• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Why hasn't Capcom USA offered Neoxon a job?

MY TURN:

Ultra Diamond is now Crazy Diamond.
How the hell did I miss that? I guess I forgot about the Diamond ranks for some reason.

Though in terms of getting a job, I'm a Computer Science/Programming major & a Theatre minor, so I could either work on games or do voice acting for one.

Pompadour

Glad that the quest for watching for one hour started working about 10 minutes before the event ended. Hopefully it'll do a replay or something that will still count for the FM.

Welcome to my hatred of SFV match making...

If you have to put up with that regularly, then you have my sympathy. This is a first for me, and I was rather surprised to see a bunch of people from North and South America in ranked, considering that I am situated in Europe.

The new CFN cannot come fast enough.

Wow, Killer Instinct has a pretty nice system for Ranked:

4 Leagues: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Killer

You can let the system decide which league to put you in by playing 10 matches. The outcomes of those matches decided which league you get put in. You can requalify once every month (if you want to).

Regular Ranked matches match you up with opponents of any skill level, but the final match that lets you rank up HAS to be played with people from either your rank or above. You CAN'T rank down.

Bronze and Silver matches are Bo1, but Gold and Killer matches are Bo3 without a choice. So you can't just win one and then bolt, you have to finish the Bo3 AND WIN else you get no points.

This system is so nice man, there's no pressure involved since there's really nothing to lose if you lose matches. Points can be gotten back and it all feels like you're working towards something (Killer rank). Just got to Gold there myself so I'm having a ton of fun playing ranked in that mode. Certainly helps that everything is so snappy and works so well.

The fear of 'losing progress" by ranking down really makes SFV Ranked matches feel very stressful for some.
It's honestly the exact opposite for me. Playing team based games with randoms gets me so angry. They usually flame, suck anyway and then flame somebody else for sucking.

At least in Fighting Games there's no excuse to fall back to. You lost, it's on you. You won, it's all you.

After you play KI, you can't take SFV seriously, balance and everything. Capcom said they "analyze" player's performance and want characters not abusing the same button over and over again. But then you have Ken's throw loops, Laura's guaranteed Oki on hit and M.Bison's free full screen jump in with Devil's Reverse.

If Capcom was really listening then they are listening to the wrong community and respond to knee jerk reactions. And they probably don't know their own game either because Juri has her Jab AA as well as S2 characters.

And then there are people who defend busted shit because they don't want their character to be nerfed. I've said this in S1 Nash is a great character but he has flaws. But what does Capcom do? Remove his hitbox on Cr.MP, remove his hitbox on his jump ins, take away his V-Reversal, nerf his EX Genocide Cutter and other dumb nerfs that makes no sense.

Capcom isn't going to do shit about One Sided Rollback. Bad players who rely on playing at 100ms ping and lag switching will just keep ranking up and get their ass beat in offline games.

After you play KI, you can't take SFV seriously, balance and everything. Capcom said they "analyze" player's performance and want characters not abusing the same button over and over again. But then you have Ken's throw loops, Laura's guaranteed Oki on hit and M.Bison's free full screen jump in with Devil's Reverse.

If Capcom was really listening then they are listening to the wrong community and respond to knee jerk reactions. And they probably don't know their own game either because Juri has her Jab AA as well as S2 characters.

And then there are people who defend busted shit because they don't want their character to be nerfed. I've said this in S1 Nash is a great character but he has flaws. But what does Capcom do? Remove his hitbox on Cr.MP, remove his hitbox on his jump ins, take away his V-Reversal, nerf his EX Genocide Cutter and other dumb nerfs that makes no sense.

Capcom isn't going to do shit about One Sided Rollback. Bad players who rely on playing at 100ms ping and lag switching will just keep ranking up and get their ass beat in offline games.
Preach brotha.

MrCarter

..you can't take SFV seriously, balance and everything. Capcom said they "analyze" player's performance and want characters not abusing the same button over and over again. But then you have Ken's throw loops, Laura's guaranteed Oki on hit and M.Bison's free full screen jump in with Devil's Reverse.

Yet you keep on playing lol. Also, wasn't the 2.5 balance update a direct reaction to what 2.0 was? Laura won't be as strong in the upcoming patch and the low tiers will be more valid to use in the game. Yes, FANG included. They actually kept to thier vision - which was buff the weak and try to keep them in line with the higher tiers. As for the one-sided rollback, myself and the group of people I play with haven't had any one-sided rollback but then again our internet is not ass like yours. I do of course get laggy matches, rarely, when I play casual/ranked but not frequently.

And they probably don't know their own game either because Juri has her Jab AA as well as S2 characters.
Isn't Juri's jab getting nerfed in the S2.1 patch?
Though I hope you are right, cause I just recently decided to main her again, come hell or high water.

Supposedly the development team is aware of the issue and investigating solutions. But this is based on what John Diamonon supposedly told somebody from /r/kappa recently, so take it with a double-sized grain of salt.

Bronze and Silver matches are Bo1, but Gold and Killer matches are Bo3 without a choice. So you can't just win one and then bolt, you have to finish the Bo3 AND WIN else you get no points.

Man I wish that was the case for SFV. To be honest, I don't necessarily want them to force a 2/3. What I want is that if you accept the run back after a loss(or win) then you have to commit to the full 2/3 instead of being able to bail after evening things up. For a lot of these players it's not about lag, it's about the fact that they got you back and they don't want to risk losing that feel even though the set is tied.

But if I had to choose I would prefer a forced Bo3 instead of Bo1. Reading about Killer Instinct's model was pretty interesting and I think it would be a better one than the current SFV model. Ranking down is definitely contributes to the stress of playing this game. You see how people in this very thread brought up how they ranked down or worked so hard to rank up and want to stop playing ranked because they don't want to lose their new and shiny Gold or Platinum plaque.

Jab AAs still working isn't because of AAs being strong so much as it is about heavy hump ins not having very good priority or hitboxes. At the same time there are still many characters lacking good AA options, so that whole interaction feels janky all around. As for the onesided rollbacks and 100ms ping... that is on Capcom. If I can play Brazilians and experience no rollbacks on SG while Edzi quits out of SFV because he is literally drowning in rollbacks while I'm perfectly fine then Capcom messed up somewhere.

When's Bryan Traylor

image.php

lol Wait, those were goggles he had on?

Rymuth

Fucking Laura...

Everytime i want to league up, she shows up like some goddamn gatekeeper. I'm seriously getting angry here and I never get angry when I play online games...

ArjanN

Man I wish that was the case for SFV. To be honest, I don't necessarily want them to force a 2/3. What I want is that if you accept the run back after a loss(or win) then you have to commit to the full 2/3 instead of being able to bail after evening things up. For a lot of these players it's not about lag, it's about the fact that they got you back and they don't to risk losing that feel even though the set is tied.

But if I had to choose I would prefer a forced Bo3 instead of Bo1. Reading about Killer Instinct's model was pretty interesting and I think it would be a better one than the current SFV model. Ranking down is definitely contributes to the stress of playing this game. You saw how people in this very thread brought up how they ranked down or worked so hard to rank up and want to stop playing ranked because they don't want to lose their new and shiny Gold or Platinum plaque.

The only problem I have with forced Bo3 is running into a super laggy connection and then having to play 1 or 2 more shitty matches. Even if the lag is the same for both sides that still doesn't make it fun.

Laura won't be as strong in the upcoming patch and the low tiers will be more valid to use in the game.

Are they nerfing her St.MP to include a hurtbox as an AA? Are they nerfing her Oki? Does she still have 2 Bars on her V-gauge? Has her damage output been reduced in her V-Trigger Combos? All she had was a nerf on her Cr.LK which is the least of her problems.

but then again our internet is not ass like yours. .

And you know this because? The player who enforces the lag won't experience the rollback.

Ucchedavāda;233633712 said:
Isn't Juri's jab getting nerfed in the S2.1 patch?

She had it in S1 but because people wrote her off nobody said anything about it. It should have been part of the universal light AA nerf when S2 came out.

And Light AA are still a thing for Nash. I can't even jump against 18f recovery moves without getting Jab AA.

She had it in S1 but because people wrote her off nobody said anything about it. It should have been part of the universal light AA nerf when S2 came out.

And Light AA are still a thing for Nash. I can't even jump against 18f recovery moves without getting Jab AA.

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant.
Yeah, it should have been toned down in the initial S2 patch.

They weren't even a thing in S1, you're just salty you can't jump. Nash's LP is one of his worse anti airs.

You know jumps are 40+ frames, right? Why would you be able to jump on 18f recovery moves anyway? Even with a super low-hitting move like a Kolin jHK or Birdie MK you're still looking at 25-30 frames easy.

Then why are you still playing this game lol
Seriously, all you're ever doing is complaining about something. I'm not even saying that your complaints aren't valid or anything. This game really does have plenty of issues that nobody can defend. What I don't understand is why you keep playing. It doesn't seem like you enjoy it at all.

Blueblur1

To me it just seems like the leads on SFV do whatever they want to do. The front facing dudes will ask for feedback and the actual JP game leads may look at it. They most likely respond with "Nah, we know better" and kept going about things their way. I know nothing but I would guess there are probably *few* instances where they take specifics pieces of feedback seriously.

Unlike Western devs, JP devs still live in their own bubble when it comes to lots of things their audience wants.

MrCarter

It's like a drug addiction for him. Or the salt.

To me it just seems like the leads on SFV do whatever they want to do. The front facing dudes will ask for feedback and the actual JP game leads may look at it. They'll most likely say "Nah, we known better" and kept going about things their way. There are probably few instances where they take specifics pieces of feedback seriously.

That's what I thought at 2.0 patch but then when Combofiend gave us the details about 2.5 we knew he and his team have far more control over the balance than it seems. The new patch seems good and is heading in the direction but they do need to get rid of all AA jabs and make V-reversals stronger.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Are they nerfing her St.MP to include a hurtbox as an AA? Are they nerfing her Oki? Does she still have 2 Bars on her V-gauge? Has her damage output been reduced in her V-Trigger Combos? All she had was a nerf on her Cr.LK which is the least of her problems.

And you know this because? The player who enforces the lag won't experience the rollback.

Her oki is getting nerfed, though most of the people who complain about her don't seem to bother to learn when she actually has advantage and let her get away with situations they shouldn't.

『Inaba Resident』;233638625 said:
Then why are you still playing this game lol
Seriously, all you're ever doing is complaining about something. I'm not even saying that your complaints aren't valid or anything. This game really does have plenty of issues that nobody can defend. What I don't understand is why you keep playing. It doesn't seem like you enjoy it at all.

Because I enjoy the series. I know Capcom are capable of improving their game every year. But then I see someone see a player from DR with 18 Win Streaks and see a mess on screen and question why Capcom has not address this issue like the audio problem in SFXT? The funny thing is it shows an average of 40ms of Ping in Dominican Republic.

Her oki is getting nerfed, though most of the people who complain about her don't seem to bother to learn when she actually has advantage and let her get away with situations they shouldn't.

Maybe in lower rank but it becomes a guessing game against a good Laura player.

Stop playing SFV and play KI then man, lol. You are in a battered relationship. Just move on. You guys are better without each other, haha. Counseling aint gonna fix this.

Am I wrong in the perception that Urien's EX tackle has been complained about much more than Rog's EX straight? Felt like it was a meme with Urien that EX tackle was a big problem, but that leaves him up close to you and neutral on block, Rog's EX straight leaves him with frame advantage. I hate this damn character.

Making people waste meter is a good feeling. I know you get it back like candy in this game but it's like, damn dude, enjoy.

Ohh also there's maintenance on Tuesday for five hours or so. That's so weird but it's better than 8.

To me it just seems like the leads on SFV do whatever they want to do. The front facing dudes will ask for feedback and the actual JP game leads may look at it. They most likely respond with "Nah, we know better" and kept going about things their way. I know nothing but I would guess there are probably *few* instances where they take specifics pieces of feedback seriously.

Unlike Western devs, JP devs still live in their own bubble when it comes to lots of things their audience wants.
This is mostly how I've seen JP fighting game development since last generation. Just gotta roll with it or play something else at this point.
Am I wrong in the perception that Urien's EX tackle has been complained about much more than Rog's EX straight? Felt like it was a meme with Urien that EX tackle was a big problem, but that leaves him up close to you and neutral on block, Rog's EX straight leaves him with frame advantage. I hate this damn character.
Urien's EX tackle feels faster than Rog's EX dash punch. Combine Urien's ability to armor it with v-skill and v-trigger cancel it and you've got a can of pringles that just can't stop popping. At least once in a blue moon you can get lucky and hit Rog's EX dash punch with a cr.HK CC or an armored move, too. I can't recall how often people can actually react to EX tackle on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom