• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitching about ex-tackle is so scrubby. Rog's is 1 frame slower but other than that literally does everything better than ex tackle. Rog's shouldn't be nerfed & niether should have Urien's. They both cost meter & have no antifireball properies or armor, makes no sense for them to be bad on block.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Because I enjoy the series. I know Capcom are capable of improving their game every year. But then I see someone see a player from DR with 18 Win Streaks and see a mess on screen and question why Capcom has not address this issue like the audio problem in SFXT? The funny thing is it shows an average of 40ms of Ping in Dominican Republic.

Maybe in lower rank but it becomes a guessing game against a good Laura player.

Again, learn the matchup, Javits made a really good video showing where the holes in her gameplay are. 2.0 she lost a lot most of her good throw oki,and more is going away with 2.1. The scary situations at the moment are after she hits you with lp, elbow, gets you to block meaty elbow and st.lk point blank, and resets after EX fireball. The amount of people I've seen letting her continue pressure after her st.mk is stupid, when the move is minus on block

Spuck-uk

Banned
Am I wrong in the perception that Urien's EX tackle has been complained about much more than Rog's EX straight? Felt like it was a meme with Urien that EX tackle was a big problem, but that leaves him up close to you and neutral on block, Rog's EX straight leaves him with frame advantage. I hate this damn character.

EX Tackle is faster by 2 frames and has less pushback on block.

Is there a difference in travel speed though? As in what frame do they hit on if you are at far distance? Or is it not so different? Ex tackle seems to have a higher hit rate on average even in high level games but that's just my impression. (Also I suppose Balrogs are more likely to save meter for combos.)

Urien's EX tackle feels faster than Rog's EX dash punch. Combine Urien's ability to armor it with v-skill and v-trigger cancel it and you've got a can of pringles that just can't stop popping. At least once in a blue moon you can get lucky and hit Rog's EX dash punch with a cr.HK CC or an armored move, too. I can't recall how often people can actually react to EX tackle on the other hand.
You can't really react to either -- but if Urien's V-Skilled you get the telegraphing to know it'll be armoured, but Rog gets the benefit of being able to V-Trig after it as well

EX Tackle is faster by 2 frames and has less pushback on block.
The safety net of it is what annoys me so much, he can just toss 'em out. Meanwhile I don't mind the EX tackle because if you have a 3 frame move, it puts things into very concrete terms: It's either your turn, or he risks the EX headbutt. The thing is, this is what gets nerfed but Rog's doesn't? Bah!

Usage rates and match-ups for March are up on CFN.
Here are the usage rates by name, total usage, and change since last month:
Code:
RYU      11.335%  -1.429%
KOLIN    10.237%  +10.237%
AKUMA    8.729%   -1.905%
KEN      7.346%   -0.726%
CAMMY    4.575%   -0.452%
ZANGIEF  4.528%   -0.189%
URIEN    4.515%   -0.693%
GUILE    4.371%   -0.113%
KARIN    3.980%   -0.477%
M.BISON  3.713%   -0.403%
LAURA    3.713%   -0.784%
BALROG   3.635%   -0.509%
IBUKI    3.585%   +0.051%
NASH     3.200%   -0.353%
ALEX     2.986%   -0.310%
NECALLI  2.936%   -0.158%
JURI     2.649%   -0.450%
RASHID   2.600%   -0.333%
R.MIKA   2.484%   -0.007%
BIRDIE   2.113%   -0.191%
CHUN-LI  2.100%   -0.343%
VEGA     2.057%   -0.171%
DHALSIM  1.486%   -0.156%
F.A.N.G  1.127%   -0.135%

Looks like F.A.N.G is heading towards extinction.

This was her first month so it makes sense that Kolin is that high.

Though I'm really curious to see what her usage rate is like in a month or two, once that "honeymoon" period has worn off. She seems like a high skill requirement character but a lot of people seem to like her.

You can't really react to either -- but if Urien's V-Skilled you get the telegraphing to know it'll be armoured, but Rog gets the benefit of being able to V-Trig after it as well

The safety net of it is what annoys me so much, he can just toss 'em out. Meanwhile I don't mind the EX tackle because if you have a 3 frame move, it puts things into very concrete terms: It's either your turn, or he risks the EX headbutt. The thing is, this is what gets nerfed but Rog's doesn't? Bah!
I forgot this, but I guess that happens when there is almost no way to test DLC characters for free.
Ucchedavāda;233654836 said:
Usage rates and match-ups for March are up on CFN.
Here are the usage rates by name, total usage, and change since last month:
Code:
RYU      11.335%  -1.429%
KOLIN    10.237%  +10.237%
AKUMA    8.729%   -1.905%
KEN      7.346%   -0.726%
CAMMY    4.575%   -0.452%
ZANGIEF  4.528%   -0.189%
URIEN    4.515%   -0.693%
GUILE    4.371%   -0.113%
KARIN    3.980%   -0.477%
M.BISON  3.713%   -0.403%
LAURA    3.713%   -0.784%
BALROG   3.635%   -0.509%
IBUKI    3.585%   +0.051%
NASH     3.200%   -0.353%
ALEX     2.986%   -0.310%
NECALLI  2.936%   -0.158%
JURI     2.649%   -0.450%
RASHID   2.600%   -0.333%
R.MIKA   2.484%   -0.007%
BIRDIE   2.113%   -0.191%
CHUN-LI  2.100%   -0.343%
VEGA     2.057%   -0.171%
DHALSIM  1.486%   -0.156%
F.A.N.G  1.127%   -0.135%

Looks like F.A.N.G is heading towards extinction.
Kolin's usage rate is amazing. Makes me wonder what the usage rates would have looked like if we'd had tracking since the release of season 1 DLC characters. I'm still surprised by the amount of Alex players and stupefied by Chun's ever decreasing usage rate. So much for the benefits of being "iconic" lol.

Hyun Sai

I forgot this, but I guess that happens when there is almost no way to test DLC characters for free.

Kolin's usage rate is amazing. Makes me wonder what the usage rates would have looked like if we'd had tracking since the release of season 1 DLC characters. I'm still surprised by the amount of Alex players and stupefied by Chun's ever decreasing usage rate. So much for the benefits of being "iconic" lol.

Perhaps Chun Li players are spending 5 times more than the others in DLC costumes ? Give us stats, Capcom !

This was her first month so it makes sense that Kolin is that high.

Though I'm really curious to see what her usage rate is like in a month or two, once that "honeymoon" period has worn off. She seems like a high skill requirement character but a lot of people seem to like her.
I think that her usage rate is still impressive, when you consider that Akuma started out with a 13% usage rate, and he was a highly sought after character.

It should be possible to get estimates of the usage rates going back to the start of Season 1 by looking at V-League.pro. However, they don't make that information available directly, so you'd have to scrape the recorded matches. I'm curious about that myself, so I might give it a go.

I'm not too surprised by Chun-Li falling in popularity. The perception seems to be that you now have to work much harder for a win compared to many other characters, so anyone who isn't a character loyalist is liable to get frustrated and migrate to some other character.

myco666

Oh, we are taking one move from character and compare it to something else in a vacuum now? So it is okay for me to complain how Birdies ex bullhead is 14 frame startup and it is going to be -5 on block and it doesn't have armor or projectile invincibility?

You Urien players are going to be fine even if you can't press a button after blocked ex tackle. It is not like you are going to get punished from using it.

Naarmight

The 28th update how much is going to be in that? Balance and Thailand Stage I think are confirmed, but was the CFN update? Also we are due a new character, but are they going to be able to add one with everything else? (I am thinking no)

Had some weird matchmaking this weekend, in casuals got a bunch of US and even Brazilian matches (me being in the UK) all were pretty awful. One thing I did discover though is my Mika is free to Alex, I have no idea what is going on, every button I press gets punished, to the point the last one I fought I just gave up. Is this just me? I mean these are low ranked Alex's that destroy me

Hyun Sai

Nice to see Rashid and Juri above Mika.

Honestly, Dumb Clap carried Mika numbers. In my opinion, I don't see how such garbage visual design could attract that many players. People just go for the cheap. As long as they have to work for it, they're gone to the next easy stuff.

So balance is restored I guess.

Spuck-uk

Banned

The nerfs and buffs seem based in part what people cried about the hardest.

Otherwise, seriously, no buffs for Juri, they think she's fine?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Honestly, Dumb Clap carried Mika numbers. In my opinion, I don't see how such garbage visual design could attract that many players. People just go for the cheap. As long as they have to work for it, they're gone to the next easy stuff.

So balance is restored I guess.

Mika has a great look, sorry not sorry.

garbage visual design
OOvKF3b.gif

Also Big Band from Skullgirls does Ryu's theme.

People move to top tiers after new patch, CFN sources say.

Up next: Is F.A.N.G dead, or was he a character that ever truly lived? Find out after we return.

Anytime I hit a dude with Uriens elbow I never believe it's going to happen, so I end up letting them plop to the ground without doing some sick nasty combo.

MrCarter

This was top 8 at Ultimate Fighting Arena:

1. GRPT|Haitani (Necalli)
2. DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
3. SPY|Filipino Champ (Dhalsim)
4. FOX|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Verloren (Cammy)
5. ZW|GamerBee (Necalli)
7. Co|Go1 (Ibuki, Chun-Li)
7. Xiaobao (Necalli, Vega)

Liking the character diversity and not a Balrog in sight.

Bigg_Oggy

4. FOX|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Verloren (Cammy)
5. ZW|GamerBee (Necalli)

No Balrog, Laura, or Urien? Color me surprised.

ElFly

4. FOX|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Verloren (Cammy)
5. ZW|GamerBee (Necalli)

capcom to announce emergency Balrog and Laura buffs

1100 health, + on block for every move

You don't have the Urien mindset of not respecting your opponent at all.

I thought I was doing enough by just wakeup EX Headbutt but I guess not!

4. FOX|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Verloren (Cammy)
5. ZW|GamerBee (Necalli)

a8ERsFL.gif

No but on the real, sometimes it's better to have those three pop up because people are forced to learn how to deal with them.

And it's sad when character mains gotta put in that work explaining shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obw03MylZ6I&feature=youtu.be

JAXXX

(THIS ISNT TO BASH or BELITTLE, im a fan and just curious of others thoughts)

What do you guys think of Justin Wong? At the beginning of a games life(MVC,MKX,KOF,KI,and SFV) Justin easily dominates and does really well.

Then he falls off, do you think its a lack of discipline or does the playing field caught up to him?

Also in SF4 Japan clear ruled, In SFv the regions seems to be really close in skill. How would you rank them so far in SFV?
no order...
JAPAN
EU
USA-NA
SOUTHAMERICA

Dahbomb

(THIS ISNT TO BASH or BELITTLE, im a fan and just curious of others thoughts)

What do you guys think of Justin Wong? At the beginning of a games life(MVC,MKX,KOF,KI,and SFV) Justin easily dominates and does really well.

Then he falls off, do you think its a lack of discipline or does the playing field caught up to him?

Also in SF4 Japan clear ruled, In SFv the regions seems to be really close in skill. How would you rank them so far in SFV?
no order...
JAPAN
EU
USA-NA
SOUTHAMERICA
Justin Wong picks up fighters super fast and is good when he has to worry about a limited pool of players. When the pool is large that's when he struggles. Also he is not a lab monster as some other players so his tech is always behind but I feel he still gets underrated in that aspect especially when it comes to Marvel where he invented all the tech for his team by himself. It's just a matter of his drive and passion about a game.

As far as regions go, I think USA and Japan are pretty close. Ahead of EU who is ahead of South America. Japan will probably end up having the edge in a few months time once they have refined their characters up more and shore up the character inexperience.

It's weird to say that Japan has inexperience in character match ups when it used to be the opposite. The lack of arcade has definitely felt its impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom