• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was doing enough by just wakeup EX Headbutt but I guess not!

a8ERsFL.gif

No but on the real, sometimes it's better to have those three pop up because people are forced to learn how to deal with them.

And it's sad when character mains gotta put in that work explaining shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obw03MylZ6I&feature=youtu.be

How have I not seen that gif yet. LOL.

Yesyesyes.gif

We know she's coming eventually (right?) and I can't wait to see how Capcom retune her to SFV after seeing how well they did with Akuma.

yes please.

But she is coming to SFV, believe
Capcom, please
I don't think they've flat out announced anything but damn it, she needs to come back!

It is a bit unfortunate that she'll probably still be a schoolgirl when she does though. But I can live with that.

Can't even explain it but I always enjoyed her moveset more than any other shoto. And since I've gotten so used to FANG, it won't even matter to me that she'll be low tier!

How is that a treat? Doesn't it just make JWong look bad for whining?

Oops, that was my point. Punks Karin is so much better than his every time he loses homeboy needs to humble himself but instead he just gets pissy about the game. Ricki too. Meanwhile FChamp gets sorta salty then resolves to train harder.

Edzi

Oops, that was my point. Punks Karin is so much better than his every time he loses homeboy needs to humble himself but instead he just gets pissy about the game. Ricki too. Meanwhile FChamp gets sorta salty then resolves to train harder.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, JWong has been really sad to watch throughout SFVs life.

Punk uses Nash randomly. But only against frauds or people he knows he can beat :/

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, JWong has been really sad to watch throughout SFVs life.

KBrad lost confidence
Ricki won't change up her style and keeps picking Chun
Wong plays it too safe

Truly a dark timeline

peter0611

I'm happy for Haitani's win, even if it was over Itazan. Dude has been consistently strong since the game came out. Like Necali, he's the overlooked top tier player.

I also like that he's one of the few players who has been able to make Fuudo look human.
Fuudo scares me more than anyone when he's playing well
. Dude freed him up at CC last year.

Scotia

Banned
The only reason I play SF4 every now and then is to play Sakura, Abel and Viper. If/When they get added to SFV, I'll probably move on from 4.

Kolin's usage rate is amazing. Makes me wonder what the usage rates would have looked like if we'd had tracking since the release of season 1 DLC characters. I'm still surprised by the amount of Alex players and stupefied by Chun's ever decreasing usage rate. So much for the benefits of being "iconic" lol.

So I went and grabbed a copy of the data on V-League.pro, and did a quick and dirty plotting of about 9M unique matches. Obviously this is rather messy, due to my haste and the number of characters, and results differ from the official numbers due to only representing a subset of (ranked) matches, but it is still interesting.

Area plot: https://plot.ly/~Ucchedavada/2
Line plot: https://plot.ly/~Ucchedavada/4

For example, it seems like DLC characters prior to Akuma had roughly the same percentage of matches in Ranked when first released. However, both Akuma and (to a lesser degree) Kolin broke that trend, having a half to twice as many matches, percentage wise.

stn

As much as I recognize some of the bullshit in SFV, it is still miles better than some of the shit that exists in SF4. Mind you, I like SF4 overall. But I'd take anything in SFV a hundred times before I to have face some bullshit like El Fuerte again.

As much as I recognize some of the bullshit in SFV, it is still miles better than some of the shit that exists in SF4. Mind you, I like SF4 overall. But I'd take anything in SFV a hundred times before I to have face some bullshit like El Fuerte again.
Don't get me wrong, I do recognize SF4 was far from perfect and everyday I thank based god that I don't need to play against Fuerte, Seth or Rufus again but with that said.. at least I had defensive options against those characters (okay maybe not Seth lmao)
Nah SF4 had too many defensive options and made it more annoying to play. Not like I don't want more defensive stuff in SFV but I'm having way more fun overall.
and each defensive option had an answer to blow it up. I can't see anybody losing instantly to Rog or Laura within 4 seconds and saying that it was a better experience than a long thought out match of SF4

but im sleep

Bob White

I bring this up a lot, I think modern fighting games need button command dashes to better deal with how insanely quick things are getting on the offensive side.

mbpm1

SFIV is better than SFV bc I could play Ultra Ken in it, and that's enough for me.

no character in this game in either season or beta came close to the fun i had with that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom