• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated fireballs in IV, so much recovery and pushback. Playing Gief in IV was an uphill battle at the character select screen. Idk how Snake Eyez did it. The patience required was more than I could handle.

When NCR played the clip of Infiltration's Oni vs Snake's Gief in super, it triggered me so badly.

Edzi

I want teabags to die and taunts to come back in style. They're not even that risky in V, you can cancel out of them with a block or an attack after a few frames.

Shadoken

you want to force akuma, ryu, kolin, and gief to spam v-skills and get blown up more?

R.I.P Vega players, nice knowing you.

New Taunt input : 2 2 2

Lol I didnt mean use V skills, the way they are now. I meant buff/change meter gain on V skills so that people use them more to actually gain V meter and use V trigger.
Also I never said "Spam" , but if most characters had really good V skills. Most people would be using them anyway to build VMeter rather than getting hit and using it as a comeback mechanic.

I just hate how its mostly just a replacement for Ultras. Get hit , oh ok comeback time. Especially when it does damage , then some characters get an additional mixup/damage with it too.

I want teabags to die and taunts to come back in style. They're not even that risky in V, you can cancel out of them with a block or an attack after a few frames.

The fact that there is only one taunt per character is such a shame. There needs to be more taunts, more win-quotes, quotes for the vs screen, and other stuff that allow you to put a personal touch on things. They could even sell those for FM.

Producer

Ucchedavāda;234095311 said:
Eh, it's no "Sorry!".

EDIT: Beating somebody who taunted you, and spamming 'Sorry!' at every knock-down never got old. I am, of course, rather childish.

Lol yeah, umvc3's version also has a hitbox for the maximum disrespect

Dahbomb

I feel like they should nerf V-meter gained by getting hit and buff V-meter gained by using V-skill.

At least in SF4 the comeback mechanic would do damage and then it was used up. In SFV , that shit is like X factor. Not only does it extend combos to do crazy damage , but if buffs some characters a bit too much.
That doesn't work for a lot of characters though like Bison. It's much harder for some characters to build V Trigger than others.

I think another thing that could be scaled back is the meter gain. It's a little OD that characters can easily gain access to Super within a single round.

ElFly

I def don't mind seeing combo execution going away

combos are a single player game. sure, some people will crumble under pressure and that's cool, but most of the time in SF4 you saw, say, daigo, do his typical cMP, cMK, fireball, ultra like a robot (or whatever the combo was) and you knew, because you have studied SF4 and know that whatever he did was a 1 frame link and that's impressive

but it doesn't really _look_ impressive. you've checked your math and know it is impressive but that's different

combos are a single player game. sure, some people will crumble under pressure and that's cool, but most of the time in SF4 you saw, say, daigo, do his typical cMP, cMK, fireball, ultra like a robot (or whatever the combo was) and you knew, because you have studied SF4 and know that whatever he did was a 1 frame link and that's impressive

but it doesn't really _look_ impressive. you've checked your math and know it is impressive but that's different

Sako's done things with Elena i've never been able to replicate no matter how hard I tried.

its impressive to me at least

kirblar

Hell Fuudo dropped a cancdl yesterday! People will still screw up, the systrms just no longer deliberately designed to make it happen consistently.

Pompadour

Yeah, I never really took it as interesting or impressive, either. I could never do this shit in a million years, let alone with consistency during a big tournament.

But once a player reaches a certain level with a character you expect them to be able to do those super hard combos when it counts. It's more interesting when they drop the combo than if they successfully​ complete it, honestly. Maybe if there was one player who was the only one who could do a crazy combo in tournament play consistently then I'd have a different opinion.

I mean, I guess it's possible some Desk-type guy could show up and stick people into SF4 Chun-Li style infinites consistently. I also kind of liked it when Smug would get multiple reps of Dudley's MGB loop going. But these are specific examples when what most people are referring to when talking about what was lost from V's easier execution is there's no 1f link gating off a combo for a character that is essential to playing them competitively. They aren't talking about extremely unpractical, stylish combos.

MrCarter

I feel like they should nerf V-meter gained by getting hit and buff V-meter gained by using V-skill.

At least in SF4 the comeback mechanic would do damage and then it was used up. In SFV , that shit is like X factor. Not only does it extend combos to do crazy damage , but if buffs some characters a bit too much.

I do agree they need to make V-skills better and more varied but there is no way I want it to be like SF4. SF4 comeback mechanic (ultras) were the the most scrub friendly stuff in a SF game ever that took little to no skill whatsoever and did insane damage.

Shadoken

I do agree they need to make V-skills better and more varied but there is no way I want it to be like SF4. SF4 comeback mechanic (ultras) were the the most scrub friendly stuff in a SF game ever that took little to no skill whatsoever and did insane damage.

Thats what am saying , I want Vtrigger to be less like SF4 Ultras. Right now many characters primarily rely on "Getting hit" to build a V trigger.

And the risk reward for using V skills that build up V gauge is not that favorable. While the Vskills that are used a lot , dont build any.

People wanting 1 frame links when pro players still dropping combos in SFV.

What SFV needs is probably a new mechanic, better limbs, anti airs/less good jump ins. An additional defensive mechanic to escape the throw loops/frame trap pressure in corner would go a long way.
More specials that can do this (whether through frame one armor or invulnerable frames) would accomplish the same thing for escaping pressure. I remember some people saying I was going overboard when I said Nash should have a reversal in EX scythe kick. Lo and behold Capcom goes halfway and makes it throw invincible on wakeup.

Basically, look at what makes Karin awesome and just start applying it to the weaker members of the cast (just be careful about Nash and Chun).

Pompadour

Thats what am saying , I want Vtrigger to be less like SF4 Ultras. Right now many characters primarily rely on "Getting hit" to build a V trigger.

And the risk reward for using V skills that build up V gauge is not that favorable. While the Vskills that are used a lot , dont build any.

V-Skills need to be adjusted across the board so they become more integral to a character's playstyle like they are for Rog and Guile. Reducing meter gain on taking damage while making V-Skills better seems fair.

ElFly

I agree that v-skills need to be the main way of getting v-trigger

v-trigger bar from getting hit should give you full bar when you get to the last 5% of life for everyone, from akuma to gief; the difference between 2 and 3 bar v-trigger should determine how often you need to apply the v-skill -which is already sketchy since some v-skills will be inevitably better than others-

I main Tusk in Killer Instinct and every match, even in Killer tier, alternates between me autoplioting my way to victory with his godlike normals and 70% combos or getting stonewalled by Glacius/Omen/Shago/Sadira and their endless fullscreen pressure.

It gets really monotonous over time and the occasional rage message I get isn't worth the void of satisfaction I feel after most sets. SFV at least forces me to adapt and change up my gameplan because doing the same crap over and over again doesn't work in the higher leagues.

KI's still a great game and I love playing it with friends locally, but as a competitive experience it leaves much to be desired.

I like Alex's v-skill. Free v-meter and a counter-hit state? nice. Fall back and spam that till they do something about it.

And 2.5 is making recover just a bit faster? nice.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;234095311 said:
Eh, it's no "Sorry!".

EDIT: Beating somebody who taunted you, and spamming 'Sorry!' at every knock-down never got old. I am, of course, rather childish.

Oh yes. I don't like the gameplay of SFIV but this was probably my fave things in that game. Doing more taunts with SFV animation would be great. That being said the idle poses in SFV are far far superior.

tumblr_ns3irkvceY1tlc1q4o1_250.gif

chunhgse6.gif

kenzgsvy.gif

ryu2xsjp.gif

And some of them even have a hit box.

birdieczptr.gif

tumblr_oipvh9nseH1usrgjso2_500.gif

Village

I would like more taunts

I would also like taunts that would activate depending on who you are fighting. Like special dialogue if you press the taunt button

Spuck-uk

Banned
Nobody ever saw that they're gonna play against a Necalli and thought "This is gonna be fun."

Also unrelated but I'm catching up on the pools and top 4 for Tekken 7 and the thuggery on display makes teabagging look like a bow and a handshake.

Reason #233875 why Tekken is the GOAT

Zackat

Punk should implement taunts into his game instead of always teabag. That'd be the hypest.

I also see luce's girl got her trailer. Don't Injustice and Tekken come out pretty close to each other? How do we hold all these fighting games.

MCD250

Oh yes. I don't like the gameplay of SFIV but this was probably my fave things in that game. Doing more taunts with SFV animation would be great. That being said the idle poses in SFV are far far superior.

tumblr_ns3irkvceY1tlc1q4o1_250.gif
Cammy's so cool.

'Bout to steal this GIF tbh.

Punk should implement taunts into his game instead of always teabag. That'd be the hypest.

I also see luce's girl got her trailer. Don't Injustice and Tekken come out pretty close to each other? How do we hold all these fighting games.

I think Injustice in May, Tekken in June.

VariantX

I would like more taunts

I would also like taunts that would activate depending on who you are fighting. Like special dialogue if you press the taunt button

I miss character specific interactions in SF in general. A3 had a ton of them. Some even had different ones depending on what -ISM the character was in I think (Ryu v. Sagat)??

MCD250

I'm all for character specific interactions.

MKX did this really well. All the characters had multiple lines of dialogue in their intros for every potential rival in the roster. The animations were always the same, but still, that's a pretty big undertaking given how large the cast of that game was. Would love to see stuff like that in Street Fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom