• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ucchedavāda;233332318 said:
The Balrog player would just have to hold down two buttons for 32 seconds for full body invincibility on frame 1, so a well-timed meaty would have beaten that TAP. But it looks like Zombegoast tried to grab instead and got read like a book.

Its Nash's CC HP. It doesn't need to be a true meaty to beat a TAP.

An oldie but a goodie

A0kRugw.gif

I told you guys her CA is shit.

vulva

I feel like Zombe, who seems to be a perfectly fine moderate player, would become a much stronger player if he actually understood concepts instead of jumping to conclusions.

Why exactly are people more down on the game now then say a few months ago it seems?

Before season 2 at least, there was still hope. Game had it's issues then too but it was still fresh and everyone hoped that they would fix most of the issues by the start of Season 2.

Instead we got Alex and FANG nerfs, the one hamster that ran the servers got diabetes and we got Urien's cr.mk. Also one-sided rollback, shitty lounges and other stuff are still here.

MCD250

Might be misremembering but I thought I'd read that the lack of SFV at EVO Japan (and/or some other Japanese tournament) was due to licensing issues of some kind.

Might be misremembering but I thought I'd read that the lack of SFV at EVO Japan (and/or some other Japanese tournament) was due to licensing issues of some kind.
Nobody has outright said what it is, other than what Mr.Wiz and MM have posted

It has nothing to do with Taito and everything about exactly what you think it's about.

God damn it. I wanted to troll, but you hit them with hot fiyah.

MrCarter

Tournament organizers lukewarm? Game is still pulling in the best numbers despite the controversy.

According to MM and Mr. Evo, it's probably due to Sony not playing ball, if I was reading what they were throwing down correctly

Edit: Actually Smash might pull in a little more? im not sure.

SFV not having presence at some side "pre-tournament" in Japan is fine as that's no indication if it's doing well or not - in fact I think there was a licensing issue. As long we keep getting our E-League, Redbull, CapCup etc. with high production values I'm good.

I'd say it's time to switch back to Rog but he got his health knocked down. What is Capcom doing?

SFV not having presence at some side "pre-tournament" in Japan is fine as that's no indication if it's doing well or not - in fact I think there was a licensing issue. As long we keep getting our E-League, Redbull, CapCup etc. with high production values I'm good.

Yeah, it's such a weird quote. Like, FR, a bunch of CPT events already, and eLeague have pulled in a ton of viewers. Entrances for things like ComboBreaker still have SFV as the top game. Just wish the patch would hit a little sooner, changes are gonna make more characters appear. Birdie showing up last weekend was pretty nice tho.

myco666

Keep getting 0-2ed constantly in Casuals and I am dropping every single combo. Yes, you read that right. I drop Birdie combos. I don't understand how I got into Gold in the first place lmao.

stn

I wanna try some FANG. I hate the character design and wish he wasn't goofy, but nobody plays him so I'm intrigued.

1. What are his block strings?
2. AA's?
3. Ways to escape pressure apart from V-reversal?

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend some good resources on Juri?
I've been wanting to pick her up again in V, since she was my first main in IV and one of my favorite characters, but I need all the help I can get.

I suppose that's true. Guess I'm just angry right now.

Also SF5 is the only game I feel that way about, I've never felt this way about any other game.
Honestly, I think it's because Capcom is on the brink of greatness with this game and keep fumbling before they score a touchdown.

So many bone-headed decisions it's kinda unbelievable. How did they ever think it wouldn't get torn up to shreds with it's barebones releases, or how all the causals wouldn't mind the traditional Arcade mode not being there? What's more baffling, is the cut-scenes are already in the darn game, they just needed to add difficulty, two rounds, and a mode where you play against the entire cast.

Just a weird thing Capcom has done with SF all around, but I think they will eventually pull it together. Either way, I'm reinstalling with S2.5 to see what's up. If its not up-to-par, I'll wait around for S3. They'll get it right, the fundamentals are too great. Just gotta stop being afraid of characters being broken and using the nerf stick so much before everyone figures out strategies. Good example is Balrog. he seems super powerful, but I'm happy they really didn't touch him that much. Really let stuff play out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom