• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Really? I'd imagine the opposite, Urien will probably be a hit with casual crowds.

Hmm, you might be right

He looks cool as fuck. I think visual design plays a part too,they might have not liked how nash looked.

Urien and Rog look cool. And Urien has the mirror

mbpm1

I work 2nd shift so I can't contribute and watch it live. But man I'm really happy to know that it's doing well, I hope it can keep it up.

I remember the EVO ESPN number averaging 201k. So yeah it's about the same.

Bigger and better things ahead, hopefully

HiResDes

I know a lot of people are talking shit about Gootecks but I don't understand why he decided to debut the hitbox on this insanely stacked League.

Hutchie

Using the 87p offer of a month of ps plus have been playing online alot. It hurts me pretty bad how unskilled i am at the game with Ken. Whats particularly bad are my throw breaks, pressure game and general defence. Even, when im matched with an ultra bronze or someone with more league points i feel its important to play the rematch even if i get trashed. As a result im bounce between bronze and super bronze. Oh well im just playing ranked until i reach lvl 25 so i can buy ken's black costume! I can also still blame lag for defeats lol!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Using the 87p offer of a month of ps plus have been playing online alot. It hurts me pretty bad how unskilled i am at the game with Ken. Whats particularly bad are my throw breaks, pressure game and general defence. Even, when im matched with an ultra bronze or someone with more league points i feel its important to play the rematch even if i get trashed. As a result im bounce between bronze and super bronze. Oh well im just playing ranked until i reach lvl 25 so i can buy ken's black costume! I can also still blame lag for defeats lol!
Just keep at it. Your defence will improve as you gain more experience fighting the same characters dozens of times. You'll be able to more quickly identify player tendencies and react accordingly. Same for throw teching. It becomes clearer over time what situations immediately precede a throw attempt and if you pay attention to that you'll improve in that area.

Once your defence becomes more automatic, your brain will be free to think harder about your offensive pressure. Once your offence is more practiced, you'll be able to instantly go from defence to offence and back as needed.

HotHamBoy

I'm shocked on how slow Capcom is at adding costumes to this game. Did the previous costumes sell poorly? If they're going to be this slow at it, then why make the Halloween/Christmas ones 'limited time only'? Keep them to give us SOMETHING to buy.

FANG and Rashid still don't have any decent alternate costumes. The best Rashid has is one where he's wearing ... normal clothes.

The costumes have been overpriced and underwhelming.

Classic costumes are all I'm interested in at this point. I have found most of the premium skins to be pretty lame, especially at $4 a pop.

myco666

Speaking of having stuff do offline, I noticed couple of days a go that trials and demonstrations are online only. Good shit Capcom.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;233522294 said:
Saw this amazing painting of Juri on /r/SF, and thought I'd post it here:

The artist posted a video of them speed-painting it, which was pretty cool, since you see them going through a bunch of alternative postures before settling on this one.

Thread, speed painting, and their Patreon with hi-quality files.

Wow and that's a digital piece! I'm looking forward to see her DLC costume this month.

vg260

The costumes have been overpriced and underwhelming.

Classic costumes are all I'm interested in at this point. I have found most of the premium skins to be pretty lame, especially at $4 a pop.
When word got out about how SFV was going to be serviced I honestly expected the shop to inundated with stuff to buy, but it's been tame and underwhelming to say the least.

Same, I bought PSN cards to buy a ton of costumes like I always do. But the pricing was so bad, I ended up using part of them to buy KoF and preorder Injustice 2 instead. Now I'm content with what's in the base game that I can unlock with fight money, and no plans to buy any.

The game just hasn't performed well enough, I imagine.

What a mishandled tragedy SFV is. It's fun but it could have been so much more.

I find it.... unpleasant, that what we do get is mere drips and drabs. Its messy. Remember when costumes were themed and released together for the entire cast.

Bigg_Oggy

I find it.... unpleasant, that what we do get is mere drips and drabs. Its messy. Remember when costumes were themed and released together for the entire cast.
Ah the good ol days. What used to cost for the entire cast (20USD) can now only get you 5 costumes...
What a fuckin joke.

Yup, the costume situation is bad. Maybe it is something they rectify if the game picks up after the April update.

The game will actually be reasonably defect-free once lobbies are fixed and CFN has not-hilariously-bad matchmaking.

"I only play good characters"

Fang is good.
also:
hm9e7rzcuypy.jpg

I don't know if GootecksPC is actually Gootecks but his connection was shit. Meanwhile i had a good match against Mike Ross days before.

I don't know if GootecksPC is actually Gootecks but his connection was shit. Meanwhile i had a good match against Mike Ross days before.

One sided netcode punishment ruins the experience of the game...MKXL new netcode rocks, not be a big fan of MK but damn that new netcode is on fucking point..step your game up Capcom, if NRS can fix their netcode so can you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom