuck with his tools too much I can see him easily sliding into low tier. They need to tone down his damage and probably remove CC from st.hk because that move is too good at multiple things. People want to nerf his mixup ability but I feel if they do that he would be dead in the water.

MCD250

I may be wrong, but I thought Capcom said they wanted to avoid buttons that were good at everything for this game.

I'm watching this tournament on stream, and it's likle the third Ibuki in a row, is she that popular now ???

https://www.twitch.tv/firemanruby2
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a surge of Ibuki players online after Xian won FR with her and started catching the spotlight at other places. Feel like that always happen after big tournaments.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Kazuya's stand is an interesting character.

Take josie and throw her in the garbage and play cool characters like muigel, and leo a constant reminder harada just stole rock howard genderflipped him and put him in a fighting game.

Fuck you Leo owns bones. She's definitely my favourite of the Tekken 6 additions, with Miguel a little behind.

Plus she doesn't look like Rock any more, and never had his fighting style.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Balrog is dumb but I don't think his design is broken. If they fuck with his tools too much I can see him easily sliding into low tier. They need to tone down his damage and probably remove CC from st.hk because that move is too good at multiple things. People want to nerf his mixup ability but I feel if they do that he would be dead in the water.

It's functionally identical to M.Bisons st.HK and has more pushback.

People forget how godawful Rog was in Season 1

Capcom trying to get rid of V League Pro?

:/

That sucks.
Hopefully they actually had a reasonable reason for banning their account (like the data-collection causing a significant load on the servers), but I wouldn't put it past Capcom to just shut the door on V-League Pro for no good reason. Depending on the servers work, it might also simply have been a side-effect of unrelated changes to CFN, considering that V-League also cannot connect from "another PC, another IP".

I'm curious if they listen to pros or use their online match up data. There's bad characters that have higher win rates than their tier suggests, likely because people don't know the match-up.

They can just tone down the damage. Crush counters are fun, but Urien and Balrog's just need a bit of adjusting.

Ryce

As a reminder:

2/6 - Kolin teased
2/9 - Kolin revealed (3 days later)
2/28 - Kolin released (19 days later)

Hopefully the next character follows suit with a teaser today or tomorrow and an official reveal on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom