• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was actually incredibly smart from the Birdie player. The 2 hits of armor from the V-Trig EX Bullhorn was the only way to stay alive in that situation, the forward jump was a terrific CA bait and an EX bullhead was the only reliable punish in that scenario.

If I were you, I'd add that person and ask to play more sets in a lounge.

You mean the Ken Birdie Flow Chart? He randomly threw out Bullhorn even when I'm just staring down throughout the game.

Why improve when you can complain on gaf?

And then I 2-0 him. Just like how I backdash after a lariat from Alex and beat them.

Edzi

You mean the Ken Birdie Flow Chart? He randomly threw out Bullhorn even when I'm just staring down throughout the game.

And then I 2-0 him. Just like how I backdash after a lariat from Alex and beat them.

lol, so you won and you still came on here to complain?

Mizerman

MCD250

The Alex Nation is like when you hear about one of those crazy people on the news who say they're going to secede from the country and name their house a sovereign nation or some shit.

Numb

The Alex Nation is like when you hear about one of those crazy people on the news who say they're going to secede from the country and name their house a sovereign nation or some shit.

We Alex players are a special people
Don't have to deal with this
alex confirmed top tier

nerf him

200.gif

thelastword

Banned
Great Stuff from Coolkid...Now he's making me want to finally start learning Alex which I've been postponing for the longest while...(Alex as a secondary, here I come)...

Shine is a much better player than romance though....

I was dicking around fighting the CPU and I finally got a hold of doing head butts off of medium punches. I also started getting good at confirming standing lk into tackles.

It's the little things but goddamnit it feels nice.

Kashiwaba

Alex isn't bad. Everyone acts like he can't win any thing.

I think he is one of the more annoying characters which i run into online with his parry and unguardable long ass combo, if you're careless against him you will eat the dust, personally i don't know why everyone consider him low tier, but i never use him so who knows.

mbpm1

I really need to stop playing ranked.

The excitement when fighting someone who is 5x better than you and then the disappointment when they leave is too much. And then you have to play some laggy ryu who's walk up/dash up tactics are unseeable.

I think Alex is fine as well. :Shrugs

I'm probably wrong. But whatevs.

And lol at that Charlie gif up there. Bad decisions, wake up super. Wat.

Why do people frown on wake up super? It works in a clutch for chip a lot of the times. I even seen pros do it. He could have waited and anti-aired or got thrown or pummeled in the corner.

Why do people frown on wake up super? It works in a clutch for chip a lot of the times. I even seen pros do it. He could have waited and anti-aired or got thrown or pummeled in the corner.

He ragging on the other player when he is making suspect decisions.

Show somebody else outside this thread that clip. They will go Nash play in a nutshell. Random teleporting and wakeup super.

It all perspective. It's always the other guy. He's playing dumb. He flow chart. He's cheap. Not me. Im honest play all day errrday. Lol. Please......

And wakeup super is fine. Another option at your disposable and to make the opponent think about. That EX was a great punish too. I bet if somebody woke up supered him, he would call it scrubby.

vulva

He's absolutely low tier, but that has never meant he can't win fights convincingly. Let's not get carried away just because we saw an Alex player do well.

Yup, but the same can be said about any character after a few good reads.
It's like when mov went 2-4 (no one counts gootecks matches) and people thought chun was clearly viable

MCD250

Just wanted to share to SF people:

Made this for a gaming event in my area recently, both in original and basic coloring:
Can't believe I missed this earlier. Excellent work.

I really need to stop playing ranked.

The excitement when fighting someone who is 5x better than you and then the disappointment when they leave is too much. And then you have to play some laggy ryu who's walk up/dash up tactics are unseeable.
I fucking love this game and playing it but there is nothing, nothing more salt-inducing for me than playing online with lag. Even if I win, I'll feel like it happened purely out of luck and I didn't get a chance to learn anything and/or try out any of the stuff that I'd like to practice or improve on. This has become a problem for me because most of the matches I get these days are at least somewhat laggy, which means I've basically stopped playing as a result. I still follow the game religiously and watch tournaments and stuff (and I greatly enjoy doing that), but the experience of playing it myself for extended periods can just be too unpleasant. At this point I'm basically pinning my hopes on the CFN changes that are coming this month to make things more palatable for me.

It's like when mov went 2-4 (no one counts gootecks matches) and people thought chun was clearly viable

Chun is pretty low on the scale, but MOVs style is what made his Chun work over the three or so that still play her.

And didn't another one make top 16 or something this week?

She's still viable, just takes a ton of work and can't be played like she was before : /

SmokeMaxX

The funny thing is, the first one is ex bullhorn which is super rare for Birdies to use. Not very useful against Nash either since his ex fireball doesn't hit twice the same way most ex fireballs do. Perfect solution to that problem. I'm a bit confused why you supered when he jumped though. Mashing? It was a super early jump.

I'm making a list of Alex players in this thread, so I know who to ignore when it comes to the matter of opinions.

Feel free to do the same for us 3 FANG players.

He ragging on the other player when he is making suspect decisions.

Show somebody else outside this thread that clip. They will go Nash play in a nutshell. Random teleporting and wakeup super.

It all perspective. It's always the other guy. He's playing dumb. He flow chart. He's cheap. Not me. Im honest play all day errrday. Lol. Please......

And wakeup super is fine. Another option at your disposable and to make the opponent think about. That EX was a great punish too. I bet if somebody woke up supered him, he would call it scrubby.

You guys really miss the point on my post. V trigger Birdie will spam ex bull head from random Birdie players because why not when there is no chip wins outside CA?

But you guys always have to disagree even when Capcom think the move is dumb when it's better than a DP. As well as my complaint about throw loops and light AA.

You guys really miss the point on my post. V trigger Birdie will spam ex bull head from random Birdie players because why not when there is no chip wins outside CA?

But you guys always have to disagree even when Capcom think the move is dumb when it's better than a DP. As well as my complaint about throw loops and light AA.
But the gif you showed had him doing the exact opposite.

He picked EX Bullhorn, the one move that would have countered the projectile and any normal you would have followed up with. That was legitimately heads up play, and let's be real here. You didn't HAVE to wakeup CA there, if you had maybe blocked the j.mp and then done the CA in between, you would have had a GUARANTEED CA hit since he could have done nothing to prevent it.

For what it's worth, I agree that EX bullhead having frame-1 armor in V-trigger and being -2 oB was stupid. But now they're removing the frame 1 armor and also making it -5 which I personally think is a bad call to have the second change alongside the first one but whatever.

myco666

That wasn't a bullhead. That was a bullhorn which can armor 2 hits and is -19 on block. If the Birdie player used ex bullhead you would have won because you hit him twice.

But the gif you showed had him doing the exact opposite.

He picked EX Bullhorn, the one move that would have countered the projectile and any normal you would have followed up with. That was legitimately heads up play, and let's be real here. You didn't HAVE to wakeup CA there, if you had maybe blocked the j.mp and then done the CA in between, you would have had a GUARANTEED CA hit since he could have done nothing to prevent it.

For what it's worth, I agree that EX bullhead having frame-1 armor in V-trigger and being -2 oB was stupid. But now they're removing the frame 1 armor and also making it -5 which I personally think is a bad call to have the second change alongside the first one but whatever.

Wait. Ex bullhead is losing frame 1 armor? I thought it was only changed to be -5 on block.

Wait. Ex bullhead is losing frame 1 armor? I thought it was only changed to be -5 on block.
Wait what the shit, you're right.

Goddamn it Capcom. EX Bullhead (in V-Trigger) should have frame-3 armor but be -2 or even upto -4 oB. EX Bullhead should be an option if you feel you have a read and are willing to spend a bar of meter on it (or to counter a projectile thrown upclose).

EX Bullhorn should never have had the frame 1 armor removed from the start as it's hugely punishable on block. It's the only wakeup option he has against meaties when he's not in V-trigger. Even cancelling it into V-Trigger is unsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom