• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Bison's stage looks great. I really wish Capcom could pump stages out more frequently. My wishlist:
  • Ancient Altar - A ruined Aztec temple with Necalli carvings, paintings, and sculptures, overrun with plants and snakes.
  • Nguuhao Den - F.A.N.G's lair and former base of operations for the Nguuhao, resembling a stereotypical opium den but with various poison concoctions in the background.
  • Ornate Villa - The courtyard of an opulent Spanish villa, adorned with lush greenery, a fountain, and narcissistic Vega sculptures.
  • Wrestling Dojo - A traditional Japanese dojo with a wrestling ring in the background, where various IJWPW women are practicing. Other women are lifting weights and doing other workouts. Yoko Harmageddon rides back and forth on her golf cart, following the fight.
  • Rowdy Prison (for Abigail) - A crowded, dingy Metro City prison with Final Fight enemies in the cells.

MCD250

4d4888151714266f0950e2f5a1848b17.png

Its from this 'Capcom Recap' post.
The detail is pretty nice.

MrCarter

Bison's stage looks great. I really wish Capcom could pump stages out more frequently. My wishlist:
  • Ancient Altar - A ruined Aztec temple with Necalli carvings, paintings, and sculptures, overrun with plants and snakes.
  • Nguuhao Den - F.A.N.G's lair and former base of operations for the Nguuhao, resembling a stereotypical opium den but with various poison concoctions in the background.
  • Ornate Villa - The courtyard of an opulent Spanish villa, adorned with lush greenery, a fountain, and narcissistic Vega sculptures.
  • Wrestling Dojo - A traditional Japanese dojo with a wrestling ring in the background, where various IJWPW women are practicing. Other women are lifting weights and doing other workouts. Yoko Harmageddon rides back and forth on her golf cart, following the fight.
  • Rowdy Prison (for Abigail) - A crowded, dingy Metro City prison with Final Fight enemies in the cells.

Yesyesyes.gif

Very creative 👌

Kashiwaba

Awwww yeah I'm ready for that next character after one more win in Casuals. Time to go Eita mode with my Urien.
I actually have 300k+ fm i can buy both Akuma and Kolin but i refuse doing it, i will buy S2 season pass when they discount it. Also i only need about 20k to 30k to get my platinum trophy, and unlocking the characters will make me get it so fast, but deep down inside i don't want to get the trophy now :p.

Holy fuck, just played some ranked for the first time in months to earn some FM and I've totally lost it.
I'm on like a ten game losing streak. Feel like I'm starting out all over again.
Might be time to drop Chun and pick up a new character.

Yeah. Ibuki wasn't the best choice.

Like I said in the other topic, had he let that Ibuki stew for a few more months he probably could have taken that. But dude got bopped for bring new shit in Duff City.

Even if Ken is a worse matchup, he would have been more comfortable playing against him.

sibarraz

Banned
Bought the game last week, Im having a better impression from it compared to what I played mast year, but holy shit, is the netcodw really this awful? I havent played a lagless game even on 3-5 connections. And it takes like 5 minutes to find a match, Im on steam but I thought that there was crossplay with ps4

Bought the game last week, Im having a better impression from it compared to what I played mast year, but holy shit, is the netcodw really this awful? I havent played a lagless game even on 3-5 connections. And it takes like 5 minutes to find a match, Im on steam but I thought that there was crossplay with ps4

There is crossplay.

Most of the long time to find a match is due to incredibly shitty matchmaking and servers (servers more than the matchmaking).

They're gonna fix the servers at the end of April when they release a big update, so just wait and see how they fix things.

Its ok, but this is actually the best shadowloo stage, and you can get it in mod form

I also modded better music for the better stage

Best non modded stage is problably guiles though, I like it
Sometimes I wish I went for the PC version instead of dumping so much money into the PS4 version. I thought my system wouldn't be able to handle it at 60 fps but as it turns out, it can.

Also if there's ever a FANG stage, there needs to be a mod that adds THIS music to the stage.

There is cross-play and you can see your opponents platform on the vs screen. Don't play 3 connections if you want lag free matches, stick to 4-5.

Consider turning off stuff like QOS on you router to improve consistency, and make sure to play wired (no WiFi). Having UPNP port forwarding on is probably required, unless you can figure out what inbound ports are used (Capcom seemingly only published the outbound ports), or you risk getting routed trough Capcom's routers.

You can use the following website to evaluate your connection. Click the details button after running it and pay attention to ping and jitter: https://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

I was watching PR Rog's stream and he was playing USF4. So I hopped online to try and get a match with him. We played a Yun mirror and I lost. I went into another match against a Akuma player and won. It felt good to win and I wanted to keep going but I know USF4 is dead so I finally play SFV online again for the first time since December.

Two hours later and it went about as well as it could to be honest. I got beat down a lot, but at least I didn't get too salty which is why I stopped playing in the first place. It felt good to get back into it. Ryu kind of sucks, but he's my boy so I'll play him regardless of where he stands. Besides that it didn't feel good to once again realize I'm terrible at this game. Once I feel taunted in some way by around my level I can play really dumb.

It didn't help that I threw out 50 random DP's which cost me some matches. I couldn't believe just how stupid I must have looked to some of my opponents. Obviously they were input errors when I was just trying to throw a fireball or link a medium into another medium or a heavy. Definitely something I need to clean up if I'm going to start playing again. But I feel like I'm just going to go back into hibernation and just be a stream monster instead. It's only a matter of time until I get too upset playing this game.

Shoutouts to Momo for making us all look like fools in doubting him last night. Insane set. And he even jabbed the shit outta that turn punch.

I was watching PR Rog's stream and he was playing USF4. So I hopped online to try and get a match with him. We played a Yun mirror and I lost. I went into another match against a Akuma player and won. It felt good to win and I wanted to keep going but I know USF4 is dead so I finally play SFV online again for the first time since December.

Two hours later and it went about as well as it could to be honest. I got beat down a lot, but at least I didn't get too salty which is why I stopped playing in the first place. It felt good to get back into it. Ryu kind of sucks, but he's my boy so I'll play him regardless of where he stands. Besides that it didn't feel good to once again realize I'm terrible at this game. Once I feel taunted in some way by around my level I can play really dumb.

It didn't help that I threw out 50 random DP's which cost me some matches. I couldn't believe just how stupid I must have looked to some of my opponents. Obviously they were input errors when I was just trying to throw a fireball or link a medium into another medium or a heavy. Definitely something I need to clean up if I'm going to start playing again. But I feel like I'm just going to go back into hibernation and just be a stream monster instead. It's only a matter of time until I get too upset playing this game.

Why didn't you hop into training mode after the first or second lost? Y'all gotta get some anti-salt going.

I'll play through casuals (or now, ranked), until I lose or have a match that's too close for comfort, and go figure out why. I'll practice that, maybe write it down or do some execution runs, and then jump back in. Or if I'm on tilt, I'll walk away for a second.

When it comes to losing outright, you gotta realize that even when you lose, you win, so long as you self analyze what you did wrong and apply it. Even if you don't see immediate improvements, you sure as shit will be better than your last match.

I was playing against a Cammy in casuals and she couldn't get her AAs going. Like, I could jump on her all day and she couldn't do shit. That's basically how I won. So in the second match, she just kept throwing out DPs. I didn't get what she was trying to do until I met up with her later that week in casuals again. I tried jumping in and got bopped every time. She used the match as a learning experience. I don't think that dude should be Super Sliver at all, but that's another story for another day.

MCD250

Best stage is Estate at Noon tbh. Simple and beautiful.

Waterfall at night is dope too.

I also really like Rashid's plane.

Rashid was reveal 9/11 Japan time. then he gets that stage, Capcom don't give a fuck....

Rashid was revealed at the Game15 convention in Dubai, which ran from the 10th to the 12th of September. This is not so much Capcom not giving a fuck as it is the fact that the anniversary of 9/11 is not that significant a date to the rest of the world. It's no good reason to postpone the reveal of a video game character, just because he happens to be middle eastern.

Duress

Who do you play and what level are you at?

Dealing with Rogs is:
Neutral jumping to catch dash punches
Bully him on wakeup because he doesn't have a reversal
Watching out for dash lows/looking at his bar and seeing how much meter he has
Killing him before he goes OD on you when he hits trigger

And jabbing that V OH so it's not a true mixup if have a 3f jab.

And depending on the Rog, you can cross them up free until they prove they can AA.

I play Sim so I can't really punish his dash ounches on block. My jump is too floaty to really do any jumping attacks.

I guess I can use the float more often. If I stay on the ground I think I'm screwed.

Neoxon

Ucchedavāda;233576238 said:
Rashid was revealed at the Game15 convention in Dubai, which ran from the 10th to the 12th of September. This is not so much Capcom not giving a fuck as it is the fact that the anniversary of 9/11 is not that significant a date to the rest of the world. It's no good reason to postpone the reveal of a video game character, just because he happens to be middle eastern.
They also didn't upload the trailer to their main SF YouTube channel until the 12th.

I play Sim so I can't really punish his dash ounches on block. My jump is too floaty to really do any jumping attacks.

I guess I can use the float more often. If I stay on the ground I think I'm screwed.

Ooof I think that matchup is pretty rough especially if they clip your limbs. I'd suggest watching some of Art/Sabin's NLBC videos when he fights Smug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom