• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I miss Dudley, such a Gentleman.

I started learning him way too late.

Smug responsible for half the Dudley online warriors...and he is the other half of accounts
246102335279857674.png

I played SF4 for a bit today then played SFV straight after and was literally blown away at how much better V looks. You don't really notice the jump in quality until you play them one after the other.

I've fired up USF4 a few times recently just to mess with different characters, characters I never game the time if day back then. I still think it's presentable and I think I appreciate it visually more now.

Skilletor

Dunno...I play everything. I get tired of hearing everybody bitch about SF5 all the time and still playing it. I hated SF4 for the entirety of its existence. I didn't waste any time talking about it. I just played other shit.

S2 has been a disappointment for me, so I stopped talking about it and now I'm playing KoF. I still like the game (SF5), and I'll check in w/ each character and for random matches (because I enjoy playing it),

Y'all like XYZ game more than SF5. Good, go play that. People spend so much time bitching about SF5 that it stays on the front when if everybody that hated whatever iteration of SF is currently out (because hating on current SF isn't a new thing. It literally happens with every one that comes out. Old game was better than new game...), there'd probably be more people playing those games.

Not singling anybody out. Just tired of seeing pretty much the same shit everywhere I go to talk about SF5.

yup...I will say it again, S1 nerfs should have been

AA Jab nerf
Ken's hitbox on air tatsu
Chun's Instant Air Legs

That's it! not literally, small little adjustments could have been made to damage, etc...but no one really needed to be beat with a nerf stick, nothing was braindead hard to defend against, and wtf for Capcom taking away Infiltration's ability to exploit a character to a different potential than what was outlined for him. S1 Chun, S1 Ryu, S1 Nash, S1 Ken, current Balrog, Guile, Ibuki, these are the standardize characters Capcom should be building everyone up to, not worrying about nerfing so much. The game just has too much damage potential to worry about balance issues right now, everyone can kill everyone for the most part. Buff Buff Buff Capcom, the nerfs can always come later.

S2.5 looks like they are fixing some of the biggest gripes, but man, I hope S3 they really get back on track. These crap and short normals everyone has is also a pet peeve of mine, like why?
You forgot Ryu's j.lk and AA jab. AA jabs in general needed to be gone except for maybe Sim's. Also, I'd take further hitbox nerfs on Alex cr.mp or cr.mk if it meant he could special cancel either one. I want a midrange game already.

You forgot Ryu's j.lk and AA jab. AA jabs in general needed to be gone except for maybe Sim's. Also, I'd take further hitbox nerfs on Alex cr.mp or cr.mk if it meant he could special cancel either one. I want a midrange game already.

Unless they make Sim's limbs and slide 20+ frame recovery and add a hurtbox in his light Drill Kick and start up of his St.MP then he should should not keep his Jab AA.

Because there is really no risk throwing how limbs randomly and then getting a Jab AA after preemptively jumping over them.

MCD250

Chun is way too technical and needs to work too much for the small amounts of damage that she gets.

As I recall her S1 damage wasn't necessarily great either but at least she had the advantage of being fucking busted back then.

Unless they make Sim's limbs and slide 20+ frame recovery and add a hurtbox in his light Drill Kick and start up of his St.MP then he should should not keep his Jab AA.

Because there is really no risk throwing how limbs randomly and then getting a Jab AA after preemptively jumping over them.
This happens way too often when I fight good Sims. I end up having to depend on EX slash elbows just to get in more than half the time.

Are jump-ins too strong or not strong enough?

Honestly guys, you all should try out FANG's AAs.

• If it's a cross-up attempt/jump in straight above you? Use cr.hp. In S1, people were crying and crying about Ryu's j.lk and I was anti airing that shit with (almost) no issues.
  • If it's a jump in with a move like Cammy's drill or a move with a decently placed hitbox? Use cr.mk. It's amazing.
  • If it's a jump in with a character that doesn't have great air normals? use st.mk.
  • If it's a jump in and they're gonna do a late jumping normal or gonna try and do a empty jump? use st.lp.
The great thing about cr.hp is that you can cancel the second hit into trap and it'll be + oB or into a light dash and potentially switch sides. I say potentially because it doesn't ALWAYS switch sides depending on the jump arc.

It's what makes me so disappointed about the character. He has ALL THE TOOLS to play defensive but since Capcom want him to be more of a "get-in and do setups" character instead of a "get a hit in and back off" character, I just see no reason to willingly play defensive since my damage output will be CONSIDERABLY lower.

Femto.

Are jump-ins too strong or not strong enough?

Honestly guys, you all should try out FANG's AAs.

• If it's a cross-up attempt/jump in straight above you? Use cr.hp. In S1, people were crying and crying about Ryu's j.lk and I was anti airing that shit with (almost) no issues.
  • If it's a jump in with a move like Cammy's drill or a move with a decently placed hitbox? Use cr.mk. It's amazing.
  • If it's a jump in with a character that doesn't have great air normals? use st.mk.
  • If it's a jump in and they're gonna do a late jumping normal or gonna try and do a empty jump? use st.lp.
The great thing about cr.hp is that you can cancel the second hit into trap and it'll be + oB or into a light dash and potentially switch sides. I say potentially because it doesn't ALWAYS switch sides depending on the jump arc.

It's what makes me so disappointed about the character. He has ALL THE TOOLS to play defensive but since Capcom want him to be more of a "get-in and do setups" character instead of a "get a hit in and back off" character, I just see no reason to willingly play defensive since my damage output will be CONSIDERABLY lower.

FANG wishes he could be like Guile.

Two characters with amazing tools to play defensively but one is the lesser child.

FANG wishes he could be like Guile.

Two characters with amazing tools to play defensively but one is the lesser child.

There's only one thing as boring (in SFV) as a Guile mirror match . And that's FANG vs Guile.

Guile does a few things extremely well, and they're all defense oriented (best fireball, great reversal, great anti airs) so naturally he's going to be the go-to if you want a purely defensive character.

FANG was clearly designed to be a jack of all trades but with the recent balancing, they're favouring setups and offense over defense and "smart" play.

Poison is really only useful in matchups where it's a stalemate, like FANG vs Guile, or in low-health and clutch situations. I've been saying this since day 1 that FANG has the potential to be easily one of the best characters in the game. If a poison/overall damage buff even comes at the expense of 25 or 50 health then so be it because it'd be wholly worth it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
One of my biggest problems with SFV (and SF4 for that matter) is that they opted to make buttons bad. Like..if you dont want me to anti air with crouch fierce then dont give me the fucking move. Instead of giving me a deliberately bad button, give me a good option that doesn't do what you think is 'too good'. I'd rather have 5 buttons that have good horizontal properties than trying to reconcile bullshit animations that dont match the hitboxes. It's one of the reasons why S1 Chun and Ryu were good. Their moves matched the animations and worked properly.

Same, buttons feel awful

Femto.

I don't fucking understand why people neutral jump for no fucking reason.

normal --> normal --> fireball/special --> neutral jump lol

There's only one thing as boring (in SFV) as a Guile mirror match . And that's FANG vs Guile.

Guile does a few things extremely well, and they're all defense oriented (best fireball, great reversal, great anti airs) so naturally he's going to be the go-to if you want a purely defensive character.

FANG was clearly designed to be a jack of all trades but with the recent balancing, they're favouring setups and offense over defense and "smart" play.

Poison is really only useful in matchups where it's a stalemate, like FANG vs Guile, or in low-health and clutch situations. I've been saying this since day 1 that FANG has the potential to be easily one of the best characters in the game. If a poison/overall damage buff even comes at the expense of 25 or 50 health then so be it because it'd be wholly worth it.

I really do you hope you get rewarded one day. No joke.

Xian too.

I don't fucking understand why people neutral jump for no fucking reason.

normal --> normal --> fireball/special --> neutral jump lol
More than likely to bait out a move. It's a decent strategy against characters like Balrog or Laura or Mika. Characters that have a somewhat fast moving horizontal way of getting in.

It's decent because there's very little that you can do to punish it unless you expect it to come, and even then that changes from character to character.

Though doing it too much is a bad idea in every matchup, I feel.
I really do you hope you get rewarded one day. No joke.

Xian too.
Thanks. It just feels so frustrating because it's not like there aren't legitimately viable defensive characters in the game (Guile, Dhalsim).
Xian already did though! ;p
Traded in the poison for the Bomb and Kunai.

Xian is keeping his FANG around though! Just probably only gonna pull him out for 1/4 of his matches. The guy that won a CPT event will never switch, tho. So at least twowill be rewarded.

I just wish the world wouldn't hate us Urien players so much. Fucking Capcom. Let me go full brain dead.

Sayad

Everyone need more than one character in this game, there have always been some stupid match-ups in SF, and it has never been easier to pickup new characters.

You know, it's actually kinda weird.

Street Fighter is the fighting game franchise that I've played the most, and Sakura's the only female character I enjoy playing with. The only other franchise where that's happened is Guilty Gear Xrd with Venom being the only character I enjoy playing, but granted I haven't really put any real time into that game.

Almost every other fighter I've played, a female character is my first option even if it's a playstyle that doesn't immediately mesh with me.

Orchid in KI, B.Jenet in Garou, King and Chizuru in KoF, Nina in Tekken 3, Shina in Bloody Roar, She-Hulk and Trish in UMvC 3, Jacqui Briggs in MKX, Sindel in other MKs, Lisa in Dead or Alive, for Tekken 7 I'm looking at Kazumi and for Injustice 2 I'm looking at Poison Ivy and Black Canary.

But in SF5, went with Bison at first but switched to FANG and now play Birdie. I thought Kolin would finally be the female character I enjoy playing with but nope.

Ganyc

You know, it's actually kinda weird.

Street Fighter is the fighting game franchise that I've played the most, and Sakura's the only female character I enjoy playing with. The only other franchise where that's happened is Guilty Gear Xrd with Venom being the only character I enjoy playing, but granted I haven't really put any real time into that game.

Almost every other fighter I've played, a female character is my first option even if it's a playstyle that doesn't immediately mesh with me.

Orchid in KI, B.Jenet in Garou, King and Chizuru in KoF, Nina in Tekken 3, Shina in Bloody Roar, She-Hulk and Trish in UMvC 3, Jacqui Briggs in MKX, Sindel in other MKs, Lisa in Dead or Alive, for Tekken 7 I'm looking at Kazumi and for Injustice 2 I'm looking at Poison Ivy and Black Canary.

But in SF5, went with Bison at first but switched to FANG and now play Birdie. I thought Kolin would finally be the female character I enjoy playing with but nope.

there is always Karin

Hyun Sai

I don't understand why they didn't up poison damage of Fang in V-Trigger. Seeing how they went ham with Yamazaki super poison damage in KoFXIV without it being broken, it's depressing seeing Fang's fate in SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom