• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well...yeah, pretty much lol. I think I'm too mentally weak to be playing SFV or fighters online in general. I take too many things personally. I'll tell myself that my opponent is taunting me just by doing stuff that works.

I'll be even more real, I think I tolerated SF4 more because I won more. But SFV has skill based match making so I get bodied more often. Which leads to me trying to "make up" for my losses. And that never ends well because I'll just loop myself into a endless cycle where someone new will piss me off and I'll get more upset and vengeful towards another guy.

I know this all sounds rather sad and pathetic. But I find it therapeutic to get it out of my system.

Nah, it's fine, it's good to talk about stuff like this because all of us go through it on various levels and ways. SF4 was like that for me at first. It really opened my eyes to how terrible I was in the grand scheme of Street Fighter. Up to that point, I hadn't realized just how damn good people were. So I went from being the man on my block that used to bust people's ass in any Street Fighter to getting my shit handed to me. Matter of fact, pretty sure my first online sets in SF4 were against Haunts iirc.

Maybe you can ease your way back with other fighters? I know only SF gets me stressed and angry when I start losing a lot.

Nah ranking down is fine, if you get bopped repeatedly you don't belong in the rank you are, staying in your rank, even if you frauded your way up there, just feels like some participation trophy bs; you lose too many times, you don't qualify to be there, period.

Forced ft2/3 sounds great though.

Bigg_Oggy

Nah ranking down is fine, if you get bopped repeatedly you don't belong in the rank you are, staying in your rank, even if you frauded your way up there, just feels like some participation trophy bs; you lose too many times, you don't qualify to be there, period.

Nah. I like the option to bail out of a laggy match.

Raitaro

Sorry to butt in again after lurking for a while but is there any word on the next DLC character, apart from the earlier (quite possibly debunked) rumors about Guile's military superior Byron Taylor? The next character is due in April no, seeing as Kolin was added in February?

(Coincedentally, Guile was added in April as well last year, which would line up with Taylor nicely if he is indeed the new fighter.)

New character is coming this month. Will probably get a reveal this week I'd assume.

It won't be Byron. That tweet was erroneous from the get go.

kirblar

New character is coming this month. Will probably get a reveal this week I'd assume.

The tweet gave the VAs for everyone with lines in Akuma and Kolins story modes. It wasnt erroneous, people are just that goddamn bad at pattern matching.

Bigg_Oggy

There's no one-sided rollback in other games. If it's laggy for you, it's laggy for them too.

Also because you can't "league down", a loss isn't the end of the world.

Oh, I meant in terms of street fighter. But if it's another game, then I don't mind at all.

But not being able to league down? That sounds pretty tough. I feel like if I reached a certain league and started getting wrecked, I'd be forced to either get better or continue to lose...

Actually, that system might be good. (assuming it's only relegated to ranked). You get the same level of opponents, giving you more opportunities to learn and improve, without worry of dropping into a league of weaker opponents. This set up could be pretty rewarding.

What is the big happening this week?

And the tournaments this week have been fucking crazzzyyyyyyyy

The tweet gave the VAs for everyone with lines in Akuma and Kolins story modes. It wasnt erroneous, people are just that goddamn bad at pattern matching.

I meant how people were dealing with the tweet.

Shit, you'd correct them and they'd be like BUT KOLIN WAS NPC.

Oh, I meant in terms of street fighter. But if it's another game, then I don't mind at all.

But not being able to league down? That sounds pretty tough. I feel like if I reached a certain league and started getting wrecked, I'd be forced to either get better or continue to lose...

Actually, that system might be good. (assuming it's only relegated to ranked). You get the same level of opponents, giving you more opportunities to learn and improve, without worry of dropping into a league of weaker opponents. This set up could be pretty rewarding.
Yup, it's only for ranked.

I personally love the system as it doesn't punish you more for losing but rather rewards you for actually improving.

Hate to be kinda off topic but I've been in the mood to get into fighters again. Street Fighter has always been my favorite. I have a Hori HRAP stick for the ps3. Do I have to mod it to make it work on the ps4? I know there was talk about it releasing a patch to make it compatible but I don't know if that was a rumor or an actual thing that happened.

Thanks!

MrCarter

Indeed. I like the sense of achievement when you rank up and if the system changes to allow people to stay in the same rank even after losing 20 times then they deserve to be in a lower rank.

mbpm1

I'm fine with ranking down. Points are eh so if I make it into a league and then get destroyed imeans I don't belong there

KIs system is cool though

Neoxon

Grand master Equivalent is just called bites the dust

Can I get a Crimson King rank

Just ranks for doing different things in the game.
Change Ultra Silver to Silver Chariot.

Change Ultra Gold to Gold Experience.

Change Ultra Platinum to Star Platinum.

A placement system and ranks per character would go a long way to encourage people playing multiple characters, and probably cut down on smurfs, too.

Also, the servers appear to be dying right now. No info on the vs screen and weird slowdowns before the matches start.

myco666

Haha, far from it man. Your patience, defence, teching and confirms were great! I knew that as soon as you had meter and hit me with the cross-up I was in for a lot of pain, and when you incorporated alot of command throws and normal throws my brain turned into a mess. I can't for the love of god tech throws or react decently against a good throw game.
Yeah, using CA as a punish tool or just for wakeup is the only way I know how to use it, hah. I'm terrible at confirming into it from anything unless I got a stun on my opponent, and have been blown up many times online because of it. :p Thanks for calling my Ibuki decent :D

These sets were alot of fun. It was tense the whole time and I believe the games
could've just as easily switched in your favor. Should play again some time!

You could just save the meter for something else. No need to spend meter just because you have it. Also I think you could use the command dash bit more. It is something that atleast blows me up totally.

Would be great to play again sometime. Maybe next time I could be atleast sober lol.

Man, just flipping through some of the EX characters, a few are way better than I remember them being, and a few are way more ass.

D. Dark wasn't that good. He had good trap setups but placement just took so much work. Also, his DP was ass besides being a combo ender or something.

V. Rosso was godly. A fucking command dash, high/low counters, easily able to get 1/4 bar off of a quick combo, and his excel stuff was pretty easy. He could build meter fairly well, and side switching was a pain to deal with. A lot of his concepts are in other characters now, but man he was something.

Skullo was booty. That character barely had anything going for him that other characters could do better. He's fine in excel, but outside getting things started was painful. Might as well pick Shadowgiest who did everything Skullo did but better, more damage, and way better supers.

Darun had some good tools, but nothing that stands out compared to Gief and how good the latter was. Felt really easy to punish most of his stuff.

Hokuto is the only character I remember being as good as she actually was. Sidestepping in EX is crazy because it can displace fireballs, and her movement was pretty good. Counters hung out a while and I feel like you can easily catch people with counters in EX.

Kairi is way, way better than I remember. Like insane damage, can space you out, great in excel and outside of excel, good DP. His supers weren't so hot on their own but if you got a combo from them that shit was good stuff.

But this is all from me playing the CPU and trying out a bunch of things so what do I know. It's pretty cool to see some of these character's playstyles leak into SFV (and in some cases, 4 as well). If (more like, when) Garuda gets in, I hope he's better than his EX version, because he's pretty damn vanilla.

Raitaro

Yes, expect news soon. There's a major happening next week so most likely a trailer will drop there.

Thank you my friends. Always exciting, these character reveals!

Can't seem to get the Stream Monster quest to fill up. Watching it on the site and everything... D:

Sorry if it's a stupid question but which challenge is this referring to? Not one of the current daily challenges (as far as I can tell), right? Are there other challenges in the game to complete for FM than the dailies (or modes like Survival)?

Ryce

I've been watching the stream for half an hour and "Watch Ultimate Fighting Arena for 1 hour!" is still at 0/60 minutes.

Marvel

could never
Ucchedavāda;233627890 said:
The hell? Just go paired up with somebody from Brazil. Needles to say that wasnt a good match. That has never happened before.
Always a suckass experience when it does though.

Rymuth

Thank you my friends. Always exciting, these character reveals!

Sorry if it's a stupid question but which challenge is this referring to? Not one of the current daily challenges (as far as I can tell), right? Are there other challenges in the game to complete for FM than the dailies (or modes like Survival)?
Whenever there's is an SFV tournament, you can earn FM by watching/Facebook/tweeting about it.

Right now, Eleague is under way

Torry

Neo Member
You could just save the meter for something else. No need to spend meter just because you have it. Also I think you could use the command dash bit more. It is something that atleast blows me up totally.

Would be great to play again sometime. Maybe next time I could be atleast sober lol.

Thank you. I'll be sure to work on that.
Haha, I'm looking forward to get stomped then.

It's been years since we've seen a Gief in grand finals of a CPT event. Let's go.

During CPT events if you watch the stream through here:
http://live.capcomprotour.com/
you can link it to your PSN account, and earn FM for SF5.

For Eleague, if you watch the stream through here:
http://live.eleague.com/
You can do the same.

HardRojo

Welp I totally forgot about the 60 minutes quest. Guess I won't have enough time now as it's Grand Finals time.
Edit: The counter isn't even going up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom