• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
pQ5nfZu.gif

The pom poms work a little too well with Mika's animations lol.

Village

Any screenshots of the new colors?

There is some floating around on reddit
but that's what I'm looking for, gotta look before I fight money. I spent some and got good ones, but some of the ones I found on reddit I was going to buy turned out bad. So I'm glad I waited.

Gotta love Rollback lag switching cunts, dude played Akuma like YOLO Ken, most Akuma players are cautious because of HP, but this player knew he was cheating, wild DP, all day and got away with it, even when i knew it was coming, looking for that CC, so much rollback I couldn't punish it..

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
There is some floating around on reddit
but that's what I'm looking for, gotta look before I fight money. I spent some and got good ones, but some of the ones I found on reddit I was going to buy turned out bad. So I'm glad I waited.

You know what I really hate. How colors are different prices. How do you have a 2k and a 20k color? Its so asinine.

Village

You know what I really hate. How colors are different prices. How do you have a 2k and a 20k color? Its so asinine.

The sane pricing model as the 11-15's or the regular costume. At least with this you don't have to get to a certain character level to unlock it. But yeah, the fight money on a single color is way too much.

I'm close to getting 800k of fight money. I want to get Kolin but I was thinking of waiting for the season pass 2 deal. For those who have Kolin, do you buy her nostalgia costume or is there a secret button to change her default to nostalgia? Also, I don't play online. I usually play in training mode or attempt normal survival on certain characters that I haven't finished.

TheOGB

Banned
A cool comeback I did today: https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedObservantDragonfruitThisIsSparta

I got destroyed by Snafoo's Dhalsim today, otherwise. I'm going to seek out top level Mika vs. Sim MUs to see what's up, 'cause this MU is nuts.
Damn, nice

Can see all colors for most the costumes on each character here:

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/cnl/costume
This is great.

...How long has it been there??

Ibuki (Story) 15
I was confused as to who I was looking at for a moment

edit: oh shit it's Morrigan
014.png

She's lost some of the fabric...seems like it'd be harder to move around in this though. Colors 14 and 15 have kind of a dark, stalkerish look... I want them both!

Is this a PC only thing (again)? Is anyone on PS4 not able to buy the Thailand stage?

I'm close to getting 800k of fight money. I want to get Kolin but I was thinking of waiting for the season pass 2 deal. For those who have Kolin, do you buy her nostalgia costume or is there a secret button to change her default to nostalgia?

You buy it.

TheOGB

Banned
Comments from Sgt. Ashida
Tough, casual look for Ken. He really looks different with the short hair. With color 15, it looks like he's ready to pick up a nearby object and start smashing some zombies.
015.png

Bob White

015.png

All-armored up, he's ready to head out to the battlefield. The armor in color 15 seems kinda flimsy though.

I'm feeling a little bit left in the dust with this awesome ass website

quick edit

014.png

Fucking AWESOME. The charm of these little "pro tips" on the costumes needs to make it's way into the game. It's the perfect blend of nostalgia and utility.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Those two color preview boxes might as well be replaced with a paragraph of Sanskrit. What the hell am I buying capcom?

Sayad

So, Thailand theme is pretty nice for the most part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_AEkLRBBGU

But there's something really off putting about it, those chants at the start that repeat throughout the theme and sound out of place are Islamic chants(will probably cause backlash too since they're Quran verses), this doesn't make sense in a Thailand stage and one that's in a temple too. Like, do they just pick random sounds they find online and use them?!

Yes,they're available to buy but only in-game.

The transaction is handled through the PSN store but you can't buy it on the store, only while accessing it in-game.

Yes and yes. It's a really good price for the content (S2 Pass is $30 alone) and those skins are purchaseably for $4 each, they weren't preorder locked, just throw-in bonuses.
Thanks guys! I'm super tempted to buy that discounted edition.

How is the story mode? Multiplayer online is not really my thing with some exceptions.

Kashiwaba

So, Thailand theme is pretty nice for the most part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_AEkLRBBGU

But there's something really off putting about it, those chants at the start that repeat throughout the theme and sound pout of place are Islamic chants(will probably cause backlash too since they're Quran verses), this doesn't make since in a Thailand stage and one that's in temple too. Like, do they just pick random sounds they find online and use them?!
Ya i just noticed this, it could be that capcom is looking for some publicity :p.

yurinka

Is this a PC only thing (again)? Is anyone on PS4 not able to buy the Thailand stage?
I think the only thing exclusive to PC was this quick beta for the upcoming CFN online system change (its content will be available to all PS4+PC users this week in the next game update). Obviously the Thailand stage will be available to PS4: the game sold way more copies in PS4 than in PC.

According to SteamSpy SFV sold around 273K copies on Steam, out of 1.5M (PS4+PC combined) copies sold.

I tried reaching out to feedback@capcom.com, and asked if they would be releasing a CPT DLC bundle on Steam. Unfortunately, but not too surprisingly, that team did not have any information about that, and just recommended reading Capcom Unity.

I'll probably have to figure out my Twitter password and write to the SFV accounts there.

Edzi

They removed Thailand stage from the list i guess it's to fix the music issues.

So that's why I couldn't buy it. Oh well. Honestly, if the track was actually using Quranic recitation then it's a good move to get rid of it soon. Japanese devs/composers really needs to wise up on other regions' cultural sensitivities since this isn't the first time something like this has come out of Japan.

I think the only thing exclusive to PC was this quick beta for the upcoming CFN online system change (its content will be available to all PS4+PC users this week in the next game update). Obviously the Thailand stage will be available to PS4: the game sold way more copies in PS4 than in PC.

According to SteamSpy SFV sold around 273K copies on Steam, out of 1.5M (PS4+PC combined) copies sold.

That's not what I mean. See my previous posts.

I'm asking if the non-availability of the stage in the shop is another one of those "PC things". Several of us on PC can't buy it. I'm wondering if the same is happening on PS4 too.

Ucchedavāda;234731851 said:
I tried reaching out to feedback@capcom.com, and asked if they would be releasing a CPT DLC bundle on Steam. Unfortunately, but not too surprisingly, that team did not have any information about that, and just recommended reading Capcom Unity.

I'll probably have to figure out my Twitter password and write to the SFV accounts there.
Capcom's almost up there with Nintendo for how much they seem to not want to take my money. I would have bought last year's bundle too, but like hell if I'm going to pay more to get some of it à la carte and get less overall.

Sayad

So that's why I couldn't buy it. Oh well. Honestly, if the track was actually using Quranic recitation then it's a good move to get rid of it soon. Japanese devs/composers really needs to wise up on other regions' cultural sensitivities since this isn't the first time something like this has come out of Japan.
I'm more amazed by how out of place it is, like I don't expect random dev in Japan to know about cultural sensitivities in other parts of the world, but I'd at least expect a composer to know what the sounds they're using are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom