• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Well we got Lion Demon and Religious zealot ice witch so that's 2/6. Hopefully the other 4 aren't terrible

And lucky here we find out this month.

Oh boy

Hard reads in a clutch situation. I like that.

You were also using EX command grab as a wakeup option a bit too much IMO. Occasionally is fine if you think you have a read but try to just do a good ol' fashioned throw tech if the enemy doesn't have a command grab.

Also you don't always have to meaty with st.hk, you can do stuff like cr.lp xx st.lk xx bullhorn if you're fast enough, or fish for counter hit confirms with st.mp or st.mk. If you always just go for a meaty then your opponent won't respect your mixups.

You also rarely used overheads. Also didn't use your v-reversals or v-trigger as much as you should have.

You had some good situational awareness, doing things like v-skill in situations where the enemy simply can't punish in time. You have a pretty decent Birdie.

myco666

Hard reads in a clutch situation. I like that.

You were also using EX command grab as a wakeup option a bit too much IMO. Occasionally is fine if you think you have a read but try to just do a good ol' fashioned throw tech if the enemy doesn't have a command grab.

Also you don't always have to meaty with st.hk, you can do stuff like cr.lp xx st.lk xx bullhorn if you're fast enough, or fish for counter hit confirms with st.mp or st.mk. If you always just go for a meaty then your opponent won't respect your mixups.

You also rarely used overheads. Also didn't use your v-reversals or v-trigger as much as you should have.

You had some good situational awareness, doing things like v-skill in situations where the enemy simply can't punish in time. You have a pretty decent Birdie.

On the bolded. Yes I do.

Yeah looking at the match I definitely use that way too much. I usually just decide a thing I use as a meaty and keep doing it over and over. Really need to work on mixing things up.

Thanks for the tips!

Couldn't the Karin just v-reversal'd that? Or wait, did that super hit?

She wasn't in blockstun anymore so it was a win for me no matter what she did. If she had v-reversal'd during v-trigger activation I think it would have beaten that.

LakeEarth

She wasn't in blockstun anymore so it was a win for me no matter what she did. If she had v-reversal'd during v-trigger activation I think it would have beaten that.
Yeah you're right, watching again, she was completely out of blockstun when you activated super.

How good is Karin's v-reversal? I'm not sure if it's changed in Season 2, but in season 1, Chun's invulnerability on her v-reversal was so short that she'd get hit by Urien's super if she v-reversal'd the first hit. She had to eat a few hits of chip before reversal. Ken's was slightly longer, but would get hit by Urien's super if he v-reversal'd the hit before super activation (like a tackle cancelled into super).

I think Karin may be my new main...Looking at Punk's play, really fits with what I want to do. I just remember her having a few difficult combos with the Orochi stuff, as long as I can execute it, should be a solid addition to my Ken. What were her changes in 2.5?

I think Karin may be my new main...Looking at Punk's play, really fits with what I want to do. I just remember her having a few difficult combos with the Orochi stuff, as long as I can execute it, should be a solid addition to my Ken. What were her changes in 2.5?
None.

The only change she got was a bugfix when the Kolin patch dropped:

Bug – EX Ressenha – Could not immediately perform jumps or other basic movements post-recovery

Fix - EX Ressenha – Adjusted the landing animation so Karin can now immediately perform jumps and other basic movements post-recovery

https://twitter.com/EL/status/849645361161531393

Dunno what it's all about. All I know is this:
C8qYR10XUAEOLER.jpg

Blueblur1

There isn't an album launch party to highlight the game and a new character this month. Without that week of extra padding I assume they decided to push the reveal back a week. Too much between reveal and release might result in people outside of the core audience forgetting about the character.

Edit: I'm thinking the following: Reveal next week, StreetWriter intro video & V-Skill video the week after and release last week of the month with balance patch.

Lulubop

There isn't an album launch party to highlight the game and a new character this month. Without that week of extra padding I assume they decided to push the reveal back a week. Too much between reveal and release might result in people outside of the core audience forgetting about the character.

Edit: I'm thinking the following: Reveal next week, StreetWriter intro video & V-Skill video the week after and release last week of the month with balance patch.

I'm guess next Thursday, they seem to like Thursdays.

True, true. Can't fault them lately for communication, but I am hungry for some fresh blood.

We'll probably get a set date for the CFN if it's coming this month or not. (They said "shortly after. That could mean at any time!)

Blueblur1

True, true. Can't fault them lately for communication, but I am hungry for some fresh blood.

We'll probably get a set date for the CFN if it's coming this month or not. (They said "shortly after. That could mean at any time!)

You know I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed a week or so. Then it would be a May release though.

Regardless, the character team would probably still have moved onto the next new character so the June character might not be impacted.

Exr

Do we know how extensive the network changes will be with regards to stability and frequency of matches? This games pathetic right now, come home after work only to wait 20 mins for two laggy matches.

Pachinko

I just hope the next character isn't another lame hybrid grappler.

How about someone who is a mix of Dudley and Dee Jay ? I mean I'm just hashing it out in my brain , despite not 100% convincing myself of Byron Taylor being the next new character I'd suspect ... if he IS the next one I see those play styles as things that won't otherwise be represented in SFV any time soon so ...

With 24 characters in this game now ... I'd just have to wonder how often they take animations from one character and tweak them on to someone else. So , Byron could take the stance as guile and maybe he has projectiles that blast out from his hands or his feet but they dissipate quickly (like a light lightning zap from Laura) but animate similar to an oversized sonic boom or even sonic scythe from Nash. Then, perhaps he has a counter attack similar to Dudleys cross counter , maybe a command grab similar to Abel ? perhaps he also has a command dash ?

I'm just reaching I suppose, the other 2 military men are at opposite ends of the same spectrum - Charlie is rush down offensive and Guile is a Defensive zoner , so I can't help but picture Byron as being somewhere in between and that does mean a similar moveset maybe with more of a neutral game focus.

Whoever it is, I'm interested to see them ! Even if my age old prediction is correct and we end up with Byron, Azzam, Satsuki and Violent Ken ... I won't mind much. I suppose Violent Ken would be a bit of a disappointment so hopefully that last silhouette is actually Ed or something.

Kashiwaba

Do we know how extensive the network changes will be with regards to stability and frequency of matches? This games pathetic right now, come home after work only to wait 20 mins for two laggy matches.
I'm playing only 3 or 4 ranking sets a day since I'm going through finals + thesis writing...etc but even in those few games I'm experiencing a new kind of lag which i never experienced before of SFV, where the whole screen freezer for few secs then both players are still in their place after it unfreezes and sometimes the whole game slows down and feels like playing underwater.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Seems like every time I jump into ranked it's Guiles and Alexs blocking my path to ultra silver.

Fortunately the Alex meta has changed to something other than constant command throws so now I usually win.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
How about someone who is a mix of Dudley and Dee Jay ? I mean I'm just hashing it out in my brain , despite not 100% convincing myself of Byron Taylor being the next new character I'd suspect ... if he IS the next one I see those play styles as things that won't otherwise be represented in SFV any time soon so ...

With 24 characters in this game now ... I'd just have to wonder how often they take animations from one character and tweak them on to someone else. So , Byron could take the stance as guile and maybe he has projectiles that blast out from his hands or his feet but they dissipate quickly (like a light lightning zap from Laura) but animate similar to an oversized sonic boom or even sonic scythe from Nash. Then, perhaps he has a counter attack similar to Dudleys cross counter , maybe a command grab similar to Abel ? perhaps he also has a command dash ?

I'm just reaching I suppose, the other 2 military men are at opposite ends of the same spectrum - Charlie is rush down offensive and Guile is a Defensive zoner , so I can't help but picture Byron as being somewhere in between and that does mean a similar moveset maybe with more of a neutral game focus.

Whoever it is, I'm interested to see them ! Even if my age old prediction is correct and we end up with Byron, Azzam, Satsuki and Violent Ken ... I won't mind much. I suppose Violent Ken would be a bit of a disappointment so hopefully that last silhouette is actually Ed or something.

A 'sonic' archetype without a boom could be fun. Maybe an air boom (no ground?) and a nash-esque teleport. Idk. Personally I'm hoping for a character that isn't super mix up heavy.

Stubby normals are a lock.

119841-Can-t-Reach.gif

You know I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed a week or so. Then it would be a May release though.

Regardless, the character team would probably still have moved onto the next new character so the June character might not be impacted.

Maybe. But shit is coming out this month so I'd hope it'd drop around then.

YMMV, but I was able to get into a bunch of matches much, much quicker and had less problems in the beta. One sided rollback is still a big issue, since you can't fix people having booty connections but Capcom CAN prevent that shit from happening.

Edzi

Seems like every time I jump into ranked it's Guiles and Alexs blocking my path to ultra silver.

Fortunately the Alex meta has changed to something other than constant command throws so now I usually win.

Uh, that was never really a viable plan with Alex. Dude has a 6 frame grab with zero range and no Oki, so you getting grabbed repeatedly was all on you.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Uh, that was never really a viable plan with Alex. Dude has a 6 frame grab with zero range and no Oki, so you getting grabbed repeatedly was all on you.

Oh make no mistake, me getting thrown has always been on me. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Dash up grab and huge uppercut --> grab used to be big problems for me, but people don't seem to do that anymore.

HardRojo

Been very busy this week with classes, job interviews and learning how to drive a stick shift, so I'm looking forward to playing some SF during the weekend and hopefully we'll have more news next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom