• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

I wanna try some FANG. I hate the character design and wish he wasn't goofy, but nobody plays him so I'm intrigued.

1. What are his block strings?
2. AA's?
3. Ways to escape pressure apart from V-reversal?

Thanks.

1. I haven't really paid attention to specific sequences, but knowing the following is pretty helpful.

Advantageous moves:
  • +3 oB: st.lp (before patch), st.lk, cr.mk
  • +2 oB: coward crouch ~ kick, EX ryobenda, st.lp (after patch)
  • +1 oB: cr.lp, cr.lk, st.mk(2nd hit, whiffs crouchers), st.hk
Ending the blockstring safely (at -2) is often done with cr.mp (poke) or st.hp (CC fish), and you can be conditionally safe on some special cancels from those depending on distance/positioning. Canceling into LK ryobenda is safe-ish when you aren't cornered thanks to the leap back. MK ryobenda at distances where LK version whiffs puts a geyser between you and the opponent, making it harder for them to punish without a proper read and response.

If you're feeling cheeky, you can cancel into nishikyu > (EX) command dash for gimmicky mixups.

2. cr.hp, st.mk, st.lp, cr.mk, nishikyu

3. Mainly EX command dash, though it can be scooped.

I am having way more fun playing SFV now that I've clocked what I was doing wrong.

Gotta get that neutral game sharp as a knife. And good news! The neutral game is super fun as Birdie.

Laundry thief Juri
sfv_juri___matsuda_thrift_shop_by_tanooki128-db4oirj.png

They are talking about IAN talking about dropping Chun, and Chen says "did Ricki's play make you drop her"?

Like MOV played WAAAYYY better than her.

Shine is amazing. He needs to travel a lot more.

EC really doesn't as much love as it should.

ricki's chun has always been pretty wack imo even in s1

Even Justin was looking cleaner than her last weekend and he was dicking around. But when you hate your character, you probably give a shit less.

Producer

So who you learning instead of Chun?

Noone lol. My cammy sucks. I've just accepted im gonna stick with her

Even Justin was looking cleaner than her last weekend and he was dicking around. But when you hate your character, you probably give a shit less.

Thats a good point. She probably thinks very lowly of her and it might affect her play. Maybe MOV is a positiveass dude, apart from being godlike

vulva

Noone lol. My cammy sucks. I've just accepted im gonna stick with her

Thats a good point. She probably thinks very lowly of her and it might affect her play. Maybe MOV is a positiveass dude, apart from being godlike

My Cammy is super bad, but I think it might already be more viable than my chun at this point.

SFV not having presence at some side "pre-tournament" in Japan is fine as that's no indication if it's doing well or not - in fact I think there was a licensing issue. As long we keep getting our E-League, Redbull, CapCup etc. with high production values I'm good.

There was just a ButtonMashersJP 3v3 SF5 tourney in Japan a few days ago with lots of names (Daigo was even there).

Also, KVO 2017 is also going to have a 3v3 SF5 tourney.

It's not like Japan isn't playing the game or anything like that. SF5 simply won't be part of this particular event.

Pompadour

thats tight

how long did it take her to make that?

She says roughly 20 hours. A lot of that was finding the right screenshots and cutting out characters to maintain the pixelated look was obnoxious.

She made the background Hugo's stage as that's my third favorite SF character.

Village

She says roughly 20 hours. A lot of that was finding the right screenshots and cutting out characters to maintain the pixelated look was obnoxious.

She made the background Hugo's stage as that's my third favorite SF character.

Wow, well she did very good work. Though usually when folks do pixel art, they use the... I have no idea what those beads are called but they use them and I think glue them together? Maximillian's wife did that for him, he always has a bunch posted on his stream. Happy belated birthday and all that.

On a related note, I miss hugo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom