• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

Wait what the shit, you're right.

Goddamn it Capcom. EX Bullhead (in V-Trigger) should have frame-3 armor but be -2 or even upto -4 oB. EX Bullhead should be an option if you feel you have a read and are willing to spend a bar of meter on it (or to counter a projectile thrown upclose).

EX Bullhorn should never have had the frame 1 armor removed from the start as it's hugely punishable on block. It's the only wakeup option he has against meaties when he's not in V-trigger. Even cancelling it into V-Trigger is unsafe.

I am not complaining about having two frame 1 armor moves but definitely agree with you on those changes. V-trigger EX Bullhead shouldn't be as good as it is now. Probably dumbest move in the game right now.

Last point reminded me. Is there a way to count how positive you are after V-trigger cancel? I think h.bullhead xx v-trigger is safe on block but not sure.

He blew up Karin 10 - 3 and he's considered low tier. Unbelievable. Nice one Coolkid.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyFrozenJackalPunchTrees

I hope CoolKid will be at Combo Breaker. I'd really love to meet him.

Last point reminded me. Is there a way to count how positive you are after V-trigger cancel? I think h.bullhead xx v-trigger is safe on block but not sure.

You are plus 3 after non EX bull heads on block.

To test, pick a character with a 3f and 4f light attack. Have them do the 4F move as reversal after blocking something. Do head xx vt cancel. Do st mp. It will beat the 4f due to priority (+3 and 7f move). Have the dummy do a 3f instead and the MP gets beat out as the 3f hits a frame before the MP does.

In other news Birdie is not dumb. He gets absolutely nothing for free.

myco666

You are plus 3 after non EX bull heads on block.

To test, pick a character with a 3f and 4f light attack. Have them do the 4F move as reversal after blocking something. Do head xx vt cancel. Do st mp. It will beat the 4f due to priority (+3 and 7f move). Have the dummy do a 3f instead and the MP gets beat out as the 3f hits a frame before the MP does.

Thanks! No way to count it though? Have to always just test it?

So a local Fighting Game community in my city has decided to branch out and do an SF5 tournament in my city. They've mostly been about KoF, MKX and Tekken. They even did a small tournament for KoF XIV that had official support from SNK.

I'm gonna try to give it my all and get this thing going, even if sometimes I feel like I'm the only "halfway decent" SF player in my city. If nothing else, I might try to get some mainly KoF players into SF.

I gotta say, this recent development has started to shake off some of my apathy for this game. Knowing that I have people to play with that are easily accessible offline is gonna be damn good for me.
Can't stress this enough. Birdie has to commit to everything that he does, and this EX bullhead in V-Trigger change is literally the one thing that he doesn't really have to sacrifice any life or positioning for (And he sacrifices a Bar of meter!)

It's honestly one of the reasons why I like the character, you can't half-ass anything. You have to whole ass everything.

Skilletor

You guys really miss the point on my post. V trigger Birdie will spam ex bull head from random Birdie players because why not when there is no chip wins outside CA?

But you guys always have to disagree even when Capcom think the move is dumb when it's better than a DP. As well as my complaint about throw loops and light AA.

People disagree because the gameplay clips you show us are full of you doing stupid shit and then complaining about it.

Lots of people in here have been disagreeing with Capcom's choices on this game. Read the room.

MrCarter

I gotta say, this recent development has started to shake off some of my apathy for this game. Knowing that I have people to play with that are easily accessible offline is gonna be damn good for me.

Nice. All you need now is for FANG to be at least mid-tier and you're good to go. You said you were from Pakistan right? You in Lahore or Karachi? It amazes me how these small communities have such an interest and passion for a game they will do anything to try and make it happen. That's one thing I want Capcom to be doing, make SFV even more diverse in terms of location and live upto to thier "world warriors" tag line by setting up CPT events throughout the whole world. Would be interesting to watch all these underrated players shine.

Nice. All you need now is for FANG to be at least mid-tier and you're good to go. You said you were from Pakistan right? You in Lahore or Karachi? It amazes me how these small communities have such an interest and passion for a game they will do anything to try and make it happen. That's one thing I want Capcom to be doing, make SFV even more diverse in terms of location and live upto to thier "world warriors" tag line by setting up CPT events throughout the whole world. Would be interesting to watch all these underrated players shine.
I'm in Karachi. Most of the SF player base in my country is located in Lahore though which is why it gets a bit frustrating for me as I can't easily travel to the other city for a meet up or tournament.

Honestly just making the online and netcode good enough to the point where it can contend with KI or MKXL will do wonders. Part of the reason why the KI community keeps seeing fresh blood is because you can legitimately become a tournament level player by just playing online against the high calibre players. If capcom implements that then the scene in my country and in all other smaller countries will grow EASILY.

Kashiwaba

So a local Fighting Game community in my city has decided to branch out and do an SF5 tournament in my city. They've mostly been about KoF, MKX and Tekken. They even did a small tournament for KoF XIV that had official support from SNK.

I'm gonna try to give it my all and get this thing going, even if sometimes I feel like I'm the only "halfway decent" SF player in my city. If nothing else, I might try to get some mainly KoF players into SF.

I gotta say, this recent development has started to shake off some of my apathy for this game. Knowing that I have people to play with that are easily accessible offline is gonna be damn good for me.You have to whole ass everything.

That's nice I've been looking for people to play SFV offline with in this city but without luck,i even went to the FGC club in my University which was full of 18~20 years old undergrad kids. I was like the dinasour who walked into the room, they thought i was one of their professors (I'm only 28) but it turned out the only fighting games they play are Smash, some of them didn't even know what SF is until i pointed out that Ryu in smash Bros Wii U is actually from SF.

I can't wait till I'm done with this city and go back to Toronto.

MCD250

I'm not convinced Balrog's damage scaling isn't actually busted/not working properly. Like legit, he can hit you 5-6 times when he has EX and V-Trigger and the damage literally doesn't seem to scale the way it does for other characters.

Been thinking a lot about play styles and the right way to play SF.

Sitting in lobbies trying to put myself in my opponent's shoes and play the strongest possible neutral game.

Lots of fun.

The damage scaling doesn't feel like the problem to me. At least, not by itself. Rog should be doing heavy damage - he always has ( for the most part). But considering SFV gives you meter for free AND he spends less resources to do that big boy damage, he makes out like a bandit. Rog is a character most at odds with SFV's system, because when you factor in how there aren't enough defensive options, he can bully you unless you have a character that can bully him back.

In my eyes, decrease some of the meter gain on a few of his moves, make his HK less spammy, and maybe apply like a 10 percent discount on that damage.

Kashiwaba

The damage scaling doesn't feel like the problem to me. At least, not by itself. Rog should be doing heavy damage - he always has ( for the most part). But considering SFV gives you meter for free AND he spends less resources to do that big boy damage, he makes out like a bandit. Rog is a character most at odds with SFV's system, because when you factor in how there aren't enough defensive options, he can bully you unless you have a character that can bully him back.

In my eyes, decrease some of the meter gain on a few of his moves, make his HK less spammy, and maybe apply like a 10 percent discount on that damage.

I always thought since characters have different health i wish capcom would take it one step further and scale V trigger and meter gain for characters, depending on how useful is their triggers and how much they need their meter.

I always thought since characters have different health i wish capcom would take it one step further and scale V trigger and meter gain for characters, depending on how useful is their triggers and how much they need their meter.

Meter is what gets the party started though!

It's really a case of some characters benefiting a little too much from the system. I don't want people to have less fun with Rog but I don't want people to die in a few hits of his shit. Conversely I do want more people to start doing lab work to counter characters, fair or not, in order to better identify problem areas and not just knee jerking around. Jarvits gets so much shit on Twitter that he has to preface that he's not saying the character is fair when he posts anti tech. And other people don't even give a shit about Brian Fs video on how to stop the OH mixup.

Unfortunately straight damage scaling might be the best option, because it's quick enough to get people to stop complaining and solves some of the problem, but I don't think it solves everything.

All reasonable nerfs. Watch Capcom give him a command grab instead come season 3.

That's nice I've been looking for people to play SFV offline with in this city but without luck,i even went to the FGC club in my University which was full of 18~20 years old undergrad kids. I was like the dinasour who walked into the room, they thought i was one of their professors (I'm only 28) but it turned out the only fighting games they play are Smash, some of them didn't even know what SF is until i pointed out that Ryu in smash Bros Wii U is actually from SF.

I can't wait till I'm done with this city and go back to Toronto.

Damn you are old.
I'm 28 now too

I remember when I was going to college up in Oregon we had a FGC club back and the main game there was SFIV as it was just released. There wasn't much of a smash scene at the time. Pretty crazy that your experience was the complete opposite.

LakeEarth

Meter is what gets the party started though!

It's really a case of some characters benefiting a little too much from the system. I don't want people to have less fun with Rog but I don't want people to die in a few hits of his shit. Conversely I do want more people to start doing lab work to counter characters, fair or not, in order to better identify problem areas and not just knee jerking around. Jarvits gets so much shit on Twitter that he has to preface that he's not saying the character is fair when he posts anti tech. And other people don't even give a shit about Brian Fs video on how to stop the OH mixup.

Unfortunately straight damage scaling might be the best option, because it's quick enough to get people to stop complaining and solves some of the problem, but I don't think it solves everything.
His 2-bar v-trigger juggle combo has to get a little less damaging, it's already giving you a corner carry from pretty much anywhere.

*Sigh* I've reinstalled the game.

Guess I'm back in.

Also it is still baffling to me that Capcom thought it was ok to make FANG's cr.mp 7-frames. Like WHAT. THE. FUCK

Shadoken

You still have to put in work with Cammy to get consistent damage.

Balrog though...

Well as a player who doesnt have any reversal options and no 3f jab. I find it a lot easier to block against Rog than Cammy. At least once you block Rogs specials you can get ur turn. Against Cammy it just Plus City.

Well as a player who doesnt have any reversal options and no 3f jab. I find it a lot easier to block against Rog than Cammy. At least once you block Rogs specials you can get ur turn. Against Cammy it just Plus City.

Fair enough, it can feel pretty damn suffocating against Cammy pressure, especially when you're in the corner.

I told you bro

I told you about sfv
I should join Street Fighters Anonymous or something.

Pompadour

His 2-bar v-trigger juggle combo has to get a little less damaging, it's already giving you a corner carry from pretty much anywhere.

Maybe they should backload the damage on EX dash punch. People V-Skill cancel the follow-up punch anyway so that would keep it's regular damage while toning it down for that particular combo.

Edzi

Balrog needs to be negative after his st. HK. Also, make all of his forward moving specials easier to punish and harder to spam, especially the EX versions.

Shadoken

NAh the combo is pretty cool tho. Instead of nerfing some of the few exciting things left in the game. They should nerf the number of ways to land it or increase the risk of doing it ( Make it punishable if dropped).

That way when someone actually DOES land the combo it looks hype to watch. When it gets done in every damn match and there is no real reason not to do it. It becomes too strong and boring.

Pompadour

Balrog needs to be negative after his st. HK. Also, make all of his forward moving specials easier to punish and harder to spam, especially the EX versions.

st.HK needs adjusted but I'd just remove the CC ability from it. It's just too good at too many things. I guess I'd switch his st.HP's CC to that of the st.HK spin so he can still combo, it just wouldn't be as braindead.

His forward specials are fine. They can be punished if he doesn't space them correctly and spacing them correctly usually means he's sitting back not doing anything which is where Rog is most vulnerable. I don't even think EX is that bad because even if he VT cancels an EX special on block it's not like he gets great pressure off of it like Urien does with EX shoulder. Rog's VT is great for damage, corner carry, and converting some moves into big damage once it's already active. It's not a great mix up tool unless he's already hitting you.

I miss the Arcade scene.

I'm really interested in how the game will be received in Japan once the Arcade version is released. Apparently Jiyuna said there's talks of MVC Infinite possibly getting an Arcade version, which would be interesting.

I think it'll be around summertime. Are they waiting on the new CFN or something? But it'd be an altered PC version so that wouldn't matter too much.

It'd be nice if the arcade scene was back. Beercades kinda fill the void, but you can't run locals at those things (well, you could, kind of, if it was on a weekday).

There are a ton of variables, like viability and all that. Plus machines are expensive, and you'd need a reason to draw more people in over staying home (and, to be fair, if people are leaving locals because they are getting older, this might not help). But man, I'd kill for that shit to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom